• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

I would be sad but wish him no ill will after the England team flops once again maybe he can come back to us in a year or two. he is the best manager in my lifetime both in results and style of play

so actually, if its being suggested that Pardew is being successful in organizing a Saudi Sportswashing Machine team of players that he doesnt buy, then id say that makes him a very decent candidate for the England role where basically he will have the same task...working with a pre-determined set of players

makes Sugar's smart ass comment sound even more macaronic

Fair point actually. He hasn't achieved enough to be considered though IMO.

I wouldn't hold it against Redknapp, but I feel Bernstein would need to resign from the FA. You can't poach a manager contracted to one of your member clubs mid-season

So, it all comes back to people thinking that abusing someone, and showing them support has the same effect. "Nothing" we could have done? Like backed him for his achievements you mean?

"Stop raking up the past?" What are you on about?

As for the last line, either respond to what I said or not at all. There is a difference between harbouring doubts, and abusing someone by calling them a theif, and a saggy faced tactically inept c#nt, and constantly calling for their sacking

Calm down, petal.

The number of Spurs fans who post on various Spurs forums actually represents a tiny proportion of the overall fan base. Even more true of those who bother to ring up radio phone in shows. And of those who post on forums and call in to radio shows, only a fraction of them (considerably less than half) are or have been abusive about Harry. Furthermore, I doubt that Harry has ever looked at an internet forum in his life. He can't read after all.

So it seems to me that you're being melodramatic over nothing. For an old school English football man, as Harry indubitably is, the England job has always been the pinnacle. He would have been interested in it regardless of whether or not a section of fans abused him on some obscure corner of the www.

Why do think he lost his rag over the idiots calling Talkbrick?

Despite what some people think, he doesnt just fly from Sandbanks to WHL and is shut off from the rest of the world.

Im not sure what people are'nt listeng to.

I didnt say giving him support all along would have made him stay, but to say it couldnt have made a difference if that amount of people had not spat venom at him over the last three years is ludicrous.

Are people saying that giving players and managers support or abuse doesnt have an effect on their feelings towards their club? You dont know Harry Redknapp. You see the bravado, and the character, and the reputation.

To say you know it wouldnt have helped make his decision is baseless.

fudge me - you're such a fudging martyr aren't you??

Always wanting to point out your preception that you're the fudging best fan ever and we're all pretending.

Wind it in pal - Harry is a clam, a good manager and one I would gladly keep, but if he goes - BOTHERED!

We finished 5th with Jol......Ramos was a fudging mong and the team was never a bottom of the table team.

Harry has done a PROFICIENT job IMO.....nothing more, IN MY OPINION.

If he goes, good luck to him. He'll go for self interest, nothing more nothing less. Not because some Spurs fans slagged him once!

Harry does what's right for Harry - just like he showed when he left Pompey for Saints..........a massive clamS TRICK IMO!

You won't change my mind so don't bother pal. We all have opinions and we are all EQUALLY entitled to them.

You're tiresome attempts at oneupmanship are pathetic.

Love for the club and the badge is what's left, what matters.

Not some fudging mercenary like Modders who would and will fudge us off for a fiver.

Loving the badge is an emotion. As much as I love the club, I accept that the club does not exist without the players, so I have an endearment to them too. The way they behave shapes that.

For example, Lineker, and King will always be legends to me. Berbatov is scum to me. I'll never view Modric in the same way as I used to either, although I appreciate his professionalism and effort since the window shut.

If you believe no one gives a f#ck, and the players dont care and we shouldnt care, then you wouldnt mind a team of Joey Bartons, and El Hadji Dioufs, just so long as they were good enough?

Not me.

I wouldn't hold it against Redknapp, but I feel Bernstein would need to resign from the FA. You can't poach a manager contracted to one of your member clubs mid-season

there is no need to poach him now. However the longer the FA wait to make a decision and finally offer the job to someone the more detrimental it will be to Spurs because of the constant speculation/chitter chatter

if they want Redknapp, offer it now and with the proviso that he takes over at the end of the Premier League season.

fudge me - you're such a fudging martyr aren't you??

Always wanting to point out your preception that you're the fudging best fan ever and we're all pretending.

Wind it in pal - Harry is a clam, a good manager and one I would gladly keep, but if he goes - BOTHERED!

We finished 5th with Jol......Ramos was a fudging mong and the team was never a bottom of the table team.

Harry has done a PROFICIENT job IMO.....nothing more, IN MY OPINION.

If he goes, good luck to him. He'll go for self interest, nothing more nothing less. Not because some Spurs fans slagged him once!

Harry does what's right for Harry - just like he showed when he left Pompey for Saints..........a massive clamS TRICK IMO!

You won't change my mind so don't bother pal. We all have opinions and we are all EQUALLY entitled to them.

You're tiresome attempts at oneupmanship are pathetic.

Awwww, hit a nerve did I :ross:

Calm down, petal.

The number of Spurs fans who post on various Spurs forums actually represents a tiny proportion of the overall fan base. Even more true of those who bother to ring up radio phone in shows. And of those who post on forums and call in to radio shows, only a fraction of them (considerably less than half) are or have been abusive about Harry. Furthermore, I doubt that Harry has ever looked at an internet forum in his life. He can't read after all.

So it seems to me that you're being melodramatic over nothing. For an old school English football man, as Harry indubitably is, the England job has always been the pinnacle. He would have been interested in it regardless of whether or not a section of fans abused him on some obscure corner of the www.

:yawn:

Hoddle's time in charge of the national team was, sometime later, praised by Harry Redknapp who believed him to have been the "perfect man for the job".[9] Hoddle's 60% win rate during his spell as manager is only bettered by Sir Alf Ramsey and Fabio Capello. wiki

Totman your my 2nd fav poster on here (don't be offended :) ) but calm the fudge down!!! We all love Tottenham more than Redknapp and if he goes he goes.

Leeds spur to say he's done a proficient job? What your saying is that with the resources available to him he's done what he should've done right? Gotta say I agree to a certain extent but he's gotta be given massive respect nonetheless.

Totman your my 2nd fav poster on here (don't be offended :) ) but calm the fudge down!!! We all love Tottenham more than Redknapp and if he goes he goes.

Leeds spur to say he's done a proficient job? What your saying is that with the resources available to him he's done what he should've done right? Gotta say I agree to a certain extent but he's gotta be given massive respect nonetheless.

Mate, I make a post, to which at least 6 people have responded to. I get into a debate, and people get offended and start acting like babies, and being abusive, and you tell me to calm down??

If people dont want to read my posts, or dont want me to respond, or find me tiresome etc etc etc etc......then they should not f#cking respond to me. Its idiotic.

Back