• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Short term loan signings doesn't seem to fit very well with the philosophy Pochettino tries to spread at the club imo.

I agree - It really is so hard rationally discuss any of this due to so many variables at play.
We will see what transpires.

I must get back to ordering my tranquilisers..........I will need them on Sunday..........better get a couple of bottles!

Last edited:
Not seeing much mention on the board, but the last week's media has all been about this guy

Report: Tottenham Hotspur confident of Sandro Ramirez deal Read more at: https://tr.im/3cZYy

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly becoming increasingly confident of completing a deal for Barcelona attacker Sandro Ramirez in the January transfer window.The 20-year-old has been with Barcelona since 2009, playing mainly for their B side, but he has also appeared on 30 occasions for the first team.This season, the Spaniard has made 18 appearances in all competitions, but it is thought that the availability of Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal from January onwards will make it difficult for Sandro to secure regular football.According to Sport, Spurs are confident that a figure in the region of £10m would be enough to convince Barcelona to part with the pacey forward.Sandro, who can play in a number of positions in the final third of the field, has three Spain Under-21 caps to his name.

I agree - It really is so hard rationally discuss any of this due to so many variables at play.
We will see what transpires.

I must get back to ordering my tranquilisers..........I will need them on Sunday..........better get a couple of bottles!

Perhaps a two year retreat of silent meditation in Nepalese mountains would do you good? Though with New Years eve coming up it might be a tad difficult to fit that in...

My perspective is that whatever happens this season it's been a huge step in the right direction for the club. We probably have the most talented squad I can remember with our current ability not far behind what we had at our best under Redknapp with Modric, Bale, King, VdV etc. We have a great academy and players breaking into the first team at a very impressive rate. And we have a fantastic head coach who seems to genuinely enjoy his time with us. We're about as far from a one man team as we've been (whilst being good) and we have real competition for places in more positions than I can remember. All this while our stadium project is being officially announced.

This really is just the beginning of what promises to be a fantastic period for the club, regardless of what the final outcome of this season is.

Not seeing much mention on the board, but the last week's media has all been about this guy

Report: Tottenham Hotspur confident of Sandro Ramirez deal Read more at: https://tr.im/3cZYy

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly becoming increasingly confident of completing a deal for Barcelona attacker Sandro Ramirez in the January transfer window.The 20-year-old has been with Barcelona since 2009, playing mainly for their B side, but he has also appeared on 30 occasions for the first team.This season, the Spaniard has made 18 appearances in all competitions, but it is thought that the availability of Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal from January onwards will make it difficult for Sandro to secure regular football.According to Sport, Spurs are confident that a figure in the region of £10m would be enough to convince Barcelona to part with the pacey forward.Sandro, who can play in a number of positions in the final third of the field, has three Spain Under-21 caps to his name.

Daily Mail saying its £3m but they have a buy back option

Also not in their squad for tonight's game unusually...

The Daily Mirror, the highly reputable source that it is, has suggested that Atletico Madrid are going to show interest in Ighalo with a rumoured price of £12m. Given the season that Watford & Ighalo are having, I can see the club laughing that risible bid off. If, however, he were to be for sale at that price then we should show an interest too.

His record before Watford is poor - so I wonder if he is just at the right club at the right time ( like Vardy, Lambert etc)

Ramirez is such a sexy striker name. We need to buy this guy at all costs.

Is he any good?

From the ever reliable YouTube, seem to be a decent and powerful finisher, not big though, decent control and skills as you wld expect from a Barca trained player. Can therefore understand it if we signed him given from the few minutes I saw, he seems to fit into the gap which we have (ie an out and out CF). I assume Levy will have structured the buy-back clause sensibly

On Sandro Ramirez;

He's been getting decent minutes this season for Barca. According to the article I read on Bleacher Report, we're negotiating hard not to have the buy back clause included in the deal. If Levy pulls this one off it'll be amazing.

To have any decent product of the Barca youth system is not to be sniffed at. To get one who despite the presence of Messi, Suarez and Neymar, still gets 10 appearances this season, is to me exciting.

I'd be looking at the Championship lad Afobe. A bit of a step up coming to the PL, but should be settled in all other areas and could have a faster impact.

I'd be looking at the Championship lad Afobe. A bit of a step up coming to the PL, but should be settled in all other areas and could have a faster impact.

He's got something about him for sure, but he's very raw still. Ex Gooner though so would he even join us? Maybe Alli can have word.

Yea I mentioned him last year, he's a great talent and has the skill set to make it in the Premier League. Think they'd want big money for him though.

If we meet his release clause of £8.8m, will we still need to be concerned about a buy-back clause?

You know we probably have no interest in this player from Barca don't you? Previous experience suggest that any player we have been heavily linked with, without any real substance, never gets signed. Most of our deals are out of the blue and are only ever been reported when we have had a bid accepted or they are having a medical.

Back