• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

I agree - the guy is my first choice attainable and proven striker. Funnyily enough I think Harry would have sorted him out. I think Torres would be a good purchase and he would link up well with Bale, Lennon et al

Dude - i kinda have you down as one of Ade's biggest detractors or more one of the posters that are most willing to get him off out of here, yet here you are saying your FIRST CHOICE to replace him is Torres - a player that has been through 3 seasons similar to that of Adebayor, i find that quite interesting i have to say :)

The Daily Star said last night that Real Madrid were lining up a proposal for Tottenham Hotspur which would see Luka Modric returning to the Premier League club. The deal sounded financially good for Spurs, with £30m being added to the Croatian but it just didn't sound wholly realistic.

Even if Tottenham wanted Modric back, and after last summer they may not, it's still hard to imagine that he'd be happy to return with his tail between his legs. Modric hasn't had a good season in Spain and has been roundly declared a flop but he'll be determined to prove that wrong and certainly wouldn't want to go back to Spurs as something of a failure.

In Spain there's another Tottenham story brewing. Today's copy of Sport newspaper has a feature on Gonzalo Higuain in which they claim he wants to go to London this summer. His long term girlfriend has a new job with the BBC which is in the city and is expecting the couple's first child, Sport say they have decided to set up home in the English capital and that he wants to find a team there this summer. They go as far as to claim he's been looking at property and visited the city two weeks ago. It sounds like it has more to it than most transfer rumours, given the job and relationship connection.

They discount Chelsea because everyone in Spain assumes the Falcao deal to be already done, and they say that Arsenal wouldn't pay the transfer fee, but they reckon that a deal could be sorted out with Daniel Levy and inevitably name Gareth Bale. If Spurs are to lose the Welshman then getting Higuain as part of the deal doesn't sound such a bad idea. The club need a top class striker and Higuain has shown he can justify that tag, but has suffered with the rotation at Real Madrid. Despite seeming like he's been around forever, he's still only 25 and so has much of his career ahead of him.

This sounds like an interesting rumour with some decent foundations, certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Higuian would be ideal [-o<

I don't know why, but I just don't see Bale going this summer, no real reason other than just a feeling. Sounds wishy washy but he seems happy here, I don't think he'll be in any hurry to leave.

A friend reckons he'll go to City but I just don't see any legs in that at all, I think he'd only be interested in Barca / Real / Utd

The Daily Star said last night that Real Madrid were lining up a proposal for Tottenham Hotspur which would see Luka Modric returning to the Premier League club. The deal sounded financially good for Spurs, with £30m being added to the Croatian but it just didn't sound wholly realistic.

Even if Tottenham wanted Modric back, and after last summer they may not, it's still hard to imagine that he'd be happy to return with his tail between his legs. Modric hasn't had a good season in Spain and has been roundly declared a flop but he'll be determined to prove that wrong and certainly wouldn't want to go back to Spurs as something of a failure.

In Spain there's another Tottenham story brewing. Today's copy of Sport newspaper has a feature on Gonzalo Higuain in which they claim he wants to go to London this summer. His long term girlfriend has a new job with the BBC which is in the city and is expecting the couple's first child, Sport say they have decided to set up home in the English capital and that he wants to find a team there this summer. They go as far as to claim he's been looking at property and visited the city two weeks ago. It sounds like it has more to it than most transfer rumours, given the job and relationship connection.

They discount Chelsea because everyone in Spain assumes the Falcao deal to be already done, and they say that Arsenal wouldn't pay the transfer fee, but they reckon that a deal could be sorted out with Daniel Levy and inevitably name Gareth Bale. If Spurs are to lose the Welshman then getting Higuain as part of the deal doesn't sound such a bad idea. The club need a top class striker and Higuain has shown he can justify that tag, but has suffered with the rotation at Real Madrid. Despite seeming like he's been around forever, he's still only 25 and so has much of his career ahead of him.

This sounds like an interesting rumour with some decent foundations, certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Higuian would be ideal [-o<

Keep up, mate.

