• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

I couldn't see another thread where this fit, and might be just me, but...

How about Jedinak?

Made more tackles than any other PL player this season (131), 11 more than number two.

The second highest number of tackles per game (3.5). Most is Claudio Yacob at 3.8.

Highest number of interceptions (137), 27 more than number two.

Highest number of interceptions per game (3.7)

Second highest number of fouls (60). Highest are Tiote and Sidwell on 61.

1 goal, 1 assist and 72% pass completion rate. 119 of 202 long balls were accurate.

Would be a downgrade on all our current midfielders though.

Made more tackles than any other PL player this season (131), 11 more than number two.

The second highest number of tackles per game (3.5). Most is Claudio Yacob at 3.8.

1 goal, 1 assist and 72% pass completion rate. 119 of 202 long balls were accurate.

Probably just me... I do end up liking and rating some quaint players at times.

Not saying we should sign him, but I think he would do a good job. :)

Here's an interesting article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...head-Aaron-Ramsey-David-Silva-Mesut-Ozil.html

Basically says that Pablo Hernandez as the best minutes per assist record of any player in the league. Now I'm not saying we are after him or anything like that, but given the talk of how we need a new LWF, this guy could be seen as a cheaper alternative to some of the other names out there.

hes caught the my eye, and that's saying something as swansea's team play doesn't really allow individuals to stand out easily.

really??.....has Sandro done any better?

Mandzukic dropped from the Bayern squad (not just team) ahead of the German cup final against Dortmund today.

He's always looked likely to leave this summer with Lewandowski coming in, looks almost certain now. Some papers linking him to Chelsea, but I still think we could be in with a shout if we want him.

Poch seemed to like at least one strong powerful forward in his team, often preferred Lambert, perhaps someone like Mandzukic could be the right answer?

Mandzukic dropped from the Bayern squad (not just team) ahead of the German cup final against Dortmund today.

He's always looked likely to leave this summer with Lewandowski coming in, looks almost certain now. Some papers linking him to Chelsea, but I still think we could be in with a shout if we want him.

Poch seemed to like at least one strong powerful forward in his team, often preferred Lambert, perhaps someone like Mandzukic could be the right answer?

Neeever gonna happen.

Would have a load of suitors

I keep seeing us linked to players from Ajax and Southampton and can't help but wonder if there is really anything to this stories. If I were a journalist, I could think of nothing easier than to link players from teams of whom we're also looking at the manager.

Problem is though, just looking at the targets we're linked with from Southampton and Ajax, they just don't seem like Levy signings. Sure most of them are young, but they would also demand quite a heavy fee if brought in and that in itself should be a red flag in our eyes. The ones that we could get for a decent fee (mostly at Ajax) don't seem to be sure-bets either like Eriksen and Vertonghen were.

Sure we spent 100m last year but that's only because we had 107m in player sales to spend. I don't think we should expect Levy to change his ways and buy anyone who isn't truly proven for more than 10-12 million this summer. It's just how he operates.

I think we could also see quite a few on here frustrated come the end of the summer by the lack of business done because in my eyes our squad is extremely strong save 2 positions. I expect Levy to look for an upgrade in those two areas and really nothing else except 3-4 current players to be sold on as well.

It's either/both:
- lazy journalism
- agents gaining leverage for their client

I'm convinced the Poch whispers are all his agent trying to get him a better deal at SCBC and more funds to buy and retain players.

I keep seeing us linked to players from Ajax and Southampton and can't help but wonder if there is really anything to this stories. If I were a journalist, I could think of nothing easier than to link players from teams of whom we're also looking at the manager.

Problem is though, just looking at the targets we're linked with from Southampton and Ajax, they just don't seem like Levy signings. Sure most of them are young, but they would also demand quite a heavy fee if brought in and that in itself should be a red flag in our eyes. The ones that we could get for a decent fee (mostly at Ajax) don't seem to be sure-bets either like Eriksen and Vertonghen were.

Sure we spent 100m last year but that's only because we had 107m in player sales to spend. I don't think we should expect Levy to change his ways and buy anyone who isn't truly proven for more than 10-12 million this summer. It's just how he operates.

I think we could also see quite a few on here frustrated come the end of the summer by the lack of business done because in my eyes our squad is extremely strong save 2 positions. I expect Levy to look for an upgrade in those two areas and really nothing else except 3-4 current players to be sold on as well.

I want us to go out and spend 40m on two CBs.

I think we need a change, clear out Kaboul and Vertonghen. Bring in Garay and Lovren, Daws as #3 I can live with and helps English contingent.. #4 CB should be upcoming academy or bought in youngster, watched Gomez yesterday (on Chich advice) for England and he looked a raw talent which definitely should be looked into, probably prefer someone 3-5 years more developed.. Jamaal Lascelles maybe.

