• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Watford***

some of you fans don't deserve to support spurs ... i was reading some of the pathetic wet blouse posts by some on here when it was 1-1 ... talk about perspective

Thankfully because I go to the games I very rarely have to read the match threads, but I do read through a few pages some times and have to laugh at some of the hysterical bitching of some posters ( this site is not so bad but some of the others) and the rubbish that gets posted is sad. I guess its a sign of ( some ) fans thinking they know better then the pros and that winning at abacus games gives them a insight into the real world of football.

Well another 3 points and some are still not happy :rolleyes: Did we play well? the truth was no we did not, Did we play crap ( like some seem to be suggesting)? no we did not.

What we did this, (1) We went to play at a ground where the pitch was brick and prepared to stifle any decent play on the ground ( which we struggled with) and suited for the game Watford play. (2) we played against one of the form teams in the Lge ( 4 wins out of the last five, scoring 11 goals) against two forwards who have other teams ragged this season. (3) We allowed these two forwards (who have scored 20 goals this season) one shot on target.

Now I will be honest and say that I thought we would struggle to get more then a point from the game before the kick off, I thought the above reasons plus our second game in three days may be a reason for that to happen. So I am overjoyed that we came away with three points and just goes to show what Poch has driven into this team ( the ability to win when things are hard).

Lamela was my MOM and although a lot of the team were not at their best we did enough to come away winners, another thing I fail to understand is the bitching about Carrols performance he did what he was asked to do on a pitch that did not suit his game.

Weirdly enough, I'm not sure the red card did us any favours yesterday. We weren't at our best (as we all agree, I think) but I do think we were basically in control of the game and by the time the sending off happened, I felt we were likely to win.

But once they went down to 10 men, the match changed and they started to pack their own half making it extremely difficult for us to score. If they'd had a full team, I feel the game would have gotten stretched and we would have been in a position to capitalise on that. Instead they sat back for 20 minutes and we couldn't break them down.

If they'd had 11 men during that phase, it's unlikely 9 of them would have sat permanently in their own final third, which is what happened.

Then, however, things changed in the final 10 minutes. I don't know why it happened (and I hope Pochettino had words about it), but for that 10 minute period I would agree with Jurgen... we were crap.

That we nicked a late winner is fantastic, and based on the full 90 minutes, I believe we deserved it. But based on the final ten... we were lucky.

One more thing I wanted to add: if Watford were playing at full strength, I think this might have turned out to be an easier game for us. Them going down a man made them sit back and clog things up to preserve the draw. At full strength they would have gone for the win and we would have had a more open match, in which we thrive.

One more thing I wanted to add: if Watford were playing at full strength, I think this might have turned out to be an easier game for us. Them going down a man made them sit back and clog things up to preserve the draw. At full strength they would have gone for the win and we would have had a more open match, in which we thrive.
"Great minds..." :)

Weirdly enough, I'm not sure the red card did us any favours yesterday. We weren't at our best (as we all agree, I think) but I do think we were basically in control of the game and by the time the sending off happened, I felt we were likely to win.

But once they went down to 10 men, the match changed and they started to pack their own half making it extremely difficult for us to score. If they'd had a full team, I feel the game would have gotten stretched and we would have been in a position to capitalise on that. Instead they sat back for 20 minutes and we couldn't break them down.

If they'd had 11 men during that phase, it's unlikely 9 of them would have sat permanently in their own final third, which is what happened.

Then, however, things changed in the final 10 minutes. I don't know why it happened (and I hope Pochettino had words about it), but for that 10 minute period I would agree with Jurgen... we were crap.

That we nicked a late winner is fantastic, and based on the full 90 minutes, I believe we deserved it. But based on the final ten... we were lucky.
Geez Dubai, are you reading my mind, or am I reading yours? :p

Edit: I meant, Dublin.

Top teams have plenty of games like we had yesterday over the course of a season. Scrappy games in which you don't exactly look like Brazil in their hay day, but still manage to get the points. Not a single team has ever won the league without their fair share of scrappy wins and lucky games.

Having said that, I don't think we were that poor yesterday. We played an in form team. They had one recorded shot on goal, should have been two, mind you, but still. Two shots on goal. We basically neutralised them playing a formation we haven't played before.

Well played, I say. Lamela mom for me. What a great asset he's turning out to be for us now!

This is the best team we faced so far, we haven't had a look in.

Which twerp was it on here who claimed Ighalo to be 'unlikeable'
huh.gif
?!

The bloke is on fire! fantastic build up and beautifully executed goal.. Iggys 30th of the year. 'unlikeable'? **** off!

So that's 3 points we have lost in 2 games from wrong offside calls, what a joke. ***** spurs and the PL refs

They didn't even try and win it after the red card, it was us taking the game to them and we were an inch away from winning it 20 seconds earlier

Bitter taste of injustice. Spurs were dirty as you like. Red card was a poor joke. We haven't had such an awful ref since the championship.

