• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *

How will our attacking-defensive balance shape up this season?

Hopefully Ange can get a more stable midfield as last season the midfield instability put our defence under a lot of pressure. And then our back line was also hit by injuries post chelsea game. It was a turning point in the season. You knew during the game too. We were a bit overhyped for that one. At home, the team didn’t need geeing up so much as keeping cool, in hindsight. Can we be a bit more calm and stable in midfield and defence? And build defensive stability?

In attack it’s almost the opposite. Can we transition quicker and retain the ball? Often we’ll wait until we’re back into a shape, but so are the opponents. Can we be more fluid and add a bit more flare to our attacking game? It’s why Kulu, Maddison and Bergvall can be so important. Three player who can create out of nothing potentially. I sorely wish we could add Bissouma to that list but it’s fleeting so far. Camero creativity. But he does something magical now and again just to show that he has it in his locker! 1 in 5 games he has a Messi moment. Bentancur at his best will pick passes and open space too. And we know Romero is capable of assisting from CB. All attacking assets.

We don’t have a top top winger who’ll skin players every time. But I’m not sure that matters if the team are fluid and zip the ball around with speed.

It is hard to fit all the players into the team and bench. With a healthy squad there will be a few deserving players unused. Especially if Moore gets used, which he should. Against tiring defenders he could be a little gem.

—————Vicario—————
Porro—Cuti——VdV——Udogie
————Gray——Sarr————
Johnson——Kulu———Son
—————Solanke———

10 out of 11. Noice.

Impudent, indulgent choice of Gray in MF.

But gets the clicks and comments. Apply at once for your Modern Sports Journalism License. If you can witlessly ramble on for 60 or more minutes on Youtube, you could be the next Aliberta Gold.

Monday 19 August - Kick off at 8pm and live on Sky....

I can't wait all week for a match thread so here it is....

Vicario

Porro Romero VDV Destiny

Bentancur Bissouma

Madison

Kulu Solanke Son

And what a bench of strong young players....

Gray, Bergvall, Sarr, Johnson, Moore, Spence Dragusin backed up by Werner, Skipp, Davies and maybe Eze.....

Must win game, so I'm going for 4-1 to us...

COYS
Rather lame effort from Johnny NoMark nipping in early doors to create an impression.

Enjoy the moment. We lose and you're likely facing a hefty ban.

After a run of concerning and unimaginative friendly results, it is within the realm of possibility that newly installed Leicester City manager Steve Cooper could have technically been the first Premier League boss to be sacked during his initial preseason. Although it is unlikely that the Foxes will part ways with the former Nottingham Forest boss so soon, the scenario has actually happened before in European football, along with lower leagues

Profit and Sustainability issues have led to the east Midlands side being devoid of the quality signings required for their squad too. The supposed looming points deduction penalty is another reason why any gaffer, in spite of calibre, may not have been able to save the King Power club from a repeated inevitable-seeming relegation plight. How long will Cooper be on Filbert Way if these substandard and disjointed performances continue into the competitive season?

Steve Cooper already appears to be on rocky ground before a daunting Leicester City campaign even begins

Tottenham are a side that play very good football under Postecoglou.

On their day they can carve through opponents at will, so Cooper needs to be careful about how he decides to approach the game.

The Leicester fans will be in full voice and Cooper could be tempted to instruct his side to use the energy of the crowd to get at Spurs early on and attack with numbers.

Given Tottenham’s defensive flaws, this is a tactic that could work.

However, he may be better served allowing his Foxes players to grow into their first game back in the Premier League by setting up to be hard to beat in order to avoid being torn apart early on.

It may be difficult for Leicester fans to watch, but it would be worth it if Cooper masterminds a result.

Who will start for Bissouma? Bentancur? Gray? Will Bergvall come off the bench for Maddison? Odobert on the bench? Kulu or Johnson to start out right?

Will be exciting to see us play competitive football again. I hope we're ready and get off to a flyer.

Who will start for Bissouma? Bentancur? Gray? Will Bergvall come off the bench for Maddison? Odobert on the bench? Kulu or Johnson to start out right?

Will be exciting to see us play competitive football again. I hope we're ready and get off to a flyer.

Bentancur & Sarr I'd have thought are nailed on to start

Although has Sarr featured much in preseason?

Back