Just don't trust either Kaboul and Vertonghen.

I want us to go out and spend 40m on two CBs.

I think we need a change, clear out Kaboul and Vertonghen. Bring in Garay and Lovren, Daws as #3 I can live with and helps English contingent.. #4 CB should be upcoming academy or bought in youngster, watched Gomez yesterday (on Chich advice) for England and he looked a raw talent which definitely should be looked into, probably prefer someone 3-5 years more developed.. Jamaal Lascelles maybe.

Just don't trust either Kaboul and Vertonghen.

Every summer for the past few years I've been a broken record on the subject of centre-backs. Fact is, with European football, we need more than four of them. There has not been a single year out of the past four or five that we didn't have at least two CBs injured simultaneously. In fact, we've often had three out at once - which is why I can't recall a season in recent memory where we didn't play several matches with a midfielder at CB.

If we are serious about pushing towards a title challenge then we need three top class CBs plus someone like Dawson, plus a youngster. Any less and we will drop points during those games where we're playing Naughton, Dawson, Capoue and Fryers across the back. Again.

It's either/both:
- lazy journalism
- agents gaining leverage for their client

I'm convinced the Poch whispers are all his agent trying to get him a better deal at SCBC and more funds to buy and retain players.

What do you base that on?

Some of the (to me) more trustworthy journalists like Stobart and Di Marzio have been reporting that he's wanted by us, not usually journalists that just repeats what's been written elsewhere.

Poch also made it pretty clear that a lot of his loyalty to Southampton was because of the now gone chairman Cortese. He even threatened to quick if Cortese was sacked at one point.

Every summer for the past few years I've been a broken record on the subject of centre-backs. Fact is, with European football, we need more than four of them. There has not been a single year out of the past four or five that we didn't have at least two CBs injured simultaneously. In fact, we've often had three out at once - which is why I can't recall a season in recent memory where we didn't play several matches with a midfielder at CB.

If we are serious about pushing towards a title challenge then we need three top class CBs plus someone like Dawson, plus a youngster. Any less and we will drop points during those games where we're playing Naughton, Dawson, Capoue and Fryers across the back. Again.

Other clubs seem to be doing fine with that amount of centre backs though. Perhaps we just have to stop trusting injury prone centre backs to regain full fitness.

I'm not saying we don't need to have a serious look at our CB options for next season but four can easily be enough. It's easy to explain why we've often had injuries is the past.....Gallas, King, Woodgate, Younes......men with broken bodies.

Can anybody that watches the Eredivisie tell me a little something about Dusan Tadic?

25 year old Serbian international, can play on either wing (left footed) and as a striker...? Plays for F.C. Twente, as did Chadli...but Tadic has some very interesting stats.

In his first season in Holland, 2010-2011, he scored 7 goals and had 17! assists, playing for F.C. Groningen.
2011-2012 he scored 7 with 9 assists.
In 2012-2013 he moved to Twente and scored 12 with 13 assists, and this past season he scored 16 goals and had 14 assists.

Where does he play most of the time and could he be a viable squad player/starter for all three forward positions for a low amount of cash? Or is he just another overblown guy from Holland? Everton were reportedly after him in January though.

Linked to AC Milan at the moment but they apparently can't afford the ten million euro fee.

Good player. Has all the skill in the world and has outgrown the league. Tadic = Twente

Tadic plays on the right in a 433 system but can also play as a number ten. He's more mobile than Ruiz. That's for sure. I think he's worth a gamble if you look at what we got: an average Lennon and a blind Townsend.

Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord players actually usually become stars abroad, but it's Twente that has made the Eredivisie look bad with Arnautovic (at werder and inter), Elia (whereever), Ruiz and Luuk de Jong. Only Tiote has done well from them.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even class Tiote as a success. Every time I see him play he spends most of the time standing there ball watching. Totally reactive player and the game often passes him by IMO.

Linked to AC Milan at the moment but they apparently can't afford the ten million euro fee.

Good player. Has all the skill in the world and has outgrown the league. Tadic = Twente

Tadic plays on the right in a 433 system but can also play as a number ten. He's more mobile than Ruiz. That's for sure. I think he's worth a gamble if you look at what we got: an average Lennon and a blind Townsend.

Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord players actually usually become stars abroad, but it's Twente that has made the Eredivisie look bad with Arnautovic (at werder and inter), Elia (whereever), Ruiz and Luuk de Jong. Only Tiote has done well from them.

The problem with all this is that from the above he sounds a bit like Chadli (but can play on the right or central rather than left or central like Chadli) and while Chadli showed towards the end of the season that he can be a reasonable squad player for us, I don't think we can be spending 10 million on squad players.

Back