• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

According to Klopp, Sturridge is now on a special routine to strengthen his body, but he can't even complete those exercises. I'm expecting a tweet along the lines of "I'm fit, but the manager won't play me" before this season is over.

Liverpool have agreed a £5.1million bid with Red Star Belgrade to sign Marko Grujic, who will be loaned straight back to the Serbian club.

Red Star club claimed to have received three offers for the 19-year-old, from Belgian club Anderlecht, German side Stuttgart and the Premier League Reds.

In a statement posted on their official website they revealed they had “unanimously accepted the offer of the English giants”, and had agreed a package that would see Grujic remain with them on loan until the summer.

Red Star said: “The board considered the offer and unanimously accepted the offer of the English giants. Liverpool will pay the money immediately, and the player would stay in Red Star until 01/07/2016.”

The deal is expected to go through before the new year, but Grujic’s father, Goran, has stolen his son’s passport and blocked the move.

“I won’t allow them to destroy my boy,” he told Serbian newspaper Blic. “I’m speaking about people who are in charge of the club (Red Star Belgrade). Everyone turned their back on them, as they’ve spent all the money the club has had, and they see a solution in Marko’s transfer.

“That’s why there’s so much pressure on him. Ten times per day they are calling him by phone, urging him to sign a contract.

“Did we speak with Liverpool? Look, we had chat with people from Udinese, and then guys from Anderlecht also came. But, there was no conversation about transfer, they just wanted to see what kind of kid Marko is, what’s his way of thinking. And, that was all, just chat.

“Then, suddenly came that story about Liverpool… All I can say is that the passports are with me, and I can guarantee that Marko is not leaving, he’s not going anywhere.

“There are (their) stories in Serbian media, like ‘Gerrard’s No 8 is waiting for him’, or ‘Klopp called him by phone’, ‘millions here, millions there’.

“And there’s also pressure in (the) Red Star dressing room, as it seems that (people from the management) convinced players, who are waiting for their salaries, that their payments depend on Marko’s transfer.

“I mean, which club is willing to pay six million euros, and then to say ‘Look, kid, come when you want’? Nope, if Liverpool FC is seriously counting on him, they’ll tell him ‘Start of training camp in January on this day, at that hour, we’re expecting you’. And, what kind of combination is that?

“The club is paying for him seven million euros, but then leave him on loan and that loan costs one million!? Really, I’m starting to think I should call the police to tell them everything about this pressure.”

http://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-agree-grujic-fee-father-blocks-move

Klopp needs a whole new back four, germans always build from the back first, if he's given time, he'll turn them around but they'll be a soft touch for the rest of this year.

Liverpool should sack Klopp and get back the FSW !!!

The believers would love it

That would be an interesting poll... :)

Probably a bit too early in Klopp's reign to make the majority wish for FSW back. If they continue to struggle for the rest of the season though...

Klopps taken over a terrible squad in fairness, he will do well but you wont see the full extent of his skill till the end end of next year...

I don't think their squad is terrible, but Klopp has taken over mid season and it will take him time to implement his style.

At Dortmund he had quite a few players that were talked about as not good enough that significantly upped their game and became regular starters. Liverpool do have quite a lot of talent in their squad. Not sure how all of their players will fit in under Klopp though... I doubt he's sure either at this point.

I think its terrible, Left back, two centre halves and GK are not up to the standard what so ever and they have a HUGE problem up top because Benteke isn't going to succeed as much as they need him too as they will not do what Villa did and play everything through him which is the type of player he is...

Can't see FSG writing too many large cheques again till they see some improvement from the current group. I honestly see little to no progression under Klopp. Some could well think they are regressing.

I think its terrible, Left back, two centre halves and GK are not up to the standard what so ever and they have a HUGE problem up top because Benteke isn't going to succeed as much as they need him too as they will not do what Villa did and play everything through him which is the type of player he is...

Again, this seems similar to what I heard people say about some of his Dortmund players.

One of the things Klopp succeeded with at Dortmund was player development, not unlike Pochettino. To write players off as "not up to the standard what so ever" at this point seems way premature.

