• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

That requires either:

I. More officials. Probably one ref for each half of the pitch.
And/Or.
II. Football society remembering it's a sport and accepting human error from officials.

It's not perfect. But it's better than the amount of things that were missed before it existed.
The game is without doubt officiated more accurately now.

Reguarding your Ist point i played in the states for a while and they used to have a ref in both halfs. It was madness and they got rid of it after a while. :)

Can not agree with your 2nd point at all, and speaking as a match going fan its a crock of brick.:D

Reguarding your Ist point i played in the states for a while and they used to have a ref in both halfs. It was madness and they got rid of it after a while. :)

Can not agree with your 2nd point at all, and speaking as a match going fan its a crock of brick.:D
I can't see how more officials works either.
The idea of the ones behind the goal was good - but in practice it was brick.

I remember experiencing VAR in the Bundesliga before the PL adopted it.
It was great. Really quick decision, no messing around. Not sure what's since then. It's become convoluted.

I like it's accuracy. I'm not keen it's on timing and overanalyzing.

That said, I quite like football to be a sport and accept the errors that come along with it - from everyone that comes together to make the game possible.

I remember experiencing VAR in the Bundesliga before the PL adopted it.
It was great. Really quick decision, no messing around. Not sure what's since then. It's become convoluted.

I like it's accuracy. I'm not keen it's on timing and overanalyzing.

That said, I quite like football to be a sport and accept the errors that come along with it - from everyone that comes together to make the game possible.

One of the GREAT things about football at the ground is the spontanious reaction in the crowd when the ball hits the net, standing around while some clown shoe in a box tells us its a goal or not ( and they get it wrong at times) is killing that part of football which is why we all go.

That requires either:

I. More officials. Probably one ref for each half of the pitch.
And/Or.
II. Football society remembering it's a sport and accepting human error from officials.

Lets do both of those. Problem solved.

Two refs, like in ice hockey and netball, will be great for curtailing all their ego driven crap too.

Just watch some of the sports its already employed in - netball, ice hockey, even cricket. They are just responsible for their own halves and everything that happens in it. It just means they are closer to the action, and also lessens all the personality battles/lobbying with players, as at half time you get someone different (the refs obviously don't change ends when the players do)

Last edited:
One of the GREAT things about football at the ground is the spontanious reaction in the crowd when the ball hits the net, standing around while some clown shoe in a box tells us its a goal or not ( and they get it wrong at times) is killing that part of football which is why we all go.
How is it killing anything? Everyone still celebrates goals, and if it's going to be checked, you get to celebrate again if it's given. Sucks if it gets disallowed, but that happened before VAR too, with linesman flagging late. The emotional roller-coaster is why we love football. Don't see how VAR does anything but actually add to it!

But if you decide to be negative, it will be negative.

I'm not saying it's perfect, far from it, and some decision takes to much time. They should concentrate on the big decisions, not millimetre decisions.

How is it killing anything? Everyone still celebrates goals, and if it's going to be checked, you get to celebrate again if it's given. Sucks if it gets disallowed, but that happened before VAR too, with linesman flagging late. The emotional roller-coaster is why we love football. Don't see how VAR does anything but actually add to it!

But if you decide to be negative, it will be negative.

I'm not saying it's perfect, far from it, and some decision takes to much time. They should concentrate on the big decisions, not millimetre decisions.

Waiting around for what is some cases is a LONG time is what kills it. Stop! Hammer time but i can assure you there are more fans who actually go to games who are relising what a crock of brick it is. As for you idea about being negative it has been shown to be crap and fans are giving their honest opinion on what they see at the games.

Yeah that was weird, I saw a game in the states and one ref was far better than the other.

It was a clear and obvious error by Oliver not to give it on the pitch so why wasn't it overturned ??
The refs association should have to come out each week and explain why these fudge ups are happening time and time again

It was a clear and obvious error by Oliver not to give it on the pitch so why wasn't it overturned ??
The refs association should have to come out each week and explain why these fudge ups are happening time and time again

And VAR was supposed to make the game better, its a crock of brick.

I agree, officials have never appeared to be held to account, it's a cultural thing in most bodies of authority. I'm was never a fan of Howard Webb but he seems to be taking some action with the removal of Lee Mason, this might be the start of some transparency in the decision making process.

Apparently the Utd 2nd goal was offside and we should have had a clear penalty as well, do you think any other VAR’s will be losing their jobs this week or is it only if Arteta complains?

Back