• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Watford***

Can we sign both Ighalo and Deeney? I don't want to see either of them playing against us again. If they turn out to be brick for us (very likely), then just keep them around anyway until their contracts run out. They were a nightmare.

Ighalo is Papa Cisse all over again IMO. Not a long-term, he will fade next season. He was lucky to be on the pitch for the last 20minutes to be honest.

Just a quick recap of some of their pre match comments:
Tough game. But to say we played rubbish does both teams a disservice. Watford riding high and at home. To beat a form team away is good. They are a very good defensive team so we was never going to steam roll them.

Their goal was a foul. Ibdago pushes Dier with both hands to get possession.

Was a certain red. His boot was thigh high and caught lamela badly.

Jesus we was lucky with that corner.

Initial ball into Son he was offside but Gomes got it. The ball back in he was level at worst but slightly behind play so could not be offside. Lovely finish.

We ground out a win against a tough team away from home. Be happy.

Ighalo is Papa Cisse all over again IMO. Not a long-term, he will fade next season. He was lucky to be on the pitch for the last 20minutes to be honest.
Perhaps. It's hard to tell. I think he is much more of a presence than Cisse is and ever was. Cisse went through a purple patch where he scored with just about every shot. Ighalo will at the very least always be giving center backs at hard time, I think, due to his physical strength.

My laptop river was about 6mins behind and ran out of power seconds before the goal. Missed all the brick at the end but I will live an extra day because of it.

Such a clear red card - a dirty reckless challenge.

Daylight robbery from us though - I really worry that we look devoid of creativity when we are pressing teams who are sitting back in numbers

OK, as it is my job to further augment my 'happy classy' reputation here, when a side like brickford goes a man down and packs their half of the pitch with birches jobbers clogging every space, then yes, it is going to be a tough afternoon. But we got there didn't we?

Perhaps. It's hard to tell. I think he is much more of a presence than Cisse is and ever was. Cisse went through a purple patch where he scored with just about every shot. Ighalo will at the very least always be giving center backs at hard time, I think, due to his physical strength.

Agreed, hard to tell, I just don't think he will prevail long-term.

Tough game. But to say we played rubbish does both teams a disservice. Watford riding high and at home. To beat a form team away is good. They are a very good defensive team so we was never going to steam roll them.

Initial ball into Son he was offside but Gomes got it. The ball back in he was level at worst but slightly behind play so could not be offside. Lovely finish.

The point was that they think they're not a rugby team despite being a team full of thuggish players that consistently goes long ball. I could have added the one about Deeney being a perfect target man as well.

Perfect summary.

Indeed :eek:

CXU842jWcAIjAp_.png

5Live was about 10 seconds ahead of my feed :confused:

That 2 seconds when looked at his watch felt like 2 minutes, I was just waiting for him to award a goal. No goal-line technology and thats given...

Cobblers. You need to explain that. I won't bother quoting stats as we both know they require context, but 'battered'? How? Because we had to go toe-to-toe with an in-form side on their ground as opposed to strolling around the park enjoying a 4-0 win? Funny too how these 'bad' tactical decisions left us shutting down two of the hottest strikers in the league right now (their goal was hardly 'fashioned') and given that Pochettino rotated the FBs, lost Dembele early and has a desperately out-of-form leader in Eriksen, I'd say he did a fine job. Dier dropping in was a smart move.
How dare parochial little upstarts like Watford refuse to lie down and let us walk all over them.

Still shaking. Wish we had been there, you cant beat a last-minute winner. Villa Park and KC Stadium last season turned out to be 2 of my favourite awaydays of recent times

Back