• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Agreed. Their scouting team is outstanding, and their head scout, Graham Carr, should take a lot of the responsibility for how well the team's doing. If we ever need to replace Ian Broomfield, I'd love it if we approached Carr. He knows his stuff, evidently.

the scouts recommend many players, however the manager is the one who has to decide on the final purchases and then has the job of integrating the players

the scouts recommend many players, however the manager is the one who has to decide on the final purchases and then has the job of integrating the players

At Saudi Sportswashing Machine it's a combination of their chief scout and Ashley/Llambas. Pardew's part would be to say: 'I'd like a striker, preferably with these attributes...'

Very similar to our setup.

You know what, the current lot could have done with him going out on the training ground a few years ago and showing them who can really hit a ball. It might have done some egos some good to realise a 50 year old could hit a ball better than them still.

this season, most Spurs fans would be demanding that the club build a statue of him.

No doubt the people who don't like him will be coating him if he does leave this season.

The point is - singing his songs for 3 years would have made ZERO difference in him leaving for England. (not that support wasn't given during that time)

Similar to fans begging Luka to stay - these kind of players are far and few these days. No one gives a fcuk as long as they get paid more than the bloke next to them

Last edited:
no one gives a fukc about us mate. on Sky Sports last night it was as though everyone had forgotten he was under contract at Spurs. It was like 2 hours later when the Sky Sports person said, "remember though, he is under contract at Spurs".

tossers.

This kind of brick makes me want to smash my TV and stop my satellite subscription. Utter, utter brick aimed to brainswash the sheep and create a false reality for the coup d'etait to finally take place and Spurs to get fcuked over and laughed at again.

I don't know how it works on FM but surely Pardew can have a say if the identified targets are suitable or not?

It's fairly obvious if you think of it as a business, rather than how it works on FM. Scouts find targets, Llambas do deals. Pardew has a role when identifying which targets to go for.

so surely he deserves some credit, and the set up you are describing sounds the same as any other football club.

No-one is trying to destabilise us, we just have the most obvious choice. The best English manager at the moment, who has used basically every opportunity in the past few seasons to say how it would be almost impossible for any Englishman to turn down the England job. If he were to come out tomorrow and say he doesn't want it, it would stop the talk dead.

The reason Parker or Lennon don't come out and say Ferguson should do it is because people would laugh. Everyone knows Ferguson wouldn't consider the job for a second. And Wenger, AVB, Daglish and Mancini wouldn't either (or Pardew apparently). So that really just leaves us and Redknapp.

Not so sure there.

If the Scottish or French position became available tomorrow - do genuinely expect thier best players to come our quacking the same flimflam how their managers should be the perfect fit? I think not

Yes, Arry's been hitching skirt but we all knew that day would come in the summer. In the summer, yes but not in the most crucial part of the season! Not to mention the cnuting media's selective reports only choosing titles which suit the Arry to England, fcuk Spurs agenda.

Benitez is a unmitigated disaster in the transfer market. He had the makings of a good football team when to took he reins. In a six year tenure of "stability" he bought in excess of 60 football players and spent well in excess of ?ú250m. In the same period we went through countless managers and had better stability.
Even the worlds worst manager would stumble across a couple of good players with those numbers.

Benitez is an awful judge of character. On top of that, he is boring. In fact, CL or no, he is an awful manager for a proper footballing club to have.

Ouch. If a man with his trophies (and he has won a lot) gets that type of stick, I'd hate to see what kind of abuse the likes of Coyle, Moyes, Rodgers or Lambert will get. Again, he has a net spend of about 70 million in six years. During this period of supposed turbulence, he guided them into the champions league five times in a row, won the FA Cup, got them into another CL final and put together a credible title challenge that ended up with United finishing only four points ahead of them in 08-09. During this time, he bought Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Johnson, Benayoun and Torres, among others. Sure, he may not have had a hundred percent success rate in the market, but he left behind a powerful side, even missing Alonso, when he left in 2010. It was after that that Mascherano, Torres, and Benayoun were all sold, with inadequate replacements at best coming in under first Roy Hodgson and then King Kenny, and that has led to the current Liverpool shambles. Not Benitez.

