• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Funny how people are saying the way we treat him wouldnt make a difference, yet Harry says himself how much the response at Wigan meant to him.

Three years of that couldnt possibly have an effect though?

Do people not remember the "why Harry has to go in plain terms" thread on the old GG just because he had the nerve to only finish 5th last season?

Some Spurs fans have never warmed to him, even now. They're more concerned with the fact that he shoots his mouth off in the press than his actual achievements on the pitch with the club. If Martin Jol had done what Redknapp has achieved and what he might achieve this season, most Spurs fans would be demanding that the club build a statue of him.

No doubt the people who don't like him will be coating him if he does leave this season.

Back on topic, is anyone else getting seriously tinkled off that players such as Ferdinand and Rooney are coming out saying that they want Harry, and that he is the obvious choice? fudge off, imagine how Man Utd fans would feel if Parker came out and said that he wants Ferguson? The players, in my view, should not be trying to 'tap up' for want of a better expression, another club's manager.

i mentioned this yesterday. shame the media are so anti Hoddle

So you mean that he last had a team playing good football nearly ten years ago? BTW that was Hector Cuper's team he did that with!!
Eh? Cuper played boring ass defensive football. Benitez took over and instantly won them the league (twice btw). Benitez has a very good pedigree so let's not make out he's useless or anything.

Back on topic, is anyone else getting seriously tinkled off that players such as Ferdinand and Rooney are coming out saying that they want Harry, and that he is the obvious choice? fudge off, imagine how Man Utd fans would feel if Parker came out and said that he wants Ferguson? The players, in my view, should not be trying to 'tap up' for want of a better expression, another club's manager.

A hundred times this. It's just footballers trying to destabilize us, but it's disrespectful and arrogant nonetheless.

Elvis will be found safe and well on the moon before Hoddle is re-appointed England manager.
His "crime" in talking openly about his belief that disabled people have done something wrong in a past life means that a) some people think he is a crackpot b) parents of disabled children were appalled c) the FA wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
imho the guy is a good manager - if Parker had joined us all those years ago, Glenn's team wouldn't have been so brick in the midfield and history might well have been different. We played some lovely football under Glenn but towards the end we were disastrous.

I think he should start again with a Swindon or Oxford.

Zero hard feelings towards Harry at all if he left, just appreciation for the fact that he's given me the best Spurs side (results wise and playing style wise) that I've seen during my time supporting the club.

If he was leaving us for another club I'd feel let down, but it's England, and although I don't give much of a toss about England myself, I know that 99% of English managers will see it as the ultimate pinnacle of their career. He's well into his 60's now so there's no way I could blame him if England came calling and he said yes, it's probably the only ever chance he'd get to do it.

I really hope he stays with Spurs though. Hopefully the lure of getting to the top of the league with Spurs / having another crack at the Champions League (touch wood) / the absolute brick you get from the media as England manager will put him off taking the job.

If Harry does go, I hope Levy has Guus Hiddink on speed dial. Not currently employed, knows England from his time at Chelsea, great record, and is the kind of name that our bigger star players would respect and see as an appointment to keep the club moving in the right direction.

Lord Sugar @Lord_Sugar

What a laugh Alan Pardew Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager rules himself out of England job. Ha ha who was asking? .some people do overestimate themselves

Yeh Guus Hiddink would be good, but Mourinho would be better. doubt we would get either though, Guus is hired by Abromavich I heard somewhere, probably on here! Mourinho holding out for the Utd job methinks.

Lord Sugar @Lord_Sugar

What a laugh Alan Pardew Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager rules himself out of England job. Ha ha who was asking? .some people do overestimate themselves

stupid comment from Sugar. There are only 3 English managers in the country's top league and Pardew is one of them, and considering the decent job he is doing and the fact the media would ask him his position on the matter, its normal he would have a response ready

You wont find these quotes plastered over the headlines either......to busy reporting Tweets from Rio-oony

"Tottenham have been fantastic to me," Redknapp said from his car today, as he stopped for waiting reporters.

"The fans last week at the Wigan game ... it was incredible the reception they gave me.

"It wouldn't be right for them, (for me) to focus on anything else but Tottenham.

"That's my only interest, is Tottenham Hotspur."

really? in no way derogatory to Pardew? im sure i read you praising Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the job he was doing so far
No I'm sorry you definitely saw me praising Saudi Sportswashing Machine but the bit about me praising the job pardew is doing so far is false. Make no mistake about it though, he's doing a good job but he's not responsible for the signings they have made and I praise their individual players (and none were pardew signings).
The fact that I predicted they'd be high up come the end of the season was my belief that their squad was that good irrespective of who they're managed by.

No I'm sorry you definitely saw me praising Saudi Sportswashing Machine but the bit about me praising the job pardew is doing so far is false. Make no mistake about it though, he's doing a good job but he's not responsible for the signings they have made and I praise their individual players (and none were pardew signings).
The fact that I predicted they'd be high up come the end of the season was my belief that their squad was that good irrespective of who they're managed by.

Agreed. Their scouting team is outstanding, and their head scout, Graham Carr, should take a lot of the responsibility for how well the team's doing. If we ever need to replace Ian Broomfield, I'd love it if we approached Carr. He knows his stuff, evidently.

"It would be different for me and I'd find it very difficult," he said. "I'd get very bored, I would imagine.
"I enjoy the day to day, coming in to work with players, going out on the training pitch every day, seeing the players, being involved every day."
Nevertheless, Redknapp said the England job was "difficult to turn down... for any Englishman".

That reads to me he'd turn it down, but he'd find it difficult doing so? Or was he talking to the NOTW?

He bought Alonso in the first place. And yes, he wanted to replace him with Barry. That was a terrifyingly bad decision. I agree. But which other top-class Liverpool player did he sell? I don't seem to recall any particularly good ones. (Unless you count Crouch and Bellamy as good ones). Benitez was the man who found most of Liverpool's best players. Sure, he sold one. Do I think he'll make that mistake again? Absolutely not. Am I willing to trust him over it if he does come to Spurs? Yes. Why? Because his record is kilometres better than any other manager from the PL at the moment.

Benitez is a unmitigated disaster in the transfer market. He had the makings of a good football team when to took he reins. In a six year tenure of "stability" he bought in excess of 60 football players and spent well in excess of ?ú250m. In the same period we went through countless managers and had better stability.
Even the worlds worst manager would stumble across a couple of good players with those numbers.

Benitez is an awful judge of character. On top of that, he is boring. In fact, CL or no, he is an awful manager for a proper footballing club to have.

not Pardew signings? like who? id say Cabaye and Ba have taken Saudi Sportswashing Machine up a significant level this season, and with the addition of Cisse who knows how high they will finish.

not Pardew signings? like who? id say Cabaye and Ba have taken Saudi Sportswashing Machine up a significant level this season, and with the addition of Cisse who knows how high they will finish.
You do know that pardew doesn't make the signings at Saudi Sportswashing Machine right?

Back