• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

Nobody is judging Ange solely after 3 games of this season. People are seeing a lot of the same issues from last season carry on over into this season. So with Ange, you had a great start that's tailed off into mediocrity (results wise) pretty consistently for a year now.

With Poch, you had a slow start, it picked up, you could see a plan and issues being fixed and he had momentum behind him.

I've not seen one Spurs fan call for Ange to be fired or anything. The fans are behind him. But there are very legitimate concerns.
There are plenty
People in here are questioning if he is the one
That’s saying he isn’t the right guy
Poch first season he even knows himself he was lucky to keep his job and the Villa result made a difference
I don’t buy into carrying over last season results because it’s a different season, different teams and different players in some cases. Hell that’s why some people think we got points in those games… we were the different beast
But… as I’ve said… if it’s a repeated theme this season after a better period to judge, I’d agree there are issues
Right now the issue is we have a top CB switching off when we’re dominant. That’s the reason we have conceded goals (and the second yesterday was partly on him at best).
I fully agree we conceded some high quality chances but they are nearly all avoidable with basic better play. Very basic. Tha5 the frustrating thing
If that continues into a quarter of the season I’m worried

Last edited:
There are plenty
People in here are questioning if he is the one
That’s saying he isn’t the right guy
Poch frost season he even knows himself he was lucky to keep his job and the Villa result made a differnec
I don’t buy into carrying over last season results because it’s a different season, different teams and different players in some cases. Hell that’s why some people think we got points in those games… we were the different beast
But… as I’ve said… if it’s a repeated theme this season after a better period to judge, I’d agree there are issues
Right now the issue is we have a top CB switching off when we’re dominant. That’s the reason we have conceded goals (and the second yesterday was partly on him at best).
I fully agree we conceded some Hugh quality chances but they are nearly all avoidable with basic better play. Very basic. Tha5 the frustrating thing
If that continues into a quarter of the season I’m worried
Depends what you mean by "The One". I'm not sure there is a "The One" for the reasons I outlined around wages/ENIC.

Ange will have us punching around our level (4th-7th) and we'll be entertaining. That's better than Jose or Conte in my book and I'm willing to give him a chance to do that and declare him successful if he does regardless of my opinion on his tactics. If he does better than that, I'll gladly eat the humble pie.

If people want "The One" to come in and get use challenging consistently for big prizes - Ange will never do that IMO.

I think this is absolutely key (and I agree). Even with Van de Ven, Solanke, and Richarlison out, if we had spent the money on Eze then today is different. Instead, we're reliant on potential in Odobert to learn fast on the job; he's raw and needs development, yet here we are, with him and Werner as main options for a key area of a Postecoglu side. Equally, Eze would push Maddison. I am not sure Johnson could've done much more supply-wise, albeit he did miss a great chance he created. But again, I think you're right and as such it's an easier ride if accepted.
It was never going to be Eze and a striker. It would have been one or the other. Striker was a bigger need and getting Eze was never going to be... easy. 65m release clause with most of the payment up front would have even the richest teams balk, as was evident by the fact no other team went in for him. Now had we sold Richie to Saudi, maybe, but even then I think it would have been unlikely. You have a star-in-the-making in Bergvall and if you buy Eze you're just blocking his path.

Depends what you mean by "The One". I'm not sure there is a "The One" for the reasons I outlined around wages/ENIC.

Ange will have us punching around our level (4th-7th) and we'll be entertaining. That's better than Jose or Conte in my book and I'm willing to give him a chance to do that and declare him successful if he does regardless of my opinion on his tactics. If he does better than that, I'll gladly eat the humble pie.

If people want "The One" to come in and get use challenging consistently for big prizes - Ange will never do that IMO.
We shall see
I think we will do better than last year the squad is better
The system is more embedded
Just need one defender to do more and not have all our strikers injured at the same time (not that Ange will play lankshear IMO)

The next one though IMO will be Iraola

I didn’t enjoy Jose’s reign or the end of Conte’s reign but I always believed it was fanciful to believe that Ange would be much more successful, particularly in silverware terms, than those two. I stand by that. In fairness, Poch did come mightily close as a relative novice, but I can’t see Ange hitting those heights.

Par for us is 4th - 7th. Ange will achieve that IMO which is a job reasonably well done.
For me Slot was the one. Expansive football, but more pragmatic. I was so gutted when Liverpool named him their next manager, as I was hoping he would succeed Ange in 2-3 years' time. Looks like that ship has sailed, though. I still think Ange was a very good appointment and immediately turned around the atmosphere after the toxicity of the Conte reign. I think he will set up a really good foundation for us in the next 1-2 years, but it may be the manager that follows him that gets us over the hump.

