• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *

Too many players are ‘shy’ finishing. Solanke too. Obviously a bit nervous on his debut. But oh how they lack conviction in attack. To really *attack*. So many times there is hesitancy. A pause, a quick check…and the moment is gone. The sheer determination and singular vision to hit the back of the net is missing. Apart from Poro who has that. The others are too ‘English’ - polite, nervous, lack singular conviction in front of goal.

You could watch that game back and find more than 10 openings where we lacked that sheer determination to score. There’s a pause where a player delays a run, a hesitant shot that isn’t into the corner of the goal, a header lacking bullet force etc etc

We have a squad that lacks instinctive finishers.
We are also playing our first game of the seasonn

I may be stupid…but in all seriousness, can anyone explain to me what ‘Angeball’ actually is?

Dominate teams with relenetless pressing and waves of attack, and score when on top to kill a game. The thing we're still lacking is the killer instinct to kill games. Hurt us last season, needs to change quickly.

Dominate teams with relenetless pressing and waves of attack, and score when on top to kill a game. The thing we're still lacking is the killer instinct to kill games. Hurt us last season, needs to change quickly.
In a nutshell
Take more of the chances we create and it’s game over

They are

But better teams may not have their luck

When you talk about other teams will maximise the chances we give them, we may maximise the ones we create too
Let’s hope so. Just a concern really.

There’s been a lot of optimism regards us this season. I’ve not seen much change i feel we are going to be similar. Couple talented youngsters signed but they are for the future.

It’s going to be up and down.

Let’s hope so. Just a concern really.

There’s been a lot of optimism regards us this season. I’ve not seen much change to feel we are going to be similar. Couple talented youngsters signed but they are for the future.

It’s going to be up and down.
I don’t think it will be up and down
I think it will setlle
Today isn’t much different to last year at Brentford… away against a team we should beat, we’re better than and still didnt get it over the line

Pressing was awful second half, they played through us with ease.

It was very disjointed, I agree. The same problem as last season, where we just cannot cope with a setback. Bentancur should make 2-0, we concede straight after and never looked like winning after that.

it's when your Celtic side annihilate every Scottish Premier League team every week (or thereabouts).
That tells me what happens when a team in a very weak league can massively outspend their rivals. It doesn’t explain how this particular footballing system works successfully in a top league - and I still don’t understand how it is supposed to function.

We are also playing our first game of the seasonn

Without doubt a few rusty and nervous performances. But this is something we carry over from last season. It’s psychological and not having a system everyone is feeling confident and fluid with.

Plenty of positives from the game. Our defending for their goal and our finishing for 10 or so openings were not among them. The backline, lacking a preseason, looked rusty. Need to blow off the cobwebs. In attack, we need more conviction and ruthlessness. Only Poro seems to have a laser like focus on hitting the net.

Its going to be a long hard season watching Angeball. In the end we were lucky not to lose. It will be the same as last season. We will look like world beaters for a few games but any organised side or anyone better than Leicester will beat us. I know its only the first game of the season but does anyone on here think we look any different from the end of last season? I pray I am wrong but have been supporting Spurs for so many years to think any different. If the likes of Arsenal Liverpool Emirates Marketing Project don`t put at least 3 past Leicester I will be amazed.
Rant over!
Thanks lol

Back