• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain have had 75% possession and yet haven’t had a shot on goal. They can be great to watch but they can also be quite boring when they dominate possession but don’t actually shoot or create chances.

Thank GHod for that! Might be a game worth watching now. Harsh in one sense but the ball struck a high, out-stretched arm. Very very giveable. All of a sudden Spain might find this hard going...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He played for 25 mins out of 120 IIRC. That’s essentially like crediting John Terry for winning the CL final in 2012.

Or perhaps a more appropriate comparison could be giving Sissoko credit for being on the pitch for 15 minutes at the end of the game we were already winning before he came on.

Ok... Portugal are brick without Ronaldo bringing them to a reasonable level . They don’t have any other player of any decent standing in world football to help him

Argentina have plenty of class players but still can’t win anything even with Messi at the helm

So one player IMO makes his team better and the other hasn’t yet

Not sure if serious? One of the most obvious penalties I've seen.

Handball has to be intentional, how can you intentionally handle the ball if you can’t even see it.

I fully accept he’s attempting to exploit a loophole in the wording of the laws, but that loophole is there.

So people are trying to tell me, that had that donkey higuain put away one of his glorious chances in the world Cup final four years ago, Argentina kept a clean sheet instead of conceding that one lousy goal - messi would be the greatest ever? That's essentially what people are saying, and it's a fudging ridiculous argument.

Handball has to be intentional, how can you intentionally handle the ball if you can’t even see it.

I fully accept he’s attempting to exploit a loophole in the wording of the laws, but that loophole is there.

Having his arm in that position overrules that and essentially means it was intentional though. It's not natural to jump with your arm like that, and it clearly blocked a shot on target.

This is where the written rule is clearly brick. No other foul has to be intentional, it just needs to disadvantage the opposition / give an advantage to your side.

Having his arm in that position overrules that and essentially means it was intentional though. It's not natural to jump with your arm like that, and it clearly blocked a shot on target.

This is where the written rule is clearly brick. No other foul has to be intentional, it just needs to disadvantage the opposition / give an advantage to your side.

If the arm is connected to the body it’s a natural position.

The law may well be an ass, but that’s the one the officials should enforce. I’m all for it being fixed.

This is like watching AVB’s sides, albeit a more successful version. Totally dominate possession but never really threaten, have no plan B, play the same way every game and rigidly stick to it no matter how the game is going. Painful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back