• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *

Werner is a clam when we don't play on the break.

Hopefully Odobert can put in some good performance when he gets his chance.

If he can take on players down one side, Bergvall in the middle and someone down the right (or so left Odobert right), we can start to pull teams around.

Without doubt a few rusty and nervous performances. But this is something we carry over from last season. It’s psychological and not having a system everyone is feeling confident and fluid with.

Plenty of positives from the game. Our defending for their goal and our finishing for 10 or so openings were not among them. The backline, lacking a preseason, looked rusty. Need to blow off the cobwebs. In attack, we need more conviction and ruthlessness. Only Poro seems to have a laser like focus on hitting the net.
This team had never played together before tonight and that’s nuts
The way the season starts so soon after players return men’s some players may be rusty

I don’t think it will be up and down
I think it will setlle
Today isn’t much different to last year at Brentford… away against a team we should beat, we’re better than and still didnt get it over the line
Hope so or it’s going to be a long season. Roll on Saturday. Home to a poor Everton side. I expect to see better.

Dominate teams with relenetless pressing and waves of attack, and score when on top to kill a game. The thing we're still lacking is the killer instinct to kill games. Hurt us last season, needs to change quickly.
We had plenty of possession…but I’m not sure we saw waves of attack. And none of that works if you can’t do basic defending.

The way the season starts so soon after players return men’s some players may be rusty

they've been training together for weeks

8 teams in the PL fielded debutants and won over the weekend

Let's hope this was a wake up call to the players and manager to shake things up.
I was watching the game with my son and I had to tell him that Spurs were playing with a high school team mentality. I also called when Leicester would score. Some of the players think they are unstoppable as well. That really needs to change.

How does he shake it up though? Not being smart but I don’t see Ange making any drastic changes tactics-wise.

We talking dropping the likes of Son and Maddison?

It's difficult to see what Postecoglou can do, to be fair.

There's a chance here to do a Poch and start playing just the youngsters, to make a point to the senior pros - Bergvall and Gray both had promising moments, and we have a lot of young players who can be used in that way.

Problem is, when Poch sidelined the older players, they were players from before his time.

But a lot of the present crop of underperformed are either Postecoglou's buys (Maddison, Johnson) or players he likes (Son, Udogie). Plus many aren't even that old. So, not much he can do.

He's made his bed. He has to lie in it. Personally I'm unsurprised we're having the exact same problems we did last season, because they are inherent to his approach - being dogmatic is great in Scotland, Japan and Australia, but up against the best in the world, it falters and ultimately has a ceiling.

I was watching the game with my son and I had to tell him that Spurs were playing with a high school team mentality. I also called when Leicester would score. Some of the players think they are unstoppable as well. That really needs to change.
I’m still stunned by Romero’s defending for that goal. Ball watching would have been bad enough. But he fudging walked past Vardy to leave him free. Madness.

Yet only Solanke was new. In hindsight Kilu may have been better and ease Solake in.

Fuk it. There is plenty to feel optimistic about. But our two core issues remain: we are not clinical in either box. And until we fix these two realities we’re hamstrung. For all the openings we create, we must improve defending our goal and cut the lapses. And slot the ball home ourselves. tonight it was scoring that was the issue. Had we taken a second chance we’d have wrapped that up at a canter you feel.

Here they all come. Straight for the manager. You weren’t complaining about his tactics at half time, were you?

Back