• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Very interested in if there'll be an explanation of the offside decision for Liverpool's goal, to the naked eye I just don't see how it was. Obviously glad of the decision but it was a quick one seemingly with no lines drawn, I know I would be currently fuming if it had happened the other way around.

Very interested in if there'll be an explanation of the offside decision for Liverpool's goal, to the naked eye I just don't see how it was. Obviously glad of the decision but it was a quick one seemingly with no lines drawn, I know I would be currently fuming if it had happened the other way around.

You are a masochist. Being open minded and looking for a sporting event to have a fair outcome will only lead to disappointment and pain.

he was so far offside he could have scored against arsenal

They have just said on danish tv that according to their sources at the PL, a " human error " was made in the VAR room.

They PL are going to release a statement soon.

he was so far offside he could have scored against arsenal

Not sure if this is one of your "jokes" but the more I look at it the worse it seems, there's just no way it could have been offside unless the groundkeeper was tinkled whilst doing the grass.

"Significant human error" according to a statement from the ref's association, it's a massive fudge up compounded by the silly protocols. For football's sake we should all be annoyed about it (even if we profited from it this time), offside seems to be outside of the realms of technology, it's bizarre.

Not sure if this is one of your "jokes" but the more I look at it the worse it seems, there's just no way it could have been offside unless the groundkeeper was tinkled whilst doing the grass.

"Significant human error" according to a statement from the ref's association, it's a massive fudge up compounded by the silly protocols. For football's sake we should all be annoyed about it (even if we profited from it this time), offside seems to be outside of the realms of technology, it's bizarre.

It´s only getting blown up out of all proportions because it happened to Liverpool. Practically the middle ages now but remember Mendes? Mistakes happen and karmas a bitch

It´s only getting blown up out of all proportions because it happened to Liverpool. Practically the middle ages now but remember Mendes? Mistakes happen

Verts offside in his own half
But I think with VAR these mistakes should be disappearing, but they are not.

It´s only getting blown up out of all proportions because it happened to Liverpool. Practically the middle ages now but remember Mendes? Mistakes happen and karmas a bitch

Leaning in to the Liverpool angle is typical of the silliness shown by football fans that holds the sport back imo.

Remove yourself from the tribalism for a minute as this is the VAR thread, it's just nuts that these kind of mistakes are made.

The whole misuse of karma in these situations isn't super thought out either, seeing pictures of the Sissoko CL handball in the OMT as if that is relevant, it was a handball at the time within the rules but no rule would suggest that the disallowed goal was offside today, it was just a massive fudge up which at least the organization has admitted. It's what happens next that'll be interesting, there'll be more scrutiny on offside calls as there should be given how iffy many have looked recently.

I appreciate I'm fighting an uphill battle asking folks on this board to be rational about a matter that is relating to Liverpool but it's worth trying!

Things like red cards when the rules use subjective terms like reckless / excessive force will always be debatable but something is either offside or it's not, so it's mad that the technology and implementation of it is so sketchy.

Last edited:
They are still making mistakes, but it's one or two a game, opposed to fifteen/twenty in the old days.

I think that's a bit ingenious, in the old days before mass TV coverage only about 10% of the crowd at a game could get a reasonable view of close calls but now millions have a chance to view the call repeatedly, the officials had to make decisions on what they saw in a split second and we lived with it, although we did have a good moan to the few who would listen.

I think that's a bit ingenious, in the old days before mass TV coverage only about 10% of the crowd at a game could get a reasonable view of close calls but now millions have a chance to view the call repeatedly, the officials had to make decisions on what they saw in a split second and we lived with it, although we did have a good moan to the few who would listen.

Yeah, the scale of the moaning just matches the scale of the audience.

The entire thing is disingenuous, most will say they want the game to be officiated fairly , but what we really all want is for big decisions to go in our favour.

If we lose a game because of a referee mistake I am apoplectic, if the opposition gets fudged over, I love it.

Not that that was the case today, they should have had 6 red cards and lost by more, the fudging clams.

I to know I would be fuming to, how do I know? Because it's happened to so, so many times before.

Back