• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

http://talksport.com/football/danny...e-liverpool-players-would-get-tottenhams-team
He told Colin Murray: “I grew up a Liverpool fan, played for them for seven years and only at Tottenham briefly. But I have to say, Tottenham are in a better position and if I was a Tottenham supporter I’d be very, very excited about the coming seasons and this particular season.

“Liverpool, they need a turnaround of players and the reason I say this is somebody asked me how many Liverpool players would get into Tottenham’s first XI.

“Here’s my quick answer to that – two, three maximum. And I can’t think of a year in my lifetime where I think that could have been said. And that’s a big turnaround.”

Going through his combined team, Murphy began by insisting the number one spot would not be a close contest with Hugo Lloris around.

“The keeper’s a no-brainer – even for a Liverpool supporter," he said.

“I personally would have [Jordan] Henderson instead of [Eric] Dier, only just. I know Dier’s been brilliant.

“The only problem with Henderson is Dier’s a sitting midfielder, Henderson likes to get forward. What you could do is put Henderson and Dele Alli ahead of Dembele and play [Mousa] Dembele in the holding role. I couldn’t leave Dembele or Alli out.

“[Philippe] Coutinho definitely and finally – it wouldn’t bother me not putting him in in terms of [Kyle] Walker’s ability – would be [Nathaniel] Clyne. He probably just edges Walker but both are superb right-backs.”

When asked if England forward Daniel Sturridge would make his team if he was fit, Murphy replied: “He’s not so [Harry] Kane’s in.

“I’m going with the same formation [Tottenham use] – you can tweak the three in midfield how you want to do whether you have one and the two but it’s a 4-3-3.

“You’ve got [Hugo] Lloris, [Jan] Vertonghen-[Toby] Alderweireld – I wouldn’t split that up – I’d have Clyne in and leave Rose in, he’s a bit better than Moreno going forward. You’ve got Henderson, Dembele, Alli in a midfield three, all with fantastic energy and athleticism, all can attack and all can defend. You’ve got Kane up top, playing wide and just tucked in you’ve got Coutinho and [Christian] Eriksen.”

Danny Murphy does seem to be proferring more contentious opinion these days.
Spinning for click-bait possibly, he certainly lost a lot of money in that recent investment debacle, and a high profile media career will help refill the coffers.

Saying that he is spot on here haha.

Danny Murphy does seem to be proferring more contentious opinion these days.
Spinning for click-bait possibly, he certainly lost a lot of money in that recent investment debacle, and a high profile media career will help refill the coffers.

Saying that he is spot on here haha.

Jordan Henderson would not get in our team, and nor would Clyne.

Murphy is an extremely boring pundit, and bar his time at Charlton, was at best a professional substitute.

Jordan Henderson would not get in our team, and nor would Clyne.

Murphy is an extremely boring pundit, and bar his time at Charlton, was at best a professional substitute.
He is boring and joins a long list of boring gobbrick pundits.
What criteria do the TV stations have when hiring these guys? Interesting personality isn't high on the the check list it would seem, unless they are intentionally fishing for banal, uncontroversial and bland opinions (which they may be).

th_174575424_benteke_122_568lo.jpg

He is boring and joins a long list of boring gobbricke pundits.
What criteria do the TV stations have when hiring these guys? Interesting personality isn't high on the the check list it would seem, unless they are intentionally fishing for banal, uncontroversial and bland opinions (which they may be).

Talk sport isn't a TV station. It is mostly there to stir up disagreement between fans and issues between clubs. Last time I listened was ahead of our game against Chelsea,Murphy was saying some of our players like Toby and Delle were worth looking At by....Chelsea.

Murphy is Ok - not the best but very long way from being as bad as many of BT's offering and most of Sky's.

Come back Garry Neville

Imagine spending all that and failing to make the Europa by finishing behind West Ham, Watford Leicester and palace, not to mention us and a notably poor united side.

Love it.

The media sense the potential for instability in Klopp, so they are starting to try and work out how to bait him, and he's already beginning to prickle slightly. Not quite à l'AVB yet, but perhaps hinting at what may lie in those unplumbed depths. A few more of these sorts of results and the knives will be out.

To suggest Henderson wouldn't get in their midfield is ludicrous. Dier is a very wooden centre back holding the midfield and in no way better than Can or Lucas. Clyne walks into the side and to be perfectly honest, if Sakho and Lovren stayed fit for a month there might be a different interpretation of the bankers at centre half.

Only Lloris and Kane are automatic starters from their side and even then only if Sturridge ain't fit and we are playing 2 up front.

This guy clearly doesn't watch either team play.

Back