• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Transfer Rumours

Back when LVG was being linked we were supposedly scouting young players he wanted. Now he's going to UTD he isn't going to be buying youth prospects as they are funding a spending spree on world class talent, so do people think the likes of Clasie, Klaassen and Blind are still up for grabs??

I doubt that we were scouting anyone on his say so. I think that the press and rumour mill were just speculating based on his nationality/managerial record.

Supposed that Levy is selling the new manager a 4 year rebuilding plan, which of our players should be included in that plan. Mine are

1. Eriksen
2. Benteleb
3. Carroll
4. Walker
5. Lloris
6. Kane
7. Lamela (still believing in him)
8. Vertonghen (if he is willing to stay)

I am willing to depart with the rest of the squad. We need to rebuild the entire team. The current team is good but does not have the capability to take us to the next level IMO.

Supposed that Levy is selling the new manager a 4 year rebuilding plan, which of our players should be included in that plan. Mine are

1. Eriksen
2. Benteleb
3. Carroll
4. Walker
5. Lloris
6. Kane
7. Lamela (still believing in him)
8. Vertonghen (if he is willing to stay)

I am willing to depart with the rest of the squad. We need to rebuild the entire team. The current team is good but does not have the capability to take us to the next level IMO.

No Sandro?

Levy tried the 5 year rebuilding plan with Hoddle, I don't think he's in the mood for selling that.

There will be long term planning, but a lot of that should be down to Baldini, not the new manager/head coach imo. Right now the focus for the new manager should be on putting out as good a team as possible next season because unless we can start matching the ambitions of Eriksen, Walker, Lloris, Lamela and Vertonghen having those names in your 4 year plan does you no good at all - they will be playing their football elsewhere.

Also, in a 4 year plan it's almost impossible for us to talk about the youngsters. I'm guessing you wouldn't have included Bentaleb and Kane on your list 6 months ago?

Depending on what you read, FDB wants to take us on for the long haul and re-make the club from the first team to the youngest youth team. That is something that won't yield success for a few years.

Tottenham are set to move for Queens Park Rangers midfielder Adel Taarabt, according to Football Direct News.

The 24-year-old attacking midfielder is currently on-loan at Clarence Seedorf’s AC Milan, and the Morrocan has impressed at the San Siro.

Taarabt is the subject of interest from an array of top-flight clubs, with Manchester United and Tottenham in pursuit of the Morrocan International.

Taarabt used to ply his trade at Spurs earlier in his career, however he found playing time hard to get, and spent most of his time on-loan at QPR.

The North London club are keen to re-sign the 24-year-old to bolster their midfield options, after summer signings Erik Lamela and Nacer Chadli failed to impress at White Hart Lane.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/tottenham-set-to-move-for-qpr-playmaker/?

:ross:

Silly season has started people. The lad has talent but I don't think he is ever going to deliver on it.

Taraabt?! Lmao. May as well bring the ghetto princess back too.

Hamburg going down - some good players there.

Marcell Jansen worth a look

Not a bad shout. He's a bit of a brawler really but really gets the job done. Also a leader of men which is another in the plus column.

?

He's looked very comfortable on the ball whenever I've seen him. Very efficient passer with a ton of composure. Again, from what I've seen. Which is like 3-4 games + when they played us and I rarely notice opponent players unless they're exceptionally good or **** when we play them.

I remember watching him in the play-off final last year and he looked a real donkey. I've been impressed with him this year though, but once again it all depends on who is our manager

Can anybody that watches the Eredivisie tell me a little something about Dusan Tadic?

25 year old Serbian international, can play on either wing (left footed) and as a striker...? Plays for F.C. Twente, as did Chadli...but Tadic has some very interesting stats.

In his first season in Holland, 2010-2011, he scored 7 goals and had 17! assists, playing for F.C. Groningen.
2011-2012 he scored 7 with 9 assists.
In 2012-2013 he moved to Twente and scored 12 with 13 assists, and this past season he scored 16 goals and had 14 assists.

Where does he play most of the time and could he be a viable squad player/starter for all three forward positions for a low amount of cash? Or is he just another overblown guy from Holland? Everton were reportedly after him in January though.

?

He's looked very comfortable on the ball whenever I've seen him. Very efficient passer with a ton of composure. Again, from what I've seen. Which is like 3-4 games + when they played us and I rarely notice opponent players unless they're exceptionally good or **** when we play them.

Yep, he seems a decent passer. I was more getting at the fact that he likes to get stuck in. I don't really see him as an upgrade on a (fit and firing) Sandro but I do like him.

Back