I think they need a leader at the back. Someone to get the best out of either Sakho or Lovren. Moreno for me seems a big talent, but very unpolished (bit like Rose a couple of years back). They have a lot of talent in midfield, but I'm not sure how they will fit in under Klopp. Players like Kagawa and Sahin were brilliant under Klopp at Dortmund, but struggled elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of their current midfielders step it up in a big way given some time.

Benteke is perhaps a problem as you say. Not sure he's well suited to leading a pressing game from the front either (something Klopp surely is looking for).

Can't see FSG writing too many large cheques again till they see some improvement from the current group. I honestly see little to no progression under Klopp. Some could well think they are regressing.

I think it's way too soon to use words like regressing. Things getting worse (or inconsistent) before they get better is not that unlikely in a situation like theirs. He's still very much in the process of figuring out who can and who can't be trusted/used under him. A bit like Pochettino was at the start of his first season with players like Ade, Paulinho, Capoue etc. But without the benefit of a pre-season to start off with.

I think it's way too soon to use words like regressing. Things getting worse (or inconsistent) before they get better is not that unlikely in a situation like theirs. He's still very much in the process of figuring out who can and who can't be trusted/used under him. A bit like Pochettino was at the start of his first season with players like Ade, Paulinho, Capoue etc. But without the benefit of a pre-season to start off with.

Klopp needs to stop playing to the media, else he might get labeled the German Arry ;)

Is it being himself or is it an act? the whole "this is me just being me" could be one big act, which I sometimes think it is...

I think he will continue to more or less be himself. He doesn't seem like the self-censoring type at all.

That was fun to watch at first, a month or so ago. His blood pressure could cause him a problem. Loved the Dortmund of a couple of seasons ago. Now he is starting to act up like Mourinho at times and I just find that an immediate turn off. One of the reason we are so lucky to have Pochettino as he does talking on the pitch.

Is it being himself or is it an act? the whole "this is me just being me" could be one big act, which I sometimes think it is...

Could be just and act. Like most of us (and certainly most public figures) his personality is probably partly calculated, partly "just himself".

I really doubt it's all just one big act as he's been like this for years and years.

That was fun to watch at first, a month or so ago. His blood pressure could cause him a problem. Loved the Dortmund of a couple of seasons ago. Now he is starting to act up like Mourinho at times and I just find that an immediate turn off. One of the reason we are so lucky to have Pochettino as he does talking on the pitch.

Quite a few people found his behavior at Dortmund a turn off. Mate of mine that's a Liverpool fan couldn't stand Klopp at Dortmund for some of the same reasons you mention now. Now he's taken a (understandable) "he's our bastard" approach of course.

I think it's just that his profile is now raised a lot and instead of being in the media once every CL round Dortmund were in he's now in the (English) media all the time.

Ah, and there's Coutinho down now in Stoke with some sort of 'lower body injury' to add to all the growling and howling. Off he goes in the 19th minute.

I have family and friends who are Liverpool fans and try to be civil to them. Over the years, I've taken dog's abuse, but I honestly enjoy the heck out of that great spoof that goes on at YNFA with deluded commentator Jimmy Liddel and occasionally send them links to his latest masterpiece. They hate him but he keeps me "as happy as a kangaroo on a trampoline".

As per comments earlier in this thread, took a stroll into RAWK's Spurs thread. It's losing its spikiness as reality sets in over the two clubs' shifting fortunes. The Anfield thread over at Skyscrapercity is a gnarly, snarly place, too. Very divided opinions on how their new stadium is shaping up and how well it will let them compete moving forward.

Ah, and there's Coutinho down now in Stoke with some sort of 'lower body injury' to add to all the growling and howling. Off he goes in the 19th minute.

I have family and friends who are Liverpool fans and try to be civil to them. Over the years, I've taken dog's abuse, but I honestly enjoy the heck out of that great spoof that goes on at YNFA with deluded commentator Jimmy Liddel and occasionally send them links to his latest masterpiece. They hate him but he keeps me "as happy as a kangaroo on a trampoline".

As per comments earlier in this thread, took a stroll into RAWK's Spurs thread. It's losing its spikiness as reality sets in over the two clubs' shifting fortunes. The Anfield thread over at Skyscrapercity is a gnarly, snarly place, too. Very divided opinions on how their new stadium is shaping up and how well it will let them compete moving forward.
New stadium? They get a new stand to make it look even more unproportional. Looks hideous from every angle.

Back