Dreadful team they have there though. Not a chance of winning anything on that show. Seen several much, much better teams than that.

Bloomin goal line technology! Old school that's a goal!! Can't believe just how good we are this season, that was still good to watch, hopefully we give Emirates Marketing Project a decent game as well.

That w*nker doesn't deserve to referee a premier league game ever again, completely robbed.

Son was about 4 yards offside, first in the initial cross then again when the ball was fed back in. Spurs cynical dirty team, I've a feeling we will get our revenge at sh!te Hart Lane

Was a red to be fair. Some shocking decisions otherwise from the ref. I didn't know defenders could bearhug strikers now, must be a new rule. And bookings for Troy and Iggy for shouting at officials? Vardy sticking two fingers up at a lino and telling him to **** off is fine though don't forget. And the winner was offside. Fantastic effort though and a performance like that can only help the team spirit.

Can't really complain about the red - Ake went in studs up waist level. You can't not give a red for that.

Either way, we were excellent again, and made Tottenham look pretty useless.

Gruby side Spurs not above a shove in the back or leaving the boot in. Watching Rose throw himself to the floor under no contact from Deeney just about summed them up.

Definitely a Red
Outplayed and out thought in the first half until a moment of Iggy Magic
Second half a bit more even but can you say we created anything?
Spurs are a decent team and if you a ask me that was the toughest game we've had all season, at least against Arsenal we actually had a few chances in the first half.
Yes Son was well offside and that was very unlucky not to get a point but we certainly isn't deserve any more out of it.

To be fair it's difficult to create much when you're playing with ten men against a team like Spurs, Deeney is playing right midfield and Ighalo is dead on his feet up front. Strange comment that I'm afraid.

Learnt today that Arsenal are still on a different football planet to Spuds. Worst cheats at The Vic all season. Would have won with a non bent ref.

Spurs changed their formation to counter us today..what a compliment..and it took a huge slice of luck and some shocking refereeing decisions today for a top 4 side to beat us. Undeserved. We looked the better side in the closing minutes.

I'm angry tonight but also very proud of our team. It's been an incredible 2015 and an incredible first half of this season in the PL. And the best thing is, you feel there is so much to come.

I hope Anthony Taylor's wife leaves him and gets the house.

Nothing you can do when the ref is the back pocket of the opposition. Favoured Spurs all game and I'm glad a lot of the pundits are saying the red was questionable. Never a red card, studs high, yes, but he won the ball first. Ref had zero control over that game whatsoever. Numerous spurs players should have been booked in the first half but weren't and that changes the game simply because those players would have been more on edge about putting tackles in during the 2nd half. They were dirty and cheating all game with all their pulls and tugs on the shirts or Deeney and Igahlo, as for Rose's dive, why wasn't he booked? Shocking officiating, one of the worst performance's I've seen in a long time by officials. Truly despicable!

To play the way we did and be the better team with 10 men sums up just how good we are. Nothing about Spurs' win is warranted or deserved. We should have had a blatant penalty in the first half where Vertonghen deliberately stopped and pulled Igahlo's shirt from getting the bouncing ball, thankfully the pundits here in the States also saw that and stated that is should have been a penalty, so hopefully the media in England will also comment but I doubt it because we're not one the "big four."

As a side point, what a snivelling snide Harry Kane has become. Sprinted 30 yards to try and get Britos sent off, then in the refs face 10 minutes later to ensure Ake was.

I think the worst one for me was Danny Rose diving in his own corner right under my nose, the linesman's nose and then the referee comes over and refuses to pull a yellow out. This not long after Ighalo was chased and nibbled at by 4 spurs players for about 30 yards, before being booked himself. Truely bizarre.

Tottenham are not one of the big 4

If Spurs is the worst team to play right now we're going to be more than fine.

We belong in the Premiership. With 11 men we'd have got something from the game; even a win wouldn't have been bullish.

Spurs first half were good though as they played our game better and we looked lost. We got stronger as the half wore on.

Second half they came out stronger than us with a different game plan to counter attack. Again for about 10 minutes we struggled to adjust but we held strong and we pushed back.

Hard to say whether Ake was red where I sat. The issue however is not the red but all the decisions big or small that preceded and followed the red.

I hope the referee and assistants are stripped of the ability to manage in the Prem. Refuse to believe he was fit and proper

That ref should never ever ever be able to ref again what a **** the biggest **** I have ever seen.Never felt so cheated in a game in my whole life should be reported to the fa and never be given a chance again I am sure he had a spurs top on underneath his batty pants.

I havnt seen the 'offside' goal but Adrian Durham sounded like a right biased twit on Talksport.

