• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

People losing their jobs even with VAR just proves what a bad idea it is. The concept just does not fit with live football for me.

Even with VAR human error is a thing which the whole concept was suppose to negate, but you can't when humans are running the system.

Can you just imagine if the FA/FIFA just had the humility to go: ‘Sorry, we got this wrong. VAR is completely abolished with immediate effect’? There’d be ‘we’ve got our football back’ street parties everywhere. It would be like the day the world eradicates polio.

Can you just imagine if the FA/FIFA just had the humility to go: ‘Sorry, we got this wrong. VAR is completely abolished with immediate effect’? There’d be ‘we’ve got our football back’ street parties everywhere. It would be like the day the world eradicates polio.

I believe it's something like each club has to pay £150k a year to use var (licensing, equipment etc...) so someone at fifa is probably getting a nice kick back. So can't see them getting rid anytime soon.

We can live it hope.

I believe it's something like each club has to pay £150k a year to use var (licensing, equipment etc...) so someone at fifa is probably getting a nice kick back. So can't see them getting rid anytime soon.

There is no doubt about that and is why they will keep telling us its good for the game, when in all truth its my favourite buttplug.

I think it's all about enabling spot fixing. That's the real money/motivation

Also the rumours that sponsored VAR breaks are coming, chaaaching

People keep harping on that VAR has improved the amount of correct decisions to justify its introduction like its all that matters, but it only feels like we have gone from 98% accuracy to 99% with VAR, Yet we have now lost out on spontaneous goal celebrations, less emotion, dead time waiting for decisions and more close call offside goals ruled out by a finger nail that no-one would've ever complained about if they were given in the first place (as long as the attacker is level it should be enough)

We've lost way more than we have gained with VAR imo

Last edited:
People keep harping on that VAR has improved the amount of correct decisions to justify its introduction like its all that matters, but it only feels like we have gone from 98% accuracy to 99% with VAR, Yet we have now lost out on spontaneous goal celebrations, less emotion, dead time waiting for decisions and more close call offside goals ruled out by a finger nail that no-one would've ever complained about if they were given in the first place (as long as the attacker is level it should be enough)

We've lost way more than we have gained with VAR imo
"feels like"!!!!
MNU LIV ARS CHE used to get all the tight decisions, the game was bent as a 7 bob note.
Thank GHod for VAR levelling the playing field and enabling Spurs to get those tight decisions nowadays.

Taking nearly 5 mins to clear up a perfectly good goal in the live game on sky....VAR is toilet water

I still think it takes the pressure off what used to be called linesmen to be absolutely perfect, it's an impossible job.

With goal line technology and more accurate offside calls than there used to be, a bit of time to consider decisions isn't a bad trade off imo.

I still think it takes the pressure off what used to be called linesmen to be absolutely perfect, it's an impossible job.

With goal line technology and more accurate offside calls than there used to be, a bit of time to consider decisions isn't a bad trade off imo.
TBF I agree with the matter of fact stuff, this offside decision took too long though which gets my goat.

Anything else like intent etc or where the refs decision is open for questioning regardless on if its the bloke on the pitch or if a room, that's not for me

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

TBF I agree with the matter of fact stuff, this offside decision took too long though which gets my goat.

Anything else like intent etc or where the refs decision is open for questioning regardless on if its the bloke on the pitch or if a room, that's not for me

But what you describe as "matter of fact" is incredibly subjective.

Folks on here described what Royal did to Zyech last week as a "punch", would any adult realistically argue that was a punch if they were recorded and publicly linked to that view?

It is for me (on reference for to your last sentence) if it reaches the right decision. It's still not "fair" if FFP is a joke so the league isn't competitive but at least it's more accurate than it was.

But what you describe as "matter of fact" is incredibly subjective.

Folks on here described what Royal did to Zyech last week as a "punch", would any adult realistically argue that was a punch if they were recorded and publicly linked to that view?

It is for me (on reference for to your last sentence) if it reaches the right decision. It's still not "fair" if FFP is a joke so the league isn't competitive but at least it's more accurate than it was.
But that's what I'm saying....

Matter of fact, over the line, offside etc I get 100%

If the ref decided to send Ziyech off last week you could argue for that being the right decision, IF VAR decide against it you could also argue in favour of that being correct (I can't remember which way round it happened) my point is that for those decisions that are going to cause debate because they could be argued either way, let the ref have the say, zero point having it go to another ref whose interpretation may differ only to delay the game and be debated after the game regardless.

I've always maintained a stricted code to allow the refs on the pitch to take those calls in real time regardless, something is always lost in still and replays IMO.

But that's what I'm saying....

Matter of fact, over the line, offside etc I get 100%

If the ref decided to send Ziyech off last week you could argue for that being the right decision, IF VAR decide against it you could also argue in favour of that being correct (I can't remember which way round it happened) my point is that for those decisions that are going to cause debate because they could be argued either way, let the ref have the say, zero point having it go to another ref whose interpretation may differ only to delay the game and be debated after the game regardless.

I've always maintained a stricted code to allow the refs on the pitch to take those calls in real time regardless, something is always lost in still and replays IMO.

But the ref surely has less of an idea of what is right / wrong compared to those who have multiple camera angles and time to consider the happenings?

I love Royal but shunting someone from behind like he did should be more of a red than a weak hand off / slap like Zyech did, what would you rather suffer yourself? It sucks getting surprised from behind from a cowardly attack but when you can see it coming it's easier, especially if it's nothing at all like Royal's "assault worthy of a red card" was, whatever the rules say.

It's a matter of whether the rules are right as well as applying them but I appreciate that's a broader discussion.

But the ref surely has less of an idea of what is right / wrong compared to those who have multiple camera angles and time to consider the happenings?

I love Royal but shunting someone from behind like he did should be more of a red than a weak hand off / slap like Zyech did, what would you rather suffer yourself? It sucks getting surprised from behind from a cowardly attack but when you can see it coming it's easier, especially if it's nothing at all like Royal's "assault worthy of a red card" was, whatever the rules say.

It's a matter of whether the rules are right as well as applying them but I appreciate that's a broader discussion.
Indeed I do get that l, I just believe there is a def line which would be a balance worth striking TBH.

I think we are in this middle ground at the moment where refs are also should they shouldn't they because of the ever looming VAR which has attributed to recent ridiculousness with it.

I still think VAR is a good idea.

The issue still is people went here is var, here is football, let's throw them together and see what happens....

With too many rules/laws now having grey areas it's just confusing.

Did the player make an attempt to play the ball.... Was the player falling over.....

The rules need to go back to being clear and easy to understand and get better refs.

Back