In isolation, losing away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine isn't a catastrophe, they'll win most of their home games, but because we lost in a similar way to how we drew at Leicester, is a bit frustrating and concerning. I'm not giving up though. Our team is young, and I'm confident we'll get better. Sooner or later, hopefully the former, we'll start taking more of our chances, and get rewarded for being dominant for 85 minutes of games.
This. The result yesterday is coloring our view of the performance itself. We played really well, especially in the second half. We took the game to them and they were hanging on. At SJP, of all places, where we have folded like a cheap suit the past couple of seasons. In all 3 of our matches we have been clearly the better team. If we keep it up, the results will even out eventually. We won't challenge for the title, but given the squad overhaul we never would have this season, anyway. But we will finish in the CL spots, of that I have no doubt. Our title challenge is still one to two years away and it may be under a new manager who will build on the foundations Ange is laying. But the progression is definitely in the right direction.

For me Slot was the one. Expansive football, but more pragmatic. I was so gutted when Liverpool named him their next manager, as I was hoping he would succeed Ange in 2-3 years' time. Looks like that ship has sailed, though. I still think Ange was a very good appointment and immediately turned around the atmosphere after the toxicity of the Conte reign. I think he will set up a really good foundation for us in the next 1-2 years, but it may be the manager that follows him that gets us over the hump.
We had terms agreed with slot but they wanted £17m release fee

Conte Mourinho & Pochettino didn't adapt at Spurs.

Klopp Arteta & Pep didn't at their respective clubs either.

I'm sure there are other examples. Managers who change their approach based on the players at their disposal are few and far between these days, especially in the first couple of years when the aim is to get the team up to speed with how they want to play.

Managers live and die by bedding in their tactics and there is often a year or two of ups & downs at the beginning.

Ange is no different, either his tactics work and he's here long enough to get the team playing how he wants or they don't/he isn't here long enough to see it through.

There is a lot of truth in that but game to game, especially in big ones a la cup semi-finals/finals ALL those managers make adjustments, especially when a key player is missing. Playing a slightly deeper line because you're missing your fastest defender is not the same as totally changing your philosphy as manager.
Poch himself often changed tactics when playing away at the Emirates for example

This. The result yesterday is coloring our view of the performance itself. We played really well, especially in the second half. We took the game to them and they were hanging on. At SJP, of all places, where we have folded like a cheap suit the past couple of seasons. In all 3 of our matches we have been clearly the better team. If we keep it up, the results will even out eventually. We won't challenge for the title, but given the squad overhaul we never would have this season, anyway. But we will finish in the CL spots, of that I have no doubt. Our title challenge is still one to two years away and it may be under a new manager who will build on the foundations Ange is laying. But the progression is definitely in the right direction.

My feelings as well, gutted that we lost of course but looks at the stats [ and normally i do not put to much emphisis on them] 20 shots to their 9, twice as many shots on target then they had, etc,etc. we should have won that game and if we had Solanke or Richarlson as a CF we probably would have done. I know a couple of geordie lads who were at the game and they both said they were lucky to win.

We were unlucky to lose that [ can not believe anyone who says we were'nt]

Not from what I’ve been told
We would t pay the fee and he agreed new terms with a low release fee

I did always fear Slot will end up being felt as 'the one that got away'...

He always seemed like a manager with an attacking philosophy but also one that would shelve and be pragmatic when necessary..oh well, it will certainly be interesting to see how he does in what will be a much higher pressurised job than ours

He always seemed like a manager with an attacking philosophy but also one that would shelve and be pragmatic when necessary..oh well, it will certainly be interesting to see how he does in what will be a much higher pressurised job than ours
And we are judging slott here on a team that hasn’t changed
But he is a great coach IMO
He gets the explanations simple

And we are judging slott here on a team that hasn’t changed
But he is a great coach IMO
He gets the explanations simple
It's way, way too early to judge Slot but I've been very grudgingly impressed with him so far. Had expected he'd crash and burn with The Dippers but everything about him has been impressive so far.

I'll pray to all my gods that it doesn't continue though.

What made it seem that way to you from his time at Feyenoord?

What made it seem that way to you from his time at Feyenoord?

The way he blew away the Dutch league with attacking flair but then adjusted his approach when playing in Europe, which nearly paid dividends. Player for player i looked at the Feyenoord team and thought they didn't even on paper look as good as Ajax never mind the likes of Roma etc

The way he blew away the Dutch league with attacking flair but then adjusted his approach when playing in Europe, which nearly paid dividends. Player for player i looked at the Feyenoord team and thought they didn't even on paper look as good as Ajax never mind the likes of Roma etc

Maybe I didn't follow Europa all that closely but my impression from that season was that Feyenoord took games to their opponents in Europe?

Back