As for the supposed stability we enjoyed, while we were spending millions on Bentley, Dos Santos, Pav et al, and picking up the Carling Cup, which remains our only major trophy since 1999, Benitez's reign of 'turbulence' has seen him win an FA Cup, bag a CL runners-up medal and spearhead a title challenge. And that's not counting the first CL, which so many people are so obstinate about, claiming that it was Houllier's team. It wasn't. Houllier's team was brick. Half the players were injured and the other half were out of form. Liverpool relied on a few key players to see them through. The likes of Gerrard, Hyypia, Carracgher and....alonso. Who was bought by none other than Rafa Benitez, prior to the beginning of the 04-05 CL campaign that would end in such astounding scenes in Istanbul.

so surely he deserves some credit, and the set up you are describing sounds the same as any other football club.
well no it isn't. Pardew says he wants a striker, pardew says he wants a dm, that's his job in regards to transfer activity. Carr goes out and identifies the targets and lambias then negiotiates the transfer. Llambias
Chooses who leaves and who stays ( which is why houghton was let go as he opposed the Barton and nolan departures). Pardew is a glorified yes man that knows his role.

I don't know, why on earth would Ferdinand, Rooney or the English press care who is going to be the next Scotland or France manager? Who even are they at the moment? Blanc and Mccoist is it? And Ferguson has already managed Scotland.

Redknapp can make it very clear, I will not take the England job. That would stop the media talk and they'd go on to destabilising West Brom's or Saudi Sportswashing Machine's season. But as it is, we're just unlucky in that Capello is a prick, our manager is easily the best English manager at the moment and he clearly sees it as the pinnacle of his career.

For what its worth, I don't think the players should comment but for other reasons. Are there going to be tensions now if they hire someone else? But I don't think this is part of some plot to destabilise us, the players are just braindead and the media are as obsessed with the English job and English NT as ever.

Really? You think that Redknapp would, for the first time in his entire life, stop looking out for Harry Redknapp and turn down a job he wants just to keep fans happy because they didn't disagree with him on some decisions? Preposterous.

Maybe I should send Bale/Modric Valentines cards because that way they won't want to go to Real/Utd?

It strikes me that he doesn't just think about himself and does have some feelings/loyalty towards people and fans but, rightly or wrongly, he does not hang about if he smells stagnation and gets a better offer or trouble (read administration)

This is a can of worms tho as I can see both sides of the coin when it comes to how the clubs he has been involved with have got in debt.

He did turn down Saudi Sportswashing Machine over Portsmouth. You could say well they are about even, one exploding clowns car vs another but a title contending Spurs side with a supportive Chairman vs a poison chalice but high prestige England is a no contest for me, but I'm a Spurs fan. Harry is a football fan.

well no it isn't. Pardew says he wants a striker, pardew says he wants a dm, that's his job in regards to transfer activity. Carr goes out and identifies the targets and lambias then negiotiates the transfer. Llambias
Chooses who leaves and who stays ( which is why houghton was let go as he opposed the Barton and nolan departures). Pardew is a glorified yes man that knows his role.

do you have no proof that Pardew has no say whatsoever in the final names chosen to be bought? because that is essentially what you are saying, that all the right Pardew has is to simply say "I want a striker, i want a defender" etc

so actually, if its being suggested that Pardew is being successful in organizing a Saudi Sportswashing Machine team of players that he doesnt buy, then id say that makes him a very decent candidate for the England role where basically he will have the same task...working with a pre-determined set of players

makes Sugar's smart ass comment sound even more macaronic

I agree there is nothing we can do about it, and no one would be surprised by it. He's made it clear for years that he would take it if offered.

But all this "loyalty means nothing" might be ok with you, but it means something to me.

The day I dont care when a player treats us like sh#t, or a brilliant manager leaves is the day I stop following football. Take out the emotion and whats left?
Nothing as far as Im concerned.

Love for the club and the badge is what's left, what matters.

Not some fudging mercenary like Modders who would and will fudge us off for a fiver.

Love for the club and the badge is what's left, what matters.

Not some fudging mercenary like Modders who would and will fudge us off for a fiver.

I like how footballers are seen as far different to any other kind of job, whilst in fact it is a job.

If you were offered a better job where you would be paid more, would you be likely to take it?

Seems pretty simple to me.

Back