• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing ***

The confusion I have is, apart from competition for Madds, how else do these 2 players map into the Ange system? He plays with a left and right forward whereas these guys are probably more akin to Poch's 4-2-3-1 system where the full-backs play on their outside. Our full-backs are in the spaces that Eze and MGW love to operate in.

Like you, I'm a fan of Eze and MGW and would have loved them at Spurs already. If I had one or both then I'd love to see them play with Madds somehow.

This, to me, upgrade areas for the team are

- CF (maybe Solanke solves this)
- RW, competition for Johnson (Johnson seems to reinforce he's great as an impact sub not starter, may grow)
- CM x2, a WC 6 (Bissouma competition) and a WC 8 (Maddison competition)

If I look at the heatmaps on the two players, neither are touchline wingers, MGW more the right sided one than Eze

The confusion I have is, apart from competition for Madds, how else do these 2 players map into the Ange system? He plays with a left and right forward whereas these guys are probably more akin to Poch's 4-2-3-1 system where the full-backs play on their outside. Our full-backs are in the spaces that Eze and MGW love to operate in.

Like you, I'm a fan of Eze and MGW and would have loved them at Spurs already. If I had one or both then I'd love to see them play with Madds somehow.
They play instead of him as 10s
That’s it in this system and nothing else
So the flex wouldn’t be there, but the quality would

Yes, the discussion is precisely that, and I think it comes down to whether you think one/both are upgrades on the players currently operating in those areas. It probably means that Deki is most vulnerable, although I stand by my feeling that Madders will a) never play a full season and that b) he could end up being a surprise casualty if Ange feels the upgrade is on and doable. It is significant that he was once again subbed on Sunday as we sought another goal. You could argue it was for change of personnel of course, but ultimately, if you feel he is your match-winner/saver then you'd only sub him if he was hurt IMO.

There really was no opportunity for Eze, Steff. We were never going to pay 65m up front (nor would any team) and Palace didn't need to sell by the time his release clause expired, or if they did, would be asking for truly silly money. Eze was a nonstarter from the get-go.

I freely admitted that. I (roughly) know the parameters under which this club is run, and it was never going to allow us to make such a purchase under such conditons and with the wages (to the best of my knowledge anyway). Eze was available at the start of the window (I am not sure it was the full fee in one swoop at that time, a hefty chunk yes, but this would've been before Olise), but yes, to reinforce all of those points, Daniel Levy does not want to operate like that/with those deals, so it wasn't happening.

I wish, in this instance, he had. But as Billy Bob Thornton said in Bad Santa, wish in one hand and brick in the other; see which fills up first...

I’ll be so glad when Joe fudging Linton retires. Swear the clam always scores against us or causes havoc. Played the killer pass that set up the winner for them on Sunday.
Same here. He is always decisive against us. It started with his 1st goal for them when they beat us 1-0 at WHL in 2019. He scored 2 goals that season.

A year later he also won (dived superman style into one of our players after realising his attempted one two had been intercepted) the free kick which led to the 97th min Dier 'handball' penalty equaliser after we'd absolutely battered them.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Back