• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

What did you actually offer to the debate? Other than destroying the thread that is?
Be gone? Why, do I make you feel like a bad bad fan? :-({|=

No - I'm a better fan than that you could ever dream of being.

You're so small time it's literally laughable.

Why would I debate with you? Do you bully the departed?

How is he responsible for the carpet-bagging owners? He was the one who brought in Alonso, Reina, Mascherano, Skrtel, Agger, Benayoun, Kuyt, Lucas, Johnson and Torres, all of whom were pivotal players at some point between 2004 and now. The team he inherited had, among others, Djimi Traore, Josemi, Scott Carson and the very often injured Kewell, Cisse and Baros. An inherently unstable nucleus. For four years after Istanbul, though, they grew in confidence, and became one of the most powerful teams in the land based on their outstanding front-line and midfield. Garcia, Alonso(who was bought by Benitez), Gerrard, and Riise versus Alonso, Mascherano, Kuyt, Gerrard and Riera/Benayoun. I know which one I'd choose. Here's a hint; the one with the real torres, the supremely dangerous one, at the tip of the spear. With a solid defense and a great keeper behind it. So I don't see how Benitez single-handedly destroyed Liverpool before leaving with an evil smirk; that, you can rest on the door of Hicks and Gillett.

As for being flukey, I'd rather be flukey once in a while and win the CL than play imperiously but go out to someone like Wisla Krakow or the like in the semi-final.

apologies for the delayed reply, but c'mon man...Benitez tried to get rid of Alonso for...drum roll....Gareth Barry!! I mean seriously wtf? Yes he signed him but you also need to manage your signings effectively. Skrytl, Agga, and Lucas were never really effective under him and only really came to the fore once he was gone. Yes he did make some good signings, but what did he end up achieving with them?

Do people not remember the "why Harry has to go in plain terms" thread on the old GG just because he had the nerve to only finish 5th last season?

Some Spurs fans have never warmed to him, even now. They're more concerned with the fact that he shoots his mouth off in the press than his actual achievements on the pitch with the club. If Martin Jol had done what Redknapp has achieved and what he might achieve this season, most Spurs fans would be demanding that the club build a statue of him.

No doubt the people who don't like him will be coating him if he does leave this season.

=D>

i take it you think 1 cup is enough?

i think any man who takes a consistently underacheiving Spurs side towards but just short of the glory we all dream about, after all this time, that man is no mere mortal. he is a demi-GHod of football

You seem to be jumping on people everytime they write something. You did it with me aswell the other day. You need to keep your cool a bit more and enjoy what the others think. You cant be all the time right.

Like I said, read my posts. I have not abused anyone, or made a personal reference to anyone's personality.

My posts were about Harry Redknapp, and the behaviour IN GENERAL of a section of Spurs fans, and how in my opinion that could have been better.

Nothing to do with right or wrong. Why people are targeting me on a personal level, I have no idea. I think thats against the rules though.

Ouch. If a man with his trophies (and he has won a lot) gets that type of stick, I'd hate to see what kind of abuse the likes of Coyle, Moyes, Rodgers or Lambert will get. Again, he has a net spend of about 70 million in six years. During this period of supposed turbulence, he guided them into the champions league five times in a row, won the FA Cup, got them into another CL final and put together a credible title challenge that ended up with United finishing only four points ahead of them in 08-09. During this time, he bought Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Johnson, Benayoun and Torres, among others. Sure, he may not have had a hundred percent success rate in the market, but he left behind a powerful side, even missing Alonso, when he left in 2010. It was after that that Mascherano, Torres, and Benayoun were all sold, with inadequate replacements at best coming in under first Roy Hodgson and then King Kenny, and that has led to the current Liverpool shambles. Not Benitez.

As for the supposed stability we enjoyed, while we were spending millions on Bentley, Dos Santos, Pav et al, and picking up the Carling Cup, which remains our only major trophy since 1999, Benitez's reign of 'turbulence' has seen him win an FA Cup, bag a CL runners-up medal and spearhead a title challenge. And that's not counting the first CL, which so many people are so obstinate about, claiming that it was Houllier's team. It wasn't. Houllier's team was brick. Half the players were injured and the other half were out of form. Liverpool relied on a few key players to see them through. The likes of Gerrard, Hyypia, Carracgher and....alonso. Who was bought by none other than Rafa Benitez, prior to the beginning of the 04-05 CL campaign that would end in such astounding scenes in Istanbul.

