• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Watford***

CXVFa1kWsAAZnYf.jpg:large
That's a great photo

I'd be interested to see a top-down angle - bloody hell, that looks in for sure. It's a case of a millimeter, maybe two at most.

Don't be daft.

The lines are a max of 5 inches thick.

So let's be conservative and assume that line is 4 inches thick. The ball is just over halfway across the line, so my guess it's a touch under two inches to spare. Easy!

Btw, that angle is dead straight.

Don't be daft.

The lines are a max of 5 inches thick.

So let's be conservative and assume that line is 4 inches thick. The ball is just over halfway across the line, so my guess it's a touch under two inches to spare. Easy!

Btw, that angle is dead straight.

No way that was just over halfway across the line - 95 percent of the ball looked over the line. Hence the millimeters. The reason I ask for top-down view is precisely because of the 3d nature of that image making it unclear how far the ball was from goal - even including the simulated shadow would have been very useful in that regard, as a 2d representation on the 2d goal-line.

Indeed :eek:

CXU842jWcAIjAp_.png

5Live was about 10 seconds ahead of my feed :confused:

No way that was just over halfway across the line - 95 percent of the ball looked over the line. Hence the millimeters. The reason I ask for top-down view is precisely because of the 3d nature of that image making it unclear how far the ball was from goal - even including the simulated shadow would have been very useful in that regard, as a 2d representation on the 2d goal-line.

Wha?

Look at the picture. The ball is about halfway across the thickness of the line.

That is a dead straight angle. It's the still taken where the 'camera' zooms in, goes through the post and goes in for the close up in the replay.

I'd estimate there's 1.5 to 2 inches of line to go there. Not millimetres.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH...WHO fudging CAAAAAAAAAARES?!!!! did ANYONE get into this dissection over kane's?

We were absolutely battered today.
Pochettino made so many bad tactical decisions that he can hopefully learn from.
And still we won.
COYS.
Lets win the League.

GHod that was lucky but in a way, I'm more pleased we won today than the Norwich game because we played crap. You have to grind out wins when you're not at your best.

Both these judgments seem way over the top for me.

First time in quite a while I feel we got more out of the game than we deserved based on our performance. It was a close fought game that could have gone either way. But we weren't battered and we didn't play crap.

Watford came into this game 3 points behind us. 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 leading up to this. In great form, and a hard working well organized team at home on a difficult pitch. I really don't understand what people are expecting from games like these. But I went into the game thinking that a draw would be a fine result, we put in a decent performance worthy of a draw, were solid at the back and edged it with the win. What's not to like?

Very good win against a very though opposition. Them going down to 10 men didn't make it easier, as they just sat back even more, not leaving any space at all. Think we fought well and deserved the win. Lamela is becoming a fantastic player! Semented our top 4 position. United and Chelski drawing was the perfect result. Things are looking good! COYS!

Both these judgments seem way over the top for me.

First time in quite a while I feel we got more out of the game than we deserved based on our performance. It was a close fought game that could have gone either way. But we weren't battered and we didn't play crap.

Watford came into this game 3 points behind us. 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 leading up to this. In great form, and a hard working well organized team at home on a difficult pitch. I really don't understand what people are expecting from games like these. But I went into the game thinking that a draw would be a fine result, we put in a decent performance worthy of a draw, were solid at the back and edged it with the win. What's not to like?

Defensively we were good and limited them, Lloris put us in danger more than once with his kicking but that's another story.

Going forward we were crap. No offence Brain, but every time we play sub-par or not quite to our best, you come on here and claim we played well or that people are overreacting. We lost 3-0 to Stoke last season to an awful performance and you said the same that day.

I wasn't expecting to steamroller Watford, not by a long shot, but I would have expected us to create a few more chances, especially in the last 25 minutes against 10 men, we didn't test Gomes at all today. Of course I am happy with the win given the circumstances, I just didn't see a performance like that coming.