He kept saying throughout the game that Watford fans are influencing the ref with the noise they were making - and that led to Deli Ali's yellow card in the first few minutes which he didnt even think was a foul

Then after Son scored the winner he said it was a good goal. Son according to Durham wasnt offside according to the new rule in the first phase and wasnt offside when he touched the ball to score.

David Pleat was more impartial on five live and he managed Spurs and L*ton

Defensively we were good and limited them, Lloris put us in danger more than once with his kicking but that's another story.

Going forward we were crap. No offence Brain, but every time we play sub-par or not quite to our best, you come on here and claim we played well or that people are overreacting. We lost 3-0 to Stoke last season to an awful performance and you said the same that day.

I wasn't expecting to steamroller Watford, not by a long shot, but I would have expected us to create a few more chances, especially in the last 25 minutes against 10 men, we didn't test Gomes at all today. Of course I am happy with the win given the circumstances, I just didn't see a performance like that coming.

I don't know about you, but I felt that Watford were more likely to nick a winner in the last 10 mins until Son scored.

That's how I saw it too. We didn't test Gomes all day ( the two goals apart! - were they our only two shots on target?). Our creativity was sadly lacking against Watford. The new formation didn't really suit us. Allis early card diminished his performance. Kane looked tired (not surprisingly really given his unstinting shifts).We never really clicked all day even against 10.

While I was ecstatic with the result, it was the first time this season we got more than we deserved IMO. Maybe it just evens out the fortune of those early season draws (and United loss) where the reverse was true.

Seems that Watford's fans and players are used to their team doing the bullying, rather than getting bullied themselves, going on about "dirty Spurs." Don't like it up 'em!

Ref gave them a fully deserved red and gave Alli a totally undeserved yellow, which ruined his first half for him (he did much better in the 2nd though).

Attention Watford fans - you weren't cheated out of the game, you had 1 shot on target and you were 'dominant' for a 10 minute spell in the game from about 80 minutes, when our players went to sleep. You 'deserved' a point at most, but looking at the whole game, we were the better side and if 1 team should take 3 points, it was us -- and we did!

Loving some of those comments from the Hornets faithful...

at the end of the day Spurs can say to quote Julius Ceasar:

'Veni Vidi Vici'

'I came, I saw, I conquered'

In fact if spurs keep this up then many of our fans can keep saying 'Veni' 'I Came' but in saying this could mean something else entirely.

I know a few Watford fans and there a right bunch of clams

They had no shots until there first goal and their next shot on target from memory was the corner that almost went in

They have a YouTube video of allis tackle claiming it was scandalous and A fan we met after the game claimed Sons goal never crossed the line

We changed formation to deal with their front two and it worked. We needed to date more but we forced the mistakes and that was great to see

Their bang on form and didn't test Hugo much at all despite being home. The sending off was correct but made it harder for us and they sat even deeper but we got the result we deserved as we were the most attacking aide for the majority of the game

How did Watford just have one recorded shot on target, according to the stats? Doesn't the corner that almost went in count as a shot?

Seems that Watford's fans and players are used to their team doing the bullying, rather than getting bullied themselves, going on about "dirty Spurs." Don't like it up 'em!

Ref gave them a fully deserved red and gave Alli a totally undeserved yellow, which ruined his first half for him (he did much better in the 2nd though).

Attention Watford fans - you weren't cheated out of the game, you had 1 shot on target and you were 'dominant' for a 10 minute spell in the game from about 80 minutes, when our players went to sleep. You 'deserved' a point at most, but looking at the whole game, we were the better side and if 1 team should take 3 points, it was us -- and we did!

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?56930-Watford-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur-28th-December-2015/page8

It goes on and on for another 25 pages (I presume, I haven't read them all).

There does seem to be a fan that cannot accept that we will concede goals.My first reaction when Ingalo scored was wow we gave him half a second and he scored great player at the nothing to do other than go and score up the other end.The atmosphere seemed to turn really hostile after the red card and maybe that affected the players or did they think job done we will now easily win maybe it was the games in quick succession but the pace really dropped off for 20 mins or so.Very little compares with the joy of the last minute winner.

Were they claiming his actual positioning for the goal was off-side?

As for the red - perhaps they feel hard done by because the commentator admitted his foot was high and stud showing and into Coco's middle but unintentional... :rolleyes:

Loving some of those comments from the Hornets faithful...

at the end of the day Spurs can say to quote Julius Ceasar:

'Veni Vidi Vici'

'I came, I saw, I conquered'

In fact if spurs keep this up then many of our fans can keep saying 'Veni' 'I Came' but in saying this could mean something else entirely.
I feel this comment has been criminally underappreciated. Both cerebral (you know, cos of the Latin bit) and smutty. The perfect mix.

If Spurs keep going as they are, I will Veni many times over.

Back