You cant praise the guy for bringing in Alonso without mentioning the idiot forced him out in an attempt to sign Gareth fudging Barry.
Also are Liverpool your second favourite team perchance?

This whole saga is really going to make chairmen think before hiring English managers again. No wonder there are just 3 in the PL. Bearing in mind that the England job is almost guaranteed to come available every 3 years or so due to the impossible standards held by England fans and media, any English manager that is pretty successful at your club will be continually linked to a "dream job that is too good to refuse".

Like I said, read my posts. I have not abused anyone, or made a personal reference to anyone's personality.

My posts were about Harry Redknapp, and the behaviour IN GENERAL of a section of Spurs fans, and how in my opinion that could have been better.

Nothing to do with right or wrong. Why people are targeting me on a personal level, I have no idea. I think thats against the rules though.

Well, there will always be people with different opinions.

Yesterday it was dawson and you called me and possibly others "clueless pricks" which in my book is an insult.

Today its Redknapp...so you just have to accept people will have different opinions.

I Love Harry, hes a legend for me but if one of our fans doesnt like him, then thats his problem.

totman on a wind up(again) and you guys are falling for it

Sometimes I see why Totman goes on one of his mental breakdowns on here. He's argued a fair point and been told he needs to calm down and stop winding people up by about 8 people. It would drive me insane.

Well, there will alway be people with different opinions.

Yesterday it was dawson and you called me and possibly others "clueless pricks" which in my book is an insult.

Today its Redknapp...so you just have to accept people will have different opinions.

I Love Harry, hes a legend for me but if one of our fans doesnt like him, then thats his problem.

You are the typical person who loves to spout the line about opinions.....while blindly slating me for stating mine. Show me where I have said anyone is wrong.

You bring up Dawson???!! As in the guy who told us all to wait and see how poorly he was going to play that night?

I couldnt give a f#ck if someone likes Harry or not. Thats not what the debate was about. I dont even think youve read the discussion to be honest.

Sometimes I see why Totman goes on one of his mental breakdowns on here. He's argued a fair point and been told he needs to calm down and stop winding people up by about 8 people. It would drive me insane.

Thanks, appreciate that.

Its like I state an opinion, but those who disagree see that as me saying "EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG"

WTF

i think any man who takes a consistently underacheiving Spurs side towards but just short of the glory we all dream about, after all this time, that man is no mere mortal. he is a demi-GHod of football

Not sure how much Harry will be able to do for England though, his reputation as a wheeler dealer shows that he likes to buy players, if your in the England job you don't have this opportunity.

He's not the most tactically astute manager, which might lead him to struggle against the bigger teams, your tactics have to be spot on due to the sheer gulf in class of footballers.

Not sure how much Harry will be able to do for England though, his reputation as a wheeler dealer shows that he likes to buy players, if your in the England job you don't have this opportunity.

He's not the most tactically astute manager, which might lead him to struggle against the bigger teams, your tactics have to be spot on due to the sheer gulf in class of footballers.

1) His Spurs teams have bested most in the land, and his teams have tactically outplayed those of Wenger, Ancelotti, Mancini etc at times.
2) He has hardly wheeled and dealed at Spurs, and yet got results.

I completely agree with that second part however few people on here seem to accept it so have given up arguing it. You'll also be dubbed as a Harry-hater if you dare suggest that he's not a tactical guru

Would be truly gutted if Redknapp left us for England, but I wouldn't blame him. He has no spiritual connection to Spurs, and I doubt there are many Managers around who would turn down the opportunity of leading out a major footballing nation to a major tournament. I've always felt that the England job could be done part-time anyway, and I am hoping that Redknapp will be offered it under that capacity. The problem we have is that there aren't exactly many stand out English alternatives.....

Back