• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *

You don't have endless stamina, regardless of the time of the season. They are not robots.

there is a difference between endless stamina and having 100 minutes of fitness

we used 17 players

it's not an acceptable excuse in game one against a championship side managed by Steve fudging Cooper featuring Jamie fudging vardy

It's difficult to see what Postecoglou can do, to be fair.

There's a chance here to do a Poch and start playing just the youngsters, to make a point to the senior pros - Bergvall and Gray both had promising moments, and we have a lot of young players who can be used in that way.

Problem is, when Poch sidelined the older players, they were players from before his time.

But a lot of the present crop of underperformed are either Postecoglou's buys (Maddison, Johnson) or players he likes (Son, Udogie). Plus many aren't even that old. So, not much he can do.

He's made his bed. He has to lie in it. Personally I'm unsurprised we're having the exact same problems we did last season, because they are inherent to his approach - being dogmatic is great in Scotland, Japan and Australia, but up against the best in the world, it falters and ultimately has a ceiling.

fudge you’re so boringly predictable

He may be our best option there, but I don't think he's a very good winger and would love for him to prove me wrong.
He is good for the last 15-20 minutes when we are not chasing and can go on the counter. I think that should be his role and I agree he does bring something în that situation.

Here they all come. Straight for the manager. You weren’t complaining about his tactics at half time, were you?

My only issue with Ange was how long it took to get the subs on.

He wasn't marking Vardy (or not marking...) or missing the chances.

The play was there, the finishing wasn't today.

there is a difference between endless stamina and having 100 minutes of fitness

we used 17 players

it's not an acceptable excuse in game one against a championship side managed by Steve fudging Cooper featuring Jamie fudging vardy
Not acceptable to miss so much în the first half too, yet here we are. Not acceptable defending from Romero, but here we are. Not acceptable for some players to disappear for 45 minutes but.... Se where I am going with this?

Not having a go…but when can we expect to see it? He’s been here a year now. What you describe I’ve seen in maybe 3 or 4 games that he’s been in charge.

It took Pep, Klopp, Arteta etc 3 years. My prediction (said it on here last week) is we struggle until November and then it clicks.

We’ll see if Spurs fans can hold their brick together until November, or we just rip it up and start again.

He's not changing his tactics, that much is clear.

He's a stubborn as Conte, his absolute right to be, but it will be the end of him
If he's unwilling to change his tactics, at least I hope he's willing to change his personnel. I say start Bergvall, I don't care if he's young. He's obviously one of the best ballers we have, and he's willing to pass fast and play people through. Not dinking around like Maddison 2.0 does a bit too often. It's quite obvious that our "star" players aren't quite doing it at the moment so play the player, not the name.

If he does that and fails, it's ok. It's better than seeing seasoned internationals unable to head a ball towards goal totally unpressured. Generally speaking, of course.

Here they all come. Straight for the manager. You weren’t complaining about his tactics at half time, were you?
First half we were excellent and I’d still give him credit for that. Brilliant in everything but score line. But that second half was unacceptable and many of the same problems are there, plain as day.

As true for City, Arsenal, Liverpool, N ewcastle, Villa as it is for us. They all seemed to cope.
Did they
I didn’t watch any games live and have only seen the highlights but from what I’ve seen and read…
City could have conceded a few chances if Chelsea had half a brain up top
Saudi Sportswashing Machine we’re lucky in the end and Southampton wasteful
Villa… same
Arsenal … I didnt see at all
Pool were being outplayed but hit the goal at the right time

I think what we will see now is what we always see … a massive over reaction to one result

Now people will go it’s the same as last year … when it really isn’t … yet

What does that have to do with anything? It was the same tactics both halves, but as soon as Leicester decided to give it a go we crumbled. Our defending is atrocious and not all is down to his tactics, but he won't change those and doesn't seem inclined to change the players that aren't performing either.

First half we were excellent and I’d still give him credit for that. Brilliant in everything but score line. But that second half was unacceptable and many of the same problems are there, plain as day.

But it’s not a problem if the players do their job and kill the game. THAT is the plan. Fail to do it and we will inevitably find it harder in the second half. That should be pretty fudging obvious in the Premier League.

Son can give us a short stint, but not 89 minutes in the first game of the season, that is foolish.

Note Ange did change formation and go 4-1-4-1 with Gray sitting DM, right at the end. Paul Robinson called it on Optus.

We had plenty of good play, we dominated, we could have scored but players were so accepting of 0-1 at half time... we should have been furious it was 0-1.

It took Pep, Klopp, Arteta etc 3 years. My prediction (said it on here last week) is we struggle until November and then it clicks.

We’ll see if Spurs fans can hold their brick together until November, or we just rip it up and start again.

he's not getting last seasons blow up and three and a half months of struggle, we need to be comfortable top 6 by October or he'll be gone

Back