• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

The premier league is the richest in the world and competitive. Managers are judged game by game. It's difficult to blood a youngster if you have the finances to buy a ready made player.

Conte said it. It's not his job to develop players. Which is good for him. Not for the club.

It's a balancing act. Would help if we had other clubs we own where we can force it. We rely on loaning out and youth competitions though. Which is not ideal.

So if managers are judged game by game is it fair take for posters to like ange when we win and hate him if we lose.

I’m very much on the don’t know about ange but when we lose it’s usually glaringly obvious why. I like his guile but want to see a tactician masterclass consistently before I laud the man after a few results.

So if managers are judged game by game is it fair take for posters to like ange when we win and hate him if we lose.

I’m very much on the don’t know about ange but when we lose it’s usually glaringly obvious why. I like his guile but want to see a tactician masterclass consistently before I laud the man after a few results.

I was just talking about how hard it is for youth players to get minutes.

I hope Ange has the balls to play Maddison-Bentancur-Kulusevski în midfield from now on. It is his find, all 3 are ballers and with them we can control the ball. Never saw Kulusevski în midfield, he found it, it only works with the other 2 ballers next to him. Bentancur has such a critical position, as he is the only baller that has defensive duties too and I think he is capable of handling it. He can be our Rodri. He is more technically gifted than him.

i think you will have to temper your expectations as the last batch of transfers showed that there is no immediate desire to win things.
however there is now a systematic attempt to build a team with a style of play from youth to senior team so maybe in 2-3 years we can start to think about winning something. Yeah its levy, not going to risk a lot to win things, entertaining football and suspense around qualifying for Europe is a financial sweetspot for now. He's admitted to us being uncompetitive after the stadium was completed too.

maybe ange sees this too and is taking his time to bed in a system/style of playing - who knows? then when its clear he might get more elaborate or start to adjust tactics to counter different teams/stages of play. I hope so, because if he continues thinking he can win by having less players at the back - he will find it hard with the quality of players we can afford.
Reguilon is on par with Udogie imo plus he has the heart to come back when we are caught on the counter, wish we would give him a chance. We loaned him at Brentford and United, he played în both teams. If Ange says no, then so be it, but he covers a lot of ground and might take some pressure off of VDV.

Reguilon is on par with Udogie imo plus he has the heart to come back when we are caught on the counter, wish we would give him a chance. We loaned him at Brentford and United, he played în both teams. If Ange says no, then so be it, but he covers a lot of ground and might take some pressure off of VDV.
He played for two teams inferior to us
He did well
But they aren’t possession teams and Reggie does okay like Forrest Gump

He played for two teams inferior to us
He did well
But they aren’t possession teams and Reggie does okay like Forrest Gump
I am tired of seeing Udogie's side a danger whenever there is a cross from the other side(Porro's side). Literally crickets. We have a lot players guarding the center, no one gurading the outside post. Saw the same when Djed played în Udogie's place. Udogie doesn't come back when the possesion is lost either. VDV has to sweep and gather any long balls that come on our left side. You can say a lot about Reguilon, but you can't doubt his speed, work rate and coming back when the ball is lost. Some say he doesn't convert în that CM as Udogie does when attacking, he can learn, he didn't have to before, no one told him to do so. În my book, as a defender you have to know, firstly and mainly, how to defend and then we can take into account your offenssive productivity. Which might I add, Reguilon is happy to provide on the flank going forward.

Last edited:
I am tired of seeing Udogie's side a danger whenever there is a cross from the other side(Porro's side). Literally crickets. We have a lot players guarding the center, no one gurading the outside post. Saw the same when Djed played în Udogie's place. Udogie doesn't come back when the possesion is lost either. VDV has to sweep and gather any long balls that come on our left side. You can say a lot about Reguilon, but you can't doubt his speed, work rate and coming back when the ball is lost. Some say he doesn't convert în that CM as Udogie does when attacking, he can learn, he didn't have to before, no one told him to do so. În my book, as a defender you have to know, firstly and mainly, how to defend and then we can take into account your offenssive productivity. Which might I add, Reguilon is happy to provide on the flank going forward.

I like Reggie too, but it happens on both sides, Johnson regularly goes missing defensively.

thats fair, but I'd never ask a last man to do anything other than row z, we play in a way that involves risk, he was a victim of that
Sure, and from that perspective we leave our centre backs exposed in that way many times every single game. That is what they're expected to be able to deal with. Ange obviously asks them to do a lot more than row z in those situations.

Yes, he was a "victim" of that. But he was also a victim of his inability to control the ball and then the split second decision to pull the man down.

It's not a bug in the system, it's a feature. It comes with risk and fudging up is fine as long as it doesn't happen too often.

All approaches come with risks, there's no way of playing without risk and ultimately the players will be the "victims" of that no matter what.

Back