• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wesley Sneider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. What's he done since Inter's CL win and the 2010 World Cup anyway?

He was the only Holland player that performed anywhere near the standard you'd expect at Euro 2012.

Make no mistake, the guy is a world class playmaker, on a completely different planet to anyone we have at the club

Of course there can. He has been injured a bit this season and now left out due to the contract dispute. Inter fans themselves think he's overrated, especially in England. As a player type he is very greedy. Sure he scores the odd free kick or long range screamer, but he wastes a lot of opportunities as well. When a player hasn't shown form for over two years you should be wary of putting him on a big contract.

I honestly had to read this twice... We are looking down on Wesley Sneijder now, are we? And who exactly can we find better who can fill in the no 10 position that could transform us into champion contenders?

Yes, I do not want Wesley Sneijder for various reasons I've mentioned before. There are more than enough other players out there. How do you think every other club gets by without him? And why are Inter so keen to get rid?

Yes, I do not want Wesley Sneijder for various reasons I've mentioned before. There are more than enough other players out there. How do you think every other club gets by without him? And why are Inter so keen to get rid?

Ok - then pray enlighten us about the genuinely world class no 10's that seem to be all "out there" and who we can realistically get....

I also don't believe it's an issue of us needing to sign a number 10 or if we did, it would have to be a recognized world class one. It's about building a squad and a team that works well together. IMO Sneijder doesn't fit in with that.

How do you think every other club gets by without all the other good players out there? That's a bit of a non-argument.

Inter are getting rid because they want to cut their wage budget, that has been made pretty clear.

If we can get another good deal he could be a better version of the VdV signing imo (apart from the wages).

How do you think every other club gets by without all the other good players out there? That's a bit of a non-argument.

Inter are getting rid because they want to cut their wage budget, that has been made pretty clear.

If we can get another good deal he could be a better version of the VdV signing imo (apart from the wages).

It's just as useful as saying we have to sign Sneijder because I can't name someone else as good as him that we can get. I don't think we need Sneijder or even that type of player.

I can add that I've never been a fan of marquee signings, I do not believe in making statements through signings, I've never advocated the need to spend big etc. I do believe in building long term and signing players that want to come here for the right reasons.

I also don't believe it's an issue of us needing to sign a number 10 or if we did, it would have to be a recognized world class one. It's about building a squad and a team that works well together. IMO Sneijder doesn't fit in with that.

How so?

He's a top class #10 - all round winner - I'm sure he can offer more than Sigurdsson in that position or even Dempsey

Last edited:

You honestly crack me up. You're either an attention seeking wum, or stupid.

He was the only Holland player that performed anywhere near the standard you'd expect at Euro 2012.

Make no mistake, the guy is a world class playmaker, on a completely different planet to anyone we have at the club

Absolutely this

:ross:

talking to galatasaray.....strange decision...

Inter are talking with Galatasary.

Not Sneijder. At least, not yet.

I can't believe that he would choose to move to Turkey. Would be career suicide. A total waste.

Probably just publicity seeking / currying favour with the fans on the part of the Galatasaray president. I'd be very surprised if Sneijder doesn't move to one of the top leagues, if he moves anywhere.

Sky Italia reports deal done with Galarasaray. Sneijder's agent knows nothing. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go somewhere like that, but don't think they can afford him and it's just posturing for their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back