You're only 13 posts and 14 hours late with this. ;)

Draxler looks pretty good too. Schalke have a 17yr old called Max Meyer who's supposed to have massive potential as well. Basically we need to shop in for Germans and Belgians.

Draxler looks pretty good too. Schalke have a 17yr old called Max Meyer who's supposed to have massive potential as well. Basically we need to shop in for Germans and Belgians.

I think Schalke will keep Draxler for another year at least - they wouldn't let both him and Holtby go in such quick succession.

It's good that with our coaching staff we now have connections to the German, Portugese and South Amercian markets (especially at a time when the English and French markets are not very fruitful). Verts and Dembele should be a helpful draw if there's any promising Belgians coming through anywhere.

I still think we need to replace our 'old boys' transfer committee with a DoF more in tune with AVB and Freund, but I'm excited about the type of players our coaches will be looking to bring in.

Just extended his contract with Ajax, and needs to develop further before playing in a top league.

Like Bale needed development when we signed him, we'll probably never be in a position where we can buy a Gareth Bale at his peak.
The way for Spurs to get players like Bale, Modric, Berbatov and Fischer is to sign them at an early stage when other clubs are uncertain it's worth to spend big money,
and obviously before the players are proven to be worth even more money.

Dude - i kinda have you down as one of Ade's biggest detractors or more one of the posters that are most willing to get him off out of here, yet here you are saying your FIRST CHOICE to replace him is Torres - a player that has been through 3 seasons similar to that of Adebayor, i find that quite interesting i have to say :)

I am not Ades biggest detractor im just hating his lack of effort and it is evident to see. Like I say I dont mind if a player is brick yet puts in a shift - I respect that. I dont respect players who show no fight etc and it has been evident that Ade is not doing that.

On the main point - Torres is a much much better finisher than Ade although Ades all round game is better. However I think what we need is a goal threat someone who will score goals and I think Torres still has that. He just needs something.

Like Bale needed development when we signed him, we'll probably never be in a position where we can buy a Gareth Bale at his peak.
The way for Spurs to get players like Bale, Modric, Berbatov and Fischer is to sign them at an early stage when other clubs are uncertain it's worth to spend big money,
and obviously before the players are proven to be worth even more money.

But Fischer is not leaving Ajax this summer, and is way too raw to be a Bale replacement right now anyway wich was my point.

What's the different between 3rd and 4th (from his or Levy's eyes)? A qualifying round isn't going to make that much difference.

3rd guarantees our entry into the competition, and if we're looking to buy some top quality players it will save us having to do our business at the end of august after the play offs.

Jovetic is my first choice striker but we will never get him. :( I think he is slightly more possible than Higuain though. :lol:

If we're talking affordable, I think Freiburg's Kruse is having an impressive season; you could say the same for Kiebling, who is kinda like Soldado in terms of being a very solid goalscorer who's not in the top tier glamour-wise. In terms of playmaker I absolutely love love LOVE Julian Draxler and his ballerina-esque first touch, but there's no way in hell Schalke would sell him this summer except for oilbucks kinda money.

Unfortunately we don't make much profit in the CL after taking bonuses into account - we're not going to suddenly have 30m more to spend this window if we finish 3rd. But the important thing about the CL is that it makes us more attractive to players, so ideally we can spend the wages on one A-list player rather than make do with two B-listers that "deepen" our squad but not necessarily the first XI (eg. Hazard rather than Siggy + Dempsey). We will have money coming in from the new TV deal, so it's critical to be attractive as possible this summer to nail down our first choices for the coming years.

Pierre Eric Aubameyang - Striker
Leo Baptistao - Striker competiton
Manolo Gabbiadini - Future superstar striker
Eric Lamela - Lennon/Bale competiton
Zhano Ananidze - Future Modric
Kurt Zouma - Beast
Terry Kongolo - Beast
Mario Fernandes - Replace Walker

All players that could improve us now or eventually..

Back