• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Watford***

My summary. Hard victory. A lot of factors made this a tough game - Watford on form and at home. Watford's coach is familiar with Poch and knows his system (or so he thought until today)!! Also the exhaustion of the players.

Poch did brilliant with his tactical switch to 3-2-2-2-1 (either 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1). Then after the red card, he switched to the familiar 4-2-3-1 and over loaded the box. Disappointed we conceded and Dier shouldnt say he didnt know how strong Ighalo is. Hasnt he watched tapes?

How dare parochial little upstarts like Watford refuse to lie down and let us walk all over them.
Although to be fair we were dreadful from about 81-89 mins. Invited pressure and lost composure. Even afterwards Lloris went on a suicide mission and passed the ball straight back to them. we conceded about 4 unnecessary corners purely through poor communication or brain dead football.

Do we care? only slightly ;)

How anyone can claim that that wasn't a red card is beyond me! Recless and dangerous, clear as daylight. Lamella was lucky he didn't get his thigh torn up.
Indeed. A terrible tackle.

It was a strange one, though. Came out of the blue. Probably careless rather than malicious, but one of the worst "tackles" I have seen in a long time nevertheless. Nice to have Chelsea-players doing us a favour, though.

I hardly ever post. Just lurk like a voyeur. But just to say that game almost gave me a heart attack. And then a beautiful end. Absolute credit to Watford - what a bunch of horrible beasts: but I loved their fight and hope they stay up for a long time and give everyone else a good tacoting. Anyways, COYS. Now to watch Man U v Cheatskov without any palpitations...

3 points off top and the traditional challengers have either fallen away or are floundering. Can we really start to dream?

Shame this wasn't Pochettino's 3rd season as i think the extra season developing the team would see us in with a great shout in this topsy turvy league season - as it is i think we're a little green

Asked if Nathan Ake's foul was a red card, [Poch] said: "Maybe orange or red, definitely more than yellow."

Would agree with the big man.

One of the best away games I've been too

Great bunch of lads first and foremost

Their the wins that mean the most... 2-1 last minute is blinding

Watford huffed and puffed and basically went route 1 or tried to stop us at source

Going 3 at the back was different and very comfortable until they scored but that took a lucky bounce IMO

Our goal was a classic goal of where he had no other option and son did what he done best

fudging quality... I had to apologise to the Norwegian couple next to me a lot but the saw some real emotion today and loved every minute of it

Ugly ugly win, but I'll take it. We were owed one after all those early season draws where we dominated and came away with only a point. Credit to Watford they played us well and the way the match unfolded, even with them playing with 10 men, I would have settled for a point, but over the moon we got all 3 and are sitting 3rd! Wow, when was the last time that happened, even if we have a game more? Let's take the momentum into the 2nd half of the season and string a few wins together and anything is possible! COYS!

Maybe Poch prayed to Ghoddle in the last 10 mins and it paid off.

"With ten weeks to go, Espanyol were bottom, eight points from safety, with four wins. As the story goes, Pochettino hiked twelve kilometres to Montserrat and begged the Virgin to save his team. Espanyol duly won eight of their remaining ten games, including a victory at the Camp Nou, and came tenth."

Maybe Poch prayed to Ghoddle in the last 10 mins and it paid off.

"With ten weeks to go, Espanyol were bottom, eight points from safety, with four wins. As the story goes, Pochettino hiked twelve kilometres to Montserrat and begged the Virgin to save his team. Espanyol duly won eight of their remaining ten games, including a victory at the Camp Nou, and came tenth."

Let's all go to this place and pray that poch stays for life and we continue this rate of progress forever

CXVFa1kWsAAZnYf.jpg:large

*not my photo

Last edited:
Back