• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

article-2170679-13FBA18A000005DC-197_468x425.jpg

I check in on Martin Lipton's twitter once in a while (https://twitter.com/martinlipton), seems to know a bit about what goes on at Spurs. Yesterday and today it's been mainly about the Terry case. Probably because of the Terry case there have been bunch of Liverpool fans making the dumbest comparisons and questions between the media handling of the Suarez and Terry cases. Just a torrent of stupidity aimed at him. Why he bothers I don't know.

Frankie Boyles tweet made me laugh.

"I'm sat writing jokes for the Liverpool run, I won't lie to you, it's been pretty fudging easy".

Isn't it time we closed this thread down?

Feels small-time to be 'obsessed' with one other club so much that there is a 101 page thread on them - and they aren't even geographically our rivals.

Feels small-time to be 'obsessed' with one other club so much that there is a 101 page thread on them - and they aren't even geographically our rivals.

'small-time'?

No it doesn't. Because if you close this thread down, another one will be opened up within a week. Just without all the quotable stuff in this one.

The fact that it's all in one place just makes it organised.

Edit: If the title was something more like 'let's all laugh at liverpool' i might be for it to close, but it's not, it's ambiguous.

Last edited:

If you give half a fudge about feeling small time why not stay away?

I don't think that it's small time to have a thread about another club. Go on to many other clubs' message boards and they have threads for other clubs too.

What does seem a bit small time to me, though, is that pretty much all of the discussion about Liverpool on this thread is critical or mocking. Obviously, the stereotypical RAWK poster is just begging to have the tinkle taken out of them. But there are some sensible posters there too with a healthy level of self deprecating humour.

I also happen to think that, with Rodgers at the helm rather than Dalglish and with a few astute signings, they will be right up there challenging for the top four with us. I don't buy the idea that they are so very far behind us.

Kuyt gone, Bellamy close to rejoining Cardiff, Carroll being pushed out the door. They need to complement Suarez sooner rather than later.

Their main problem now is that the owners have decided to curb spending, meaning they it's harder to get those signings done.

Is anyone getting the feeling that poor Brendan is a bit overwhelmed by the size of the job there and the poor state of the squad? He looks a wee bit rattled to me.

Is anyone getting the feeling that poor Brendan is a bit overwhelmed by the size of the job there and the poor state of the squad? He looks a wee bit rattled to me.

He's actually really impressed me how he's gone about getting the different stakeholders of the club 'onside'. I think if he can get some signings to compliment his playing style in, they will challenge a fair bit better than they did last year. They underachieved, laughably so infact. So some improvement should be near enough guarenteed.

They hit the post a lot, but I think they overachieved for a good while, then suffered the traditional post Carling Cup final breakdown.

I also happen to think that, with Rodgers at the helm rather than Dalglish and with a few astute signings, they will be right up there challenging for the top four with us. I don't buy the idea that they are so very far behind us.

I think in time certainly, as long as Rodgers gets the opportunity to build. This season though? I think there is so much to change from where they are to where Rodgers will take them they wont be serious contenders at all.

Compare to us, I think AVB can essentially take Harrys team, tweak it and run (obviously it may take a while to fine tune). Literally 2 signings and he could play his preferred way.

Rodgers though needs to make probably 5 signings to get close to a first team in his preferred dynamic. Enrique, Johnson, Suarez, Gerrard and maybe Skrtl can work in his set up. The rest? Probably not ideal all the way down to absolutely no chance.

EDIT: That said, if Rodgers compromises and takes the change more gradually they have enough quality to be a very solid premiership outfit. Hard to beat with a little flair - which quite often is the sort of side that can push for top 6.

I think in time certainly, as long as Rodgers gets the opportunity to build. This season though? I think there is so much to change from where they are to where Rodgers will take them they wont be serious contenders at all.

Compare to us, I think AVB can essentially take Harrys team, tweak it and run (obviously it may take a while to fine tune). Literally 2 signings and he could play his preferred way.

Rodgers though needs to make probably 5 signings to get close to a first team in his preferred dynamic. Enrique, Johnson, Suarez, Gerrard and maybe Skrtl can work in his set up. The rest? Probably not ideal all the way down to absolutely no chance.

EDIT: That said, if Rodgers compromises and takes the change more gradually they have enough quality to be a very solid premiership outfit. Hard to beat with a little flair - which quite often is the sort of side that can push for top 6.

I think it's a bit of a myth that Liverpool didn't play good football last season. They actually dominated many of those games that they infamously drew or lost at home. Some of the away games too. They just couldn't finish.

I would certainly add Reina, Agger, Lucas and Adam to your list of players that would thrive in Rodgers' preferred playing style. I don't know enough about some of the younger players at the club but I would imagine that at least some of them would be well suited.

I'm not saying that it's going to be easy for Rodgers. And, as you say, he certainly will need to buy at least five players (just as we do, including GS and JV). But I think it very possible that Liverpool will be back among the genuine challengers for CL places next season.

I think it's a bit of a myth that Liverpool didn't play good football last season. They actually dominated many of those games that they infamously drew or lost at home. Some of the away games too. They just couldn't finish.

I would certainly add Reina, Agger, Lucas and Adam to your list of players that would thrive in Rodgers' preferred playing style. I don't know enough about some of the younger players at the club but I would imagine that at least some of them would be well suited.

I'm not saying that it's going to be easy for Rodgers. And, as you say, he certainly will need to buy at least five players (just as we do, including GS and JV). But I think it very possible that Liverpool will be back among the genuine challengers for CL places next season.

I agree with Jimmy here. Liverpool were not the disaster people are describing them as. They were very very good in a lot of matches but bottled it big time up front with some awful finishing. They'll be there or there about.

Back