• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

If you don't celebrate a goal, it's your CHOICE, not the fault of VAR.

Standing around while some dingdongheadS in a booth try and work their stupid lines out is just what we go to a game for.
Of course your are right:rolleyes:. Var is a joke and the majority of guys i travel with up and down the country every week are in the same camp. But as they say opinions are like arseholes everyone has got one.

Standing around while some dingdongheadS in a booth try and work their stupid lines out is just what we go to a game for.
Of course your are right:rolleyes:. Var is a joke and the majority of guys i travel with up and down the country every week are in the same camp. But as they say opinions are like arseholes everyone has got one.
VAR has lots of issues, but it does not prevent fans from celebrating goals. I've heard a couple of others trot out that gonads, but I'm yet to see any of them actually managing to live by their words, and they get all sour when I bring it up.

I really don't think VAR is the problem, VAR is just technology, it's the fact that they let the old boys club and all their mates operate it.

Classic example on Saturday, everyone could see that the ref was having a nightmare and had lost control of the game before the 1st half was even finished, no way are his mates in the back of the van going to contradict any decision he made and make him look even worse.

VAR has lots of issues, but it does not prevent fans from celebrating goals. I've heard a couple of others trot out that gonad*s, but I'm yet to see any of them actually managing to live by their words, and they get all sour when I bring it up.
Point is the thrill has to be put on hold. That's what I hate, that's what makes me feel I've been robbed. Having to stop myself from letting go, sometimes for several minutes. It's just ridiculous.

You need to accept we are not all the same. People react differently. If you cannot acknowledge that then I fear it's you who's talking gonads.

Point is the thrill has to be put on hold. That's what I hate, that's what makes me feel I've been robbed. Having to stop myself from letting go, sometimes for several minutes. It's just ridiculous.

You need to accept we are not all the same. People react differently. If you cannot acknowledge that then I fear it's you who's talking gonads.

Were you not doing that by checking the referee signal and whether or not a flag was up every time anyway?

tickle my balls with a feather.

To my mind the really terrible thing about VAR is it has destroyed any confidence and respect people had for referees, it's a thankless job and the ones who suffer most are the poor sod at grass root level. It's getting very hard to get qualified refs at kids level (abuse is far worse than anything you see or read on social media) and a lot of games end up in the hands of bias blokes from the home team. TV and VAR have made everyone think they are experts, its was a lot better with refs making geniue mistakes than this farce. Authorities are to blame for letting the standard to drop and not kicking out bias or weak refs in the past.

To my mind the really terrible thing about VAR is it has destroyed any confidence and respect people had for referees, it's a thankless job and the ones who suffer most are the poor sod at grass root level. It's getting very hard to get qualified refs at kids level (abuse is far worse than anything you see or read on social media) and a lot of games end up in the hands of bias blokes from the home team. TV and VAR have made everyone think they are experts, its was a lot better with refs making geniue mistakes than this farce. Authorities are to blame for letting the standard to drop and not kicking out bias or weak refs in the past.

Refs at all levels 100% been let down by this. Those at the bottom getting it ever worse.

Its just an absolute tool that undermines the entire structure

They are their own worst enemies, refusing to overturn mistakes just so it doesn't look like their mate has made a mistake. VAR should only be used to overturn a clear and obvious mistake, and the refs should be able to admit a mistake.

:ross:

I've been watching football for 35 years, I've never known a time when people respected referees or had any confidence in them, with the odd exception of Colina, and that Russian bloke, all TV and VAR have done is highlight the incompetence of humans

I don't think it was better before, at least the issue is under the microscope now, and I believe the percentage of correct decisions is still higher than it was before VAR came in, the authorities are to blame for not changing quick enough, simplify the rules and take the responsibility away from one person, the ref on the pitch should just be the relay between the game and those with the replays and angles

as someone who has refereed a lot of youth games, you are spot on about grass roots games though, we are all volunteers, and if anything, I've always made sure I couldn't be accused of being biased to my team

Refs at all levels 100% been let down by this. Those at the bottom getting it ever worse.

Its just an absolute tool that undermines the entire structure

funnily enough, there are multiple times in every game I ref that I wish I could watch something back again a few times, refereeing youth football with VAR would be a dream, and I'd happily take the time to talk every parent through the replay showing why each decision was made

I've been watching football for 35 years, I've never known a time when people respected referees or had any confidence in them, with the odd exception of Colina, and that Russian bloke, all TV and VAR have done is highlight the incompetence of humans

I don't think it was better before, at least the issue is under the microscope now, and I believe the percentage of correct decisions is still higher than it was before VAR came in, the authorities are to blame for not changing quick enough, simplify the rules and take the responsibility away from one person, the ref on the pitch should just be the relay between the game and those with the replays and angles

as someone who has refereed a lot of youth games, you are spot on about grass roots games though, we are all volunteers, and if anything, I've always made sure I couldn't be accused of being biased to my team

Refs have always been Aunt Sally's but when I played (over 35 years ago) most players respected the refs, even Sunday morning football players, i certainly cannot remember a time where there has been so much lack of confidence in them. In fact the general opinion was our refs were the best.

Your missing out refs in my grandson league get £20 for kids games and £30 for senior games, some do two games, one after the other.

funnily enough, there are multiple times in every game I ref that I wish I could watch something back again a few times, refereeing youth football with VAR would be a dream, and I'd happily take the time to talk every parent through the replay showing why each decision was made

Good at martial arts are you?

Back