• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Guess the question is

- Is this Ange's statement win so far?

3-0 at United for any Spurs manager is a result, completely overrunning them, outplaying them.
I believe only Arse do statement wins. And draws. Also the occational statement loss. 😜

But yeah, that was an impressive performance, which - combined with recent results - should put the start of season criticism to rest. We've responded really well to the derby loss and shown proper character.

What I particularily like is our squad depth and how it's used - we have quality on the bench, players who come on and make a difference. Even the youngest ones play their part.

Granted it was a poor United, but they're supposed to be our rivals, and we dominated them at Old Trafford. That performance builds my hope and anticiaption for the remainder of the season.

Reguilon is not as bad as people make out. Would rather play him than Davis. I don;t hate Davis at all, been a loyal servant, but at some point you have to be honest to yourselves, he is far too slow for Ange's system. Also nearly made a mistake as bad Drag's the other night.

I want us to win things, and to win things you need to be brutally honest.

Kulu is the same, Got the work rate of GHod and gives it his all, has some potential talent, but it is all let down by his decision making, his in ability to see what is going on around him most of the time, trying to run through 4 players, when a dink to the side can play others in on goal. On the right he is too slow and utterly out of his depth, in the centre he doesn't create enough. And I love the fella, great attitude.

And this then highlights a problem with Ange, he keeps playing players who have consistently failed to deliver and let us down on so many occasion. Son, Kulu, Romero, despite his goals Johnson, Maddison, Sarr, Bissouma, have all be playing way below par for months now.

Yeah , they might have a good game here and there, but on the whole? They have been poor and it is gonna take months of consistency to change this perception.
To play in this system as a full back you essentially have to be a competent central midfielder (in skillset at least). Reguilon has never showed that imo.

All the players you list are showing themselves to be important players for us right here, right now, as we're at least starting to put a good run of results together. Ange must be doing something right.

Getting consistency out of good players is one of the most difficult things for a manager to do imo. Many reasons for that. Takes time if it happens. Part of that is sticking with, trusting and believing in players also when not playing at their best imo.

Guess the question is

3-0 at United for any Spurs manager is a result, completely overrunning them, outplaying them.
Certainly up there.

Another "statement" results for me will be when/if we start creating more chances even if teams sit back and defend more passively against us.

This performance we knew we were capable of. Consistently breaking down bus parking teams with a good frequency is still an unknown.

Games like this will not encourage teams to come out and be aggressive or attack against us, so we'll get plenty of chances to test ourselves against teams sitting back and being cautious.

Guess the question is

It's a great result and performance but Mourinho won 6-1 there and he was sacked 16 months later, I believe. Results and performance have been picking up and long may it continue but there's no such thing as a statement win in modern football, I'm afraid.

Guess the question is

I thought we were sensational first half in all but goals. Similar to the Leicester game in many respects but even better. United were absolutely atrocious but much of that was down to how well we played. However...

The way United played really suited us. As good as yesterday was, it doesn't dispel any of the misgivings I have about Ange because United were dumb in how they approached the game and even dumber in how they executed whatever plan ETH had. That doesn't negate how good we were but we'll have much sterner tests and they will define how successful Ange can be here.

Nice that we have bounced 4 results out and hopefully sets us up for a run, nice to know the players are still taking the managers messages on board
Nice to see the plan executed
Key was every player knew their role and did it
No issues with players smothering others and all players showed the right level of accountability

Everything you post is negative. And largely innacurate.

