• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

They've gotten their truth, but what happens when the attention of the world moves on in a day or two? Will they let it go? Not forget it, but stop using it at every opportunity.

They've gotten their truth, but what happens when the attention of the world moves on in a day or two? Will they let it go? Not forget it, but stop using it at every opportunity.

They wont, whilst I think what ive read today is disgraceful and totally wrong, they are always the victims and always will be...

They wont, whilst I think what ive read today is disgraceful and totally wrong, they are always the victims and always will be...

Its a tragedy for the families of those involved and could have happened to any team. I hate the fact that random liverpool supporters and tom werner are being asked for their verdict. Quite frankly who gives a fudge. Not like a force was conspiring against the entity that is Liverpool Football club, it was a human tragedy and the victims were those who lost their lives and the families involved.

Its a tragedy for the families of those involved and could have happened to any team. I hate the fact that random liverpool supporters and tom werner are being asked for their verdict. Quite frankly who gives a fudge. Not like a force was conspiring against the entity that is Liverpool Football club, it was a human tragedy and the victims were those who lost their lives and the families involved.

Agreed

I was at Hillsborough in 1981, no Spurs fan should show such ignorance... I'm sure plenty of us had had a few beers too, maybe some did not have tickets, would the littles one at the front deserve to die as a result?

[video=youtube;jtzHVe2mEN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzHVe2mEN0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

my Dad was at that game - has told me how bad it was and were it not for some good fortune it would have been us spending the last two decades mourning the loss of a significant number of our fellow supporters whilst having to put up with being told it was all our/their own doing.

some people need to stop with the pathetic Liverpool bashing when it comes to this topic as quite frankly it's disgusting

I don't think anythings come to light today we didn't know already. Without doubt the police tried to cover their arses blaming Liverpool fans, lying, doctoring evidence and witness statements etc. but the crush would have either happened outside the ground by the gates or inside where it did happen. I'm afraid to say that was due to fans turning up late and trying to push their way in to the ground, again everything historical and present day would suggest that a proportion of those fans were ticketless chancers as well.

Some unholy alliances in this cover-up (I'm not shocked as I always thought this was likely the case).

My question is why?

Obviouly the Police needed to cover their backs, but why were the government seemingly eager to help them at the time?
Or are South Yorkshire police particular riddled with corruption? (Not that London's Met has not got it's corrupt elements, but when they're corrupt it tends to be on a much bigger scale, e.g. Menezes, Tomlinson etc; I suspect something of this level of incident in Lopndon would have just led to some hands up and resignations then apologies and then moving on; basically relatively early closure - not 20 years of cover-ups)

SYP were involved in the miners strikes i believe and had a good relationship with Thatchers government because of that . . .

Whatever our opinions on the matter, the MOST important factor in this enquiry is that it can hopefully provide some sort of closure for the families of the deceased.

How's about we finish this thread off now? We could start a fresh one if needs be. It's just that some of the posts in the last three pages have made me embarrassed to be associated with this board.

I know, I'm macaronic, leftie, vegetarian, Guardian-reading drama queen :rolleyes:

Do you know what would make the families, and Scousers in general, look really good here?

Saying...."told you so"..........and walk away.

I know they deserve justice, I know someone should be punished etc etc...........I understand all that, and despite my mistrust of all things liverpool, I am quite frankly a bit disgusted at what has come out today.
But, if they, as a group, could walk away now, with the truth out, they would look a lot bigger, and would earn a massive amount of esteem from doing so.

Do you know what would make the families, and Scousers in general, look really good here?

Saying...."told you so"..........and walk away.

I know they deserve justice, I know someone should be punished etc etc...........I understand all that, and despite my mistrust of all things liverpool, I am quite frankly a bit disgusted at what has come out today.
But, if they, as a group, could walk away now, with the truth out, they would look a lot bigger, and would earn a massive amount of esteem from doing so.

Yes, possibly.

But if ne of your young children had died in that and been smeared, do you think you'd just say 'i told you so' and walk away? After more than 20 years??

Whatever our opinions on the matter, the MOST important factor in this enquiry is that it can hopefully provide some sort of closure for the families of the deceased.

How's about we finish this thread off now? We could start a fresh one if needs be. It's just that some of the posts in the last three pages have made me embarrassed to be associated with this board.

I know, I'm macaronic, leftie, vegetarian, Guardian-reading drama queen :rolleyes:

Yep, It's been shocking some of the things that I've read tonight; this issue is bigger than just being about 'Liverpool'; this is about state-sponsored collution and corruption; perhaps 20 years from now they'l be a similar apology for the Iraq dossier/David Kelly issue :-#

Some of the comments on here today about the city of Liverpool, Liverpool fans, the events of that terrible day and the ensuing 23 years of lies and cover up are disgraceful.

As Returner points out, there but for the grace of GHod.........

One further thing: one of the 96 was a Spurs fan - a teenaged girl. So even if your hatred of Liverpool has warped you beyond repair can you not at least show a bit of fudging respect on her behalf?

Yes, possibly.

But if ne of your young children had died in that and been smeared, do you think you'd just say 'i told you so' and walk away? After more than 20 years??

No, not at all, and I tried to say that in my post.........the bit about them deserving justice etc.

The point I'm making as an outsider is that they would earn a lot of plaudits if they stepped away now, with the truth out, and said........"enough". But I also realise the need to seek proper retribution.

Footnote to this.................personal point of view.............what has emerged today is plain wrong, and should never have happened. But as one or two have stated on here, it is now as if NONE of the fans were to blame at all, and that is also wrong. I'm sure there are plenty alive still who regret their actions that day, but will never admit to any wrong doing.

No, not at all, and I tried to say that in my post.........the bit about them deserving justice etc.

The point I'm making as an outsider is that they would earn a lot of plaudits if they stepped away now, with the truth out, and said........"enough". But I also realise the need to seek proper retribution.

Footnote to this.................personal point of view.............what has emerged today is plain wrong, and should never have happened. But as one or two have stated on here, it is now as if NONE of the fans were to blame at all, and that is also wrong. I'm sure there are plenty alive still who regret their actions that day, but will never admit to any wrong doing.

These pale into insignificance when compared to the actions of official/powerful bodies like th Police, Media etc. Sorry.

These pale into insignificance when compared to the actions of official/powerful bodies like th Police, Media etc. Sorry.

Well, they shouldn't pale into insignificance. Guilt is guilt.

I detest corruption, and wrong-doing against the person. But you can not reasonably hunt down one guilty party without hunting down the other.

Absolutely, Crawley. And I think deep down a lot of Liverpool supporters are aware of the small part their fellow supporters had to play in tragedy.

I think we should also take your advice for the Scousers, which I agree with. The enquiries out. Let's end it here.

Well, they shouldn't pale into insignificance. Guilt is guilt.

I detest corruption, and wrong-doing against the person. But you can not reasonably hunt down one guilty party without hunting down the other.

Guilt is guilt, but let's be honest: who has more power to evade justice for their acts? Scummy football fans or large powerful or political institutions? If a few heads from those corrupt institutions roll now, then perhaps we can then shine the light of the scum fans involved. Until then it seems a moot point

Last edited:
Back