• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I agree with Jimmy here. Liverpool were not the disaster people are describing them as. They were very very good in a lot of matches but bottled it big time up front with some awful finishing. They'll be there or there about.

very true.

Isn't it time we closed this thread down?

Feels small-time to be 'obsessed' with one other club so much that there is a 101 page thread on them - and they aren't even geographically our rivals.

Completely agree. This thing is an embarrassment. Its like the spammers having one about us

I agree with Jimmy here. Liverpool were not the disaster people are describing them as. They were very very good in a lot of matches but bottled it big time up front with some awful finishing. They'll be there or there about.

Which in itself it amusing.

Buy Carroll and Suarez, have trouble finishing chances.

That's a lot of money to spend for what has been very little end product so far.

Completely agree. This thing is an embarrassment. Its like the spammers having one about us

From experience this is what would happen.

- Thread gets closed

- wait

- X club do something

- Thread opened about them

- Thread becomes general thread for that team.

Rinse and repeat. It's a natural occurrence on the forum, so why fight it, really?

Rinse and repeat. It's a natural occurrence on the forum, so why fight it, really?

Because its 102 pages!!! Its not as if they were even a close rival of ours last year!

If we're going to have this one, then we should have one for every club in the PL

Because its 102 pages!!! Its not as if they were even a close rival of ours last year!

If we're going to have this one, then we should have one for every club in the PL

So 1 102 page thread.

Or 100 1 page threads.

Guess it's personal choice as to which you'd pick. I'd rather be able to avoid 1 thread if i cba to talk about an opposition thread.

Serious discussion thread - fine to some extent but then why not separate ones for Chelsea, Arsenal & Saudi Sportswashing Machine - our closer rivals??

This 'lets take the tinkle' thread stinks of the 'lets all laugh at Arsenal/ Mind the gap' which sort of bit us on the arse somewhat. This is a Spurs forum so news about Shelvey or Spearing signing new contracts etc has very little relevance beyond the general postings Jordinho does on all such matters in the transfer and ASSOCIATED CRAP thread.

Serious discussion thread - fine to some extent but then why not separate ones for Chelsea, Arsenal & Saudi Sportswashing Machine - our closer rivals??

This 'lets take the tinkle' thread stinks of the 'lets all laugh at Arsenal/ Mind the gap' which sort of bit us on the arse somewhat. This is a Spurs forum so news about Shelvey or Spearing signing new contracts etc has very little relevance beyond the general postings Jordinho does on all such matters in the transfer and ASSOCIATED CRAP thread.

Your against banter i guess?

Once Liverpool and their fans stop doing stupid things this thread will drop away. And nobody's forcing anybody to read this thread.

I think it's a bit of a myth that Liverpool didn't play good football last season. They actually dominated many of those games that they infamously drew or lost at home. Some of the away games too. They just couldn't finish.

I would certainly add Reina, Agger, Lucas and Adam to your list of players that would thrive in Rodgers' preferred playing style. I don't know enough about some of the younger players at the club but I would imagine that at least some of them would be well suited.

I'm not saying that it's going to be easy for Rodgers. And, as you say, he certainly will need to buy at least five players (just as we do, including GS and JV). But I think it very possible that Liverpool will be back among the genuine challengers for CL places next season.

I didnt say they didnt play good football, I said there was some way for them to go from KKKennys set up to Rodgers set up.

As you mention it though, I dont think they were that good. They played a lot of numbers in midfield, by virtue of which dominated possession - but I dont think they did a great deal with it. And in the final third they were completely devoid of ideas.

Personally I dont think Reina works for Rodgers, by comparison to Vorm his distribution and control of the ball isnt close IMO. Agger is a brute, Im not sure he has the composure to do what Rodgers would request. Adam looks out of his depth at Liverpool IMHO, and is far to ponderous on the ball, as well as reckless in the tackle and weak with his short passing game - preferring numerous attempts at executing the hollywood ball. Honestly (IMO of course) I see none of them as really excelling in Rodgers style. Im not sure if they could "do a job" adequately even, and if not its AVB at Chelsea territory.

Ill conceed Lucas though, win the ball and give it simple - could well do fine for Rodgers.