Young players who have come through in the last 10 years and had a chance in the first team:
Archie gray
Lucas Bergvall
Mikey Moore
Jamie Donley
Destiny udogie
George abbot
Matthew Craig
Pape Mata Sarr
Djef Spence
Dilan markanday
Maksim Paskotsi
J'Neil Bennett
Nile John
Marcel Lavinier
Alfie Devine
Dame Scarlett
Harvey White
Alfie Whiteman
Jack Clarke
Malachi Fagan-Walcott
Japhet Tanganga
Troy Parrott
Timothy Eyoma
George Marsh
Oliver Skipp
Luke Amos
Kazaiah Sterling
Anthony Georgiou
Tashan Oakley-Boothe
Juan foyth
Kyle Walker-Peters
Filip Lesniak
Shayon Harrison
Anton Walkes
Marcus Edwards
Georges-Kevin Nkoudou
Cameron Carter-Vickers
Dele Alli
Deandre Yedlin
Josh Onomah
Harry Winks
Eric Dier
Alex Pritchard
Milos Veljkovic
Nabil Bentaleb
Shaq Coulthirst

We are terrible at blooding youngsters, clearly.
That group outside of Skipp and Winks who were actually youth players so no Diet or Sarr have probably played a grand total of less than 10 matches for us. So it's not an exaggeration to say we haven't either been willing to or able to give our youth a try.

That group outside of Skipp and Winks who were actually youth players so no Diet or Sarr have probably played a grand total of less than 10 matches for us. So it's not an exaggeration to say we haven't either been willing to or able to give our youth a try.
I find the pointless negativity that prompted my reply the issue. We are not (bar a period with Conte) a team who has shunned the idea of blooding youngsters, the truth is that the players have not really measured up which is probably the same across all top clubs.

I also find the idea that youngsters we've signed and then nurtured via a slightly different route - Alli, Dier, Sarr, Udogie, are not to be considered a but odd - they are to be considered they were spotted by our recruitment team and the price paid for them reflected the age and development those players needed - the same as an 8 year old Harry Winks who progresses through the ranks is a valid consideration.

Footnote - your numbers are off.

Bentaleb - 46 games
Tanganga - 27 games
Onomah - 13 games
Walker Peters - 12 games

That's 98 games just there.

I find the pointless negativity that prompted my reply the issue. We are not (bar a period with Conte) a team who has shunned the idea of blooding youngsters, the truth is that the players have not really measured up which is probably the same across all top clubs.

I also find the idea that youngsters we've signed and then nurtured via a slightly different route - Alli, Dier, Sarr, Udogie, are not to be considered a but odd - they are to be considered they were spotted by our recruitment team and the price paid for them reflected the age and development those players needed - the same as an 8 year old Harry Winks who progresses through the ranks is a valid consideration.

Footnote - your numbers are off.

Bentaleb - 46 games
Tanganga - 27 games
Onomah - 13 games
Walker Peters - 12 games

That's 98 games just there.
Well I'm not including players bought from elsewhere because someone else has already done the blooding. Someone else has already taken the risk. Buying someone at that point is really taking a chance on youth imo. It's buying a player like any other they just a bit younger. Blooding youth is actually playing players from your youth system, the likes of Skipp or Winks or Moore today.

Fair enough on the number of games played, i wasn't being exact. I wasn't expecting you to actually count how many games they had really played. :tearsofjoy:

The premier league is the richest in the world and competitive. Managers are judged game by game. It's difficult to blood a youngster if you have the finances to buy a ready made player.

Conte said it. It's not his job to develop players. Which is good for him. Not for the club.

It's a balancing act. Would help if we had other clubs we own where we can force it. We rely on loaning out and youth competitions though. Which is not ideal.

He’s doing well. Has tweaked the formation in a way I didn’t think he would and has used the players at his disposal pretty well the last four games. I still think we are defensively vulnerable (Quarabag could have had a hatful) but plenty to be pleased with at present.

Agreed.

But the arsenal performance wasn’t that long ago, and with absolutely no respect to recent opponents, Coventry, Qarabag and United are all complete gash.

He’s doing well. Has tweaked the formation in a way I didn’t think he would and has used the players at his disposal pretty well the last four games. I still think we are defensively vulnerable (Quarabag could have had a hatful) but plenty to be pleased with at present.
We did have 10 men

Ange's biggest thing to ponder is why our best performance of the season came without his captain playing.

Does he just put him straight back in?

Number of reasons I’d say
Without son we had a player stay wide which stretched the pitch
We passed better than previous games
We have players match fit and confident
Son hasn’t looked anything like the latter for some time

Back