• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Some midfield geezer from Barca. Loan job. Us or the Spammers.......in da telegraph.

Tottenham Hotspur are locked in a transfer deadline day battle with West Ham United to sign Andre Gomes on loan from Barcelona.

The Portugal international midfielder has been made available by Barcelona on a season-long loan, which has alerted Spurs and the Hammers.

Tottenham expressed an interest in Gomes earlier this week, but face late competition from West Ham after they failed to agree a deal for William Carvalho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/30/tottenham-west-ham-battle-barcelona-star-andre-gomes/

Is Gomes good?

Tottenham Hotspur are locked in a transfer deadline day battle with West Ham United to sign Andre Gomes on loan from Barcelona.

The Portugal international midfielder has been made available by Barcelona on a season-long loan, which has alerted Spurs and the Hammers.

Tottenham expressed an interest in Gomes earlier this week, but face late competition from West Ham after they failed to agree a deal for William Carvalho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/30/tottenham-west-ham-battle-barcelona-star-andre-gomes/

Is Gomes good?

No - just ousted by Paulinho

Is Gomes good?

He's struggled at Barca, but that just means we can get him at a reasonable price. I would be surprised if we went in for someone without having scouted them for some time, even before he went there. This does have the smell of an agent trying get some interest going in his player.

He's struggled at Barca, but that just means we can get him at a reasonable price. I would be surprised if we went in for someone without having scouted them for some time, even before he went there. This does have the smell of an agent trying get some interest going in his player.

One of the most promising players in Europe a year ago when Bara singed him for 30m odd. Cant see wham as much of problem, he'll surely prefer to come to us. Maybe we want a future fee clause and Bara don't.

C8z-t2UXcAEHn-i.jpg

CzotBcOWEAAGvOn.jpg

Everton wishes. Chamberlain might not be all that, but he is way better than Barkley.

Have to take into account the teams they play in. Everton far more defensive with less focus on passing and attacking.

Barkley wants to come to Spurs to improve as a player.

Have we hit zero net spend yet?

I think Aurier will get us to about breaking even on our spending, if he comes. Davinson for 42m (including add-ons), Gazzaniga for 2m, Foyth for 8m and Aurier for 23m comes out to about 75m quid, and we're currently somewhere at that level after the sales of Walker (50-55m), McGee (unknown), Fazio (2.5m?) and Wimmer (18m). If you include N'Jie and Bentaleb, then we'd still have a bit to go to breakeven, even after Aurier.

Some roumers that DL is preparing for a returning player is going around here at the press office.

Which former player is good enough and which we can afford to buy?

I think Aurier will get us to about breaking even on our spending, if he comes. Davinson for 42m (including add-ons), Gazzaniga for 2m, Foyth for 8m and Aurier for 23m comes out to about 75m quid, and we're currently somewhere at that level after the sales of Walker (50-55m), McGee (unknown), Fazio (2.5m?) and Wimmer (18m). If you include N'Jie and Bentaleb, then we'd still have a bit to go to breakeven, even after Aurier.

My spreadsheet reckons we are £4m in the black after Aurier

Anyone else preparing to be disappointed today?

I predict Aurier will slip and we'll end up with a useless Polish fella on loan. And nothing else.

Back