• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

It's would be a bonus, but hardly a requirement. We've plenty of players who can play as a number 10 or on the wings. What we really need is someone who can play as a number 9, since we really only have one of those in Kane. If that player happens to also be able to play as a ten or winger, that's a nice addition, but not exactly the reason we would need to buy him for. It's a like for like with Kane that we need. Besides, he does not have to be flexible, because as I explained Kane already is, so even if you want to play them at the same time just move Kane around.

Do you think that is what Poch wants?

Isn't that exactly what we signed Son and Njie(admittedly, now injured) for though? We don't want to become overloaded with wide forward but not quite #9 type players.

Yes. And both NJ and Son could come on to fulfil that versatile role in time - they need to improve their finishing, playing the shoulder of the defender etc in short improve their CF play. Both have shown they have an eye for goal, but they are forwards who can stretch to playing as a CF. What we need is a CF first, who can play as one of the front 3 as well, because:

1) Kane is proving to be impressive at leading the line, his goal against Southampton an example of what he can do playing against the last man.

2) We have needed something different in attack in some games. Alli has provided impressive drive, but imo we need another player, probably an older player. Dimitri Payet who's 28 would be ideal. On the other hand we have seen Poch bring players on. So Dembele, Alli, Son, Lamela Njie