• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Next Spurs Manager v.2

Thanks. How would this fit in with the squad limit (I cannot remember whether we have any spare spaces this season)?

Based on what I said, we would be -1 on this seasons squad although I would reintegrate Livermore for Capoue so same numbers as now.

Re: Transfer Rumours

I think there are areas we need to improve on ahead of the forward line, like in defence.

Agreed. To be fair as Rossi said this is most likely a system thing, and needs to be worked on religiously in training. It may well not need a personnel change.

However, part of the problem has been how injury prone the players have been. No consistency with the back four.

For me, the only major work needed on the squad is in defence.

Upfront Kane looks like he is going to be a good Premiership striker with an eye for goal, so keep him, I think you always need these "grew up with the club" players in and around the team, even if they're not top quality. its what Fergie had in his teams, he always mixed a few Phil Nevilles, Nicky Butts, John O'Sheas and Tom Cleverleys in and amongst the top class players.

Kane can definitely do us a job. I'd say keep him and then see what manager comes in and what style he wants to play, then for me you probably keep Ade and if Soldado can't be redeemed (I think he needs a very particular style of play to thrive), then sell and get an Ade mk 2 and for me forward positions are ok, even if you play two upfront as Shaq Coulhirst can cover.

Midfield we are completely overloaded with loads of players.

Defence just needs butchering on the other hand! We need to be brutal!

It needs organising and coaching more than it needs butchering.

Holtby will hopefully have a big part to play when our new manager comes in. Has been very good on loan for Fulham. He is young and is improving. Really do see him being more than some people realise. Could be our creative player in the middle. Also very versatile. Can play anywhere in the midfield.

I think there are areas we need to improve on ahead of the forward line, like in defence.

Depends on if we trust Ade to perform and if we think Soldado will improve enough. Big question marks about both of those and if we get some solid bids in I could see either or even both leaving...

It's a shame no one remembers when we were racking up the clean sheets then, it was half a season ago though so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Maybe our defenders have just lost all ability to defend in that time, that's the only possible explanation. We best go buy some new ones.

I remember all the clean sheets very well and I didn't get carried away with them and think our defence was suddenly title winning in ability. We kept those clean sheets by being very difficult at times to break down as a team, not because the defence was so great. In doing that we sacrificed our ability to attack to any level of competency against anyone half decent and the viewing was turgid........just as it was for much of last season although at least then we had Bale and that sparked off other players at times to get into the entertaining mood.

If you don't think that our backline needs some sort of work in terms of departures and incomings and by that I mean across the whole of the defenders in the squad then I don't know what Tottenham you have been watching and what you really think the problem is. Clearly, at least 3 of our defenders are nowhere near good enough to play regularly or even semi regularly in a couple of cases for the club and another defender whether you want to debate the fact or not, looks like he wants out which is not conducive to having a steady and settled backline.

Therefore, we best go buy some new ones, to quote yourself, if we wish to actually have a chance of not regressing further next season.

I remember all the clean sheets very well and I didn't get carried away with them and think our defence was suddenly title winning in ability. We kept those clean sheets by being very difficult at times to break down as a team, not because the defence was so great. In doing that we sacrificed our ability to attack to any level of competency against anyone half decent and the viewing was turgid........just as it was for much of last season although at least then we had Bale and that sparked off other players at times to get into the entertaining mood.

If you don't think that our backline needs some sort of work in terms of departures and incomings and by that I mean across the whole of the defenders in the squad then I don't know what Tottenham you have been watching and what you really think the problem is. Clearly, at least 3 of our defenders are nowhere near good enough to play regularly or even semi regularly in a couple of cases for the club and another defender whether you want to debate the fact or not, looks like he wants out which is not conducive to having a steady and settled backline.

Therefore, we best go buy some new ones, to quote yourself, if we wish to actually have a chance of not regressing further next season.

I agree and I think our goal difference illustrates this point quite well.

I agree and I think our goal difference illustrates this point quite well.

I'm glad that someone sees that as well. People dress up these clean sheets like it was massive achievement - clean sheets against Tromso, Tblisi, Swansea, Cardiff, Norwich, Palace, Hull, Anzhi and Villa - Games where you would expect an alleged top side to rarely concede against those teams, not that we didnt have massive amounts of luck getting the clean sheets and wins in some of those games like Hull, Palace and Swansea. Those clean sheets counted for sweet fa when you look at all the goals we then conceded against anyone near us in the table.

We need to tighten up the defence in terms of personnel and in terms of structure and shape and I don't deny that the forwards need to score a few more too but they can only do that when the team start moving the ball more quickly and commiting to attacking without worrying if the backdoor has been left not just unlocked but wide bloody open by the ineptness we have seen from individuals this season.

Ignore me, I just don't like Vlad bashing.

Speaking of Vlad, am I the only one thinking that he would actually be one of the first players out the door come the summer if Sherwood defies the odds and keeps his job?

FBs are the big problem, both Naughton/Rose should be upgraded on and under TS, both overcommit forward leaving the CBs exposed and often isolated 1:1, a problem only highlighted by a lack of players in midfield with defensive inclinations.

A fit Walker, a new LB (spend some money here), and a midfield that regardless of if it has a DM or not can provide some shielding for the back 4, and we are ok.

We also need to get rid of 3-4 midfielders and create a more balanced midfield (hopefully Lamela as option on right), we need a creative midfielder to play next to Eriksen and possibly a pacy wide left player.

Same team when fully fit, +new LB, +new Creative midfielder +couple of new options on bench.

Speaking of Vlad, am I the only one thinking that he would actually be one of the first players out the door come the summer if Sherwood defies the odds and keeps his job?

IF Sherwood stays then it's bye bye vlad for sure.

I think Vlad has an awful lot of faults. He keeps getting caught with the same exact ball again and again AND his positioning is generally poor. Saying that, he's good in possession and has the raw ingredients needed to be a v.good CB. He's certainly not a lost cause like Invisibilinho and Nogoaldado that's for sure.

I think so too. Along with Capoue, Holtby, Soldado ... maybe Vertonghen, Sandro and Lamela as well.

IF Sherwood stays then it's bye bye vlad for sure.

I think Vlad has an awful lot of faults. He keeps getting caught with the same exact ball again and again AND his positioning is generally poor. Saying that, he's good in possession and has the raw ingredients needed to be a v.good CB. He's certainly not a lost cause like Invisibilinho and Nogoaldado that's for sure.

He seems to be worse in those aspects since he came back from injury tbh. Maybe a full pre season and a chance to bed in will cure some of those concetration type faults because as you say, he does have a lot of raw qualities that could help him be a very good CB and bringing the ball out from the back is certainly one of them.

Back when LVG was being linked we were supposedly scouting young players he wanted. Now he's going to UTD he isn't going to be buying youth prospects as they are funding a spending spree on world class talent, so do people think the likes of Clasie, Klaassen and Blind are still up for grabs??

Back