I think that if Rodgers (like AVB at Chelsea...) pushes for his philosophy in full at once it could well back fire in a big way. I think he should perhaps take time to transition and accept less pretty/more solid football for a while to establish results, grace and his methods (as well as the players required).

Where as with us I think AVB has the foundation of his ideal in virtually in place, hopefully meaning we will reach peak performance to his spec in short time

I'd say Reina's distribution was excellant, one of the best in the league I thought, not sure about his control, but I imagine it's not too bad.

Reina is very good on the ball. I think he was described by someone as good enough on the ball to be a midfielder in the Premiership. Now that was probably a bit hyperbolic, but he's very good on the ball. Agger is also good on the ball, much better than Skrtel for example.

Lucas is a bit more than win the ball and give it simple. His passing is more creative and effective than Parker for example.

Agree with nayim about Adam, clearly not good enough and another player Liverpool saved us from getting...

Players like Henderson and Downing might become quite a bit better under a system like the one Rodgers had at Swansea.

Take a look on RAWK and you'll find threads on us. Top one right now is a close to 1000 posts thread titled 'Just How Good Are Spurs?'

New Tottenham signing Gylfi Sigurdsson has revealed he snubbed a move to Liverpool because he believes there is more chance of success at White Hart Lane.

It was widely expected that Sigurdsson would follow Brendan Rodgers, the manager under whom he flourished on loan at Swansea last season, to Anfield when the Northern Irishman replaced Kenny Dalglish.

However, Spurs hijacked the move with an £8 million bid for the midfielder, who explained his U-turn by pointing out the differing potential of the two clubs.

"Liverpool are also a fantastic club but if you look at where Tottenham have finished in the last few years, they finished above Liverpool," Sigurdsson, who made the move from Hoffenheim, told the Sun.

"Everything about Tottenham just felt right for me. With a new manager, a new training ground and plans for a new stadium, I believe there are exciting times are ahead.

"I think everyone expected me to follow Brendan. But I had made my mind up to come to Tottenham and I'm happy with my decision.

"Brendan's a fantastic manager, I enjoyed my time at Swansea with him and hopefully he will do well at Liverpool. I spoke to him briefly after I had made my decision.

"What I said to him after I told him I wasn't going to Liverpool is between me and him. Obviously I owe him a lot. But in that sense it's a new era for me."

Reina is very good on the ball. I think he was described by someone as good enough on the ball to be a midfielder in the Premiership. Now that was probably a bit hyperbolic, but he's very good on the ball. Agger is also good on the ball, much better than Skrtel for example.

Lucas is a bit more than win the ball and give it simple. His passing is more creative and effective than Parker for example.

Agree with nayim about Adam, clearly not good enough and another player Liverpool saved us from getting...

Players like Henderson and Downing might become quite a bit better under a system like the one Rodgers had at Swansea.

Have to say Ive never seen that in Reina, will look out for it. Always looked like you could pressure him into mistakes to me (good keeper, but wildly overrated IMHO)

Lucas was crap for years, it was only when he focused on being a DM his worth began to show. While he might be capable of more Id play him simple to start with for sure.

I think Henderson might improve, he showed so reasonable pass and move/late run ability at Sunderland, but Downing Im really not so sure. He doesnt exactly have a multi dimensional game does he? Always seems to me to be "run down the line, whip it in" which is certainly not a Rodgers wide man game.

I am grateful every day for Liverpool signing Adam lol.

To reiterate, Im not saying they are a bad side, (though I am saying they arent a good side!) rather that they have IMO a long way to travel to go from Kennys set up to Rodgers in full flow.

At this time we know the Liverpool fans have almost delusional expectations, it appears the club has closed the purse, and there is certainly a fair bit of work on the (quite bloated) squad to make it compliant with Rodgers style (presumably why he was appointed)

This, to me, seems like dangerous ground. Similar to AVB going into Chelsea and trying to make sweeping changes.

I always thought AVBs mistake was to try and change to much to quickly, that he should have stuck to more familiar/tested Chelsea tactics to establish his management and points on the board, and try to transition into his playing style incrementally. I thought this way he could have won Lampard / Terry / Drogba onside, used them, and then phased them out successfully.

I think similar with Rodgers now. If he shoe horns them into an incompatible formation it could spell disaster. If he compromises his ideal and puts out a solid team to get points he will have time to slowly turn them around to his way of playing.

Back