• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Leandro is vastly overrated on here. I would compare his style and pace with Dzeko but he is no where near the same level.

Dzeko is the best option for us and I'm confident that Levy will get him this summer.

The problem I can see with wanting a player from the likes of City(Dzeko) or Chelsea (Lukaku) is invariably any deal from their end is going to involve Bale going the other way

I can't remember where I read it (or heard it) but I read somewhere that Dzeko to Borussia Dortmund this summer was as good as a done deal

The problem I can see with wanting a player from the likes of City(Dzeko) or Chelsea (Lukaku) is invariably any deal from their end is going to involve Bale going the other way

I don't see why that should be.

If City have a player who is surplus to requirements and if Spurs are the only team prepared to meet their (and the player's) demands, then City will sell - so long as they don't believe that they would be strengthening us too much.

I don't believe that a deal for Bale to another English club would ever be on the table. If City tried to make that a condition of sale for any of their players, then Levy would just walk away.

A rumour that I like:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...ottenham-is-likeliest-destination-for-higuain

Spanish press say Tottenham is likeliest destination for Higuain

In Spain there's another Tottenham story brewing. Today's copy of Sport newspaper has a feature on Gonzalo Higuain in which they claim he wants to go to London this summer. His long term girlfriend has a new job with the BBC which is in the city and is expecting the couple's first child, Sport say they have decided to set up home in the English capital and that he wants to find a team there this summer. They go as far as to claim he's been looking at property and visited the city two weeks ago. It sounds like it has more to it than most transfer rumours, given the job and relationship connection.

They discount Chelsea because everyone in Spain assumes the Falcao deal to be already done, and they say that Arsenal wouldn't pay the transfer fee, but they reckon that a deal could be sorted out with Daniel Levy and inevitably name Gareth Bale. If Spurs are to lose the Welshman then getting Higuain as part of the deal doesn't sound such a bad idea. The club need a top class striker and Higuain has shown he can justify that tag, but has suffered with the rotation at Real Madrid. Despite seeming like he's been around forever, he's still only 25 and so has much of his career ahead of him.

Chelsea are prepared to sell Fernando Torres for £15m, only two years after signing the Spaniard, 28, in a £50m deal from Liverpool

Full story: Express

Hypothetically speaking :D

Would you? Think AVB at Chelsea and his success - now think Torres and a family friendly team...

I wouldn't let him cut his hair though! it all went downhill once that happened (think Samson)

:lol:

actually think we'd be Torres' best chance to regain his form - if it isn't already too far lost

I don't see why that should be.

If City have a player who is surplus to requirements and if Spurs are the only team prepared to meet their (and the player's) demands, then City will sell - so long as they don't believe that they would be strengthening us too much.

I don't believe that a deal for Bale to another English club would ever be on the table. If City tried to make that a condition of sale for any of their players, then Levy would just walk away.

I've heard it said a few times that us and City are quite pal-ly at board level. I think they'd be a lot more respectful about us than United and Chelsea anyway.

I do think though that City might start viewing us as rivals again now, in a way we were haven't been for a few years, so I don't think they'd been keen to give us Dzeko.

lol, this morning it was Modric and 30m

1+1=3

Hasn't the BBC moved to Manchester.

That was my first thought too.

Torres will never be what he once was. He seems to have checked out mentally, like he doesn't care any more, but I also suspect it's impossible on a physical level. Benitez ran him well and truly into the ground at Liverpool.

AVB was not able to get Torres going at Chelsea. If he can't come back to form under Benitez, he certainly needs to look at a drastic a change of scene - perhaps too much baggage to continue in England?

Prefer Dzeko to Damiao if they are priced the same.

Hypothetically speaking :D

Would you? Think AVB at Chelsea and his success - now think Torres and a family friendly team...

I wouldn't let him cut his hair though! it all went downhill once that happened (think Samson)

I actually would. Deep down I think he still has it, he needs a new challenge thats for sure. Not going to happen though.Chelsea wont sell to us

I actually would. Deep down I think he still has it, he needs a new challenge thats for sure. Not going to happen though.Chelsea wont sell to us

I agree - the guy is my first choice attainable and proven striker. Funnyily enough I think Harry would have sorted him out. I think Torres would be a good purchase and he would link up well with Bale, Lennon et al

Back