I don't know about you, but I felt that Watford were more likely to nick a winner in the last 10 mins until Son scored.

We certainly weren't battered, that's complete nonsense. We went to sleep on about 80 minutes and played like clowns from then til the end, but we somehow got the winning goal in that time. From around 60 minutes (when they got the red card) to 80 minutes, Watford hardly had the ball.

For the first hour of the game, we were the better side and created the better chances. We were lucky to get the winner at the point in the game where we were second best, but if anybody deserved to win this game, it was us overall.

Defensively we were good and limited them, Lloris put us in danger more than once with his kicking but that's another story.

Going forward we were crap. No offence Brain, but every time we play sub-par or not quite to our best, you come on here and claim we played well or that people are overreacting. We lost 3-0 to Stoke last season to an awful performance and you said the same that day.

I wasn't expecting to steamroller Watford, not by a long shot, but I would have expected us to create a few more chances, especially in the last 25 minutes against 10 men, we didn't test Gomes at all today. Of course I am happy with the win given the circumstances, I just didn't see a performance like that coming.

We had 10 shots, they had 9. We had 3 shots on target, they had 1. "We were battered." "We played crap." At least you've modified yourself to "going forward were were crap".

We struggled to create clear cut chances. No real surprise. Kane had one of those games where the marginal stuff wasn't happening for him in front of goal. The ball over the top he could have hit first time, when he could have fed in Lamela, but overhit it etc.

I thought they defended rather well. And we struggled to get our game going on a poor pitch. A few too many players wasting a few too many passes and touches, but far from crap.

Again. This is a team that left Liverpool for dead with a 3-0 win just a couple of weeks ago...

Overall my take was we were poor at times for us compared to resent games, but we worked our arses off and Watford were good fighters.
This was our second game in 48 hours and we got 3 points = Happy

We had 10 shots, they had 9. We had 3 shots on target, they had 1. "We were battered." "We played crap." At least you've modified yourself to "going forward were were crap".

We struggled to create clear cut chances. No real surprise. Kane had one of those games where the marginal stuff wasn't happening for him in front of goal. The ball over the top he could have hit first time, when he could have fed in Lamela, but overhit it etc.

I thought they defended rather well. And we struggled to get our game going on a poor pitch. A few too many players wasting a few too many passes and touches, but far from crap.

Again. This is a team that left Liverpool for dead with a 3-0 win just a couple of weeks ago...

I assume you were quoting Modric because I never said we got "battered".

Personally, I felt that Watford were more likely to win the game in the last 10 minutes than we were. They were centimetres away from taking the lead, Dier then made a great block to prevent an almost certain goal from Deeney, this once again was with 10 men.

I know you always like to be positive, but from a performance point of view, there's not much to take away from today's game.

The big positive is that we won whilst being nowhere near our best, teams that want to finish in the top 4 have to win ugly at times.

Hard fought, slightly undeserved win away against a hard working, fairly physical side.

Love it.

I assume you were quoting Modric because I never said we got "battered".

Personally, I felt that Watford were more likely to win the game in the last 10 minutes than we were. They were centimetres away from taking the lead, Dier then made a great block to prevent an almost certain goal from Deeney, this once again was with 10 men.

I know you always like to be positive, but from a performance point of view, there's not much to take away from today's game.

The big positive is that we won whilst being nowhere near our best, teams that want to finish in the top 4 have to win ugly at times.

Yes. That was Modric. I was quoting both of you with my initial post as I disagreed with both descriptions of our performance.

I like to be positive. I also like to be realistic. I also like to use words in a way that seems reasonable. We're two years away from AVB (who you hated) and Sherwood (who many other hated) and both a situation and performances that truly could be described as crap. Words lose their meaning for me if this was well described as a crap performance.

Do you agree that we deserved a point based on our performance?

Great win! I've read somewhere that we're the team that has scored the most from corners this season, but can't find the stat - anyone know?

Back