• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wesley Sneider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aulas has always been a bit of a loudmouth.

I suspect that his interpretation of events differs greatly from Levy's. But our chairman, by contrast, isn't prone to publicity seeking.

And Lyon still did the deal. So it couldn't have been all bad.

Last edited:
All a bit vague, innit? The only thing you get "in writing" is the contract. I suspect this went along the lines of
Them"We want £12m"
Us "We are interested at £12m" Silence
Them "What about the £12m?"
Us "Don't you mean £6m?"
Etc
But I may be wrong and Levy might be a rotter. Just guessing.

Or Aulas was just telling porkies so as not to lose favour with the Lyon supporters.

As I said, I suspect that Levy's version of events would be very different to Aulas'. But we'll never know since he's not one to shoot his mouth off.

don't think anyone would expect the transfers of the modern football professional to be easy any longer - think about taxes, immigration, sponsorship rights, agents, shared ownership of rights etc. that are intricately tied between player and club.

Aulas is just making "noise"- either that or he is just exposing himself to be a very naive executive of a major sporting organization.

So Palmeri has now been saying Liverpool have made contact re Sneijder. Can't see us getting him! Not cos of pool but just

So Palmeri has now been saying Liverpool have made contact re Sneijder. Can't see us getting him! Not cos of pool but just

Blimey,, everytime we think about a player liverpool suddenly decide to follow us...

little do they know that he is only a decoy ..an far too old.he he..he

who were really after is ........ ..........

Blimey,, everytime we think about a player liverpool suddenly decide to follow us...

little do they know that he is only a decoy ..an far too old.he he..he

who were really after is ........ ..........

Funny that you should say that.

I keep seeing Liverpool fans preposterously complaining that we're always after players that they show an interest in and moaning that we ought to do our own scouting rather than piggy backing on theirs. It hasn't occurred to them that we're just two clubs at a similar level, with similar resources, interested in many of the same players - all of whom will be known to scouts and coaching staff of both clubs.

I keep seeing Liverpool fans preposterously complaining that we're always after players that they show an interest in and moaning that we ought to do our own scouting rather than piggy backing on theirs. It hasn't occurred to them that we're just two clubs at a similar level, with similar resources, interested in many of the same players - all of whom will be known to scouts and coaching staff of both clubs.

But Liverpool are the biggest club in the world so obviously we're copying them, who would not want to be like them in every single way?

Apparently. Don't see how they could possibly hope to land Sneijder if they're worried about Agger and Gerrard staying.

Asked if he risks losing his best player if he fails to demonstrate that Liverpool can be a top-four team again, Rodgers told the Mail on Sunday: "That is something that you can never tell.

"The players need to feel there is hope.

"I don't want people who don't want to be here, but top players like Steven Gerrard, Daniel Agger and Luis Suarez have all committed to the cause.

"They obviously feel there is hope that the model will work.

'The reality is we're a team that haven't been challenging for the last number of years and it is going to need that wee bit of time.

"I believe we are going down the right route because, if you're not going to invest as heavily, you have to build."

Or is it that as soon as Liverpool's head is turned by a player it's all over the papers, whereas the Spurs way has always been to do these deals on the quiet. (Well, it was when Harry wasn't around anyway).

The 2 main players Poo would be complaining about would by Gyfil and Dempsey, but who's to say we hadn't made approaches before Liverpool's well documented dealings?

Always the victims, it's never your fault...

Ridiculous claim, yeah, no way we would have known about Dempsey and Sig who were both excellent in the fudging Premiership last season and very clearly were available for reasonable fees for different reasons.

Or is it that as soon as Liverpool's head is turned by a player it's all over the papers, whereas the Spurs way has always been to do these deals on the quiet. (Well, it was when Harry wasn't around anyway).

The 2 main players Poo would be complaining about would by Gyfil and Dempsey, but who's to say we hadn't made approaches before Liverpool's well documented dealings?

Harry was quite vocal about who we wanted "t'riffic player, would love to sign him". After a couple of windows it seemed quite obvious when Harry wanted a player. Levy might as well not know that the media exists when it comes to transfers though and AVB seems to be more similar to that.

Liverpool are such a joke at the moment it would surprise me if their chief scout was a 14 year old called " R Baz" who spends half the day on Football Manager.

We're not gonna break the bank on wages for a player that doesn't fit into a 433 system. That's were our formation will be next season.
Ay?? Sneijder was trained by Ajax's youth academy who invented the modern day 4-3-3 as we know it. All their players are trained to play in that system - he even plays for the national team who play in a similar fashion.

Just like Rafa before him, we will find a way of accommodating such a talented player (should he even come to the club).

This is such a standard route for agents.
They put it out there, we know little about the story if anything, the story grows legs because of the 'push' from the agent via his media 'friends', the club are then left looking like tossers if they don't sign the player regardless of whether they even wanted him in the first place. It's a joke. Again, I do not see us doing any big business this Jan...

Didn't Everton admit to using FM in their scouting process?

Not just Everton.

How many sets of data exist on that many players? Not many. Granted they wouldn't be 100% accurate, but they wouldn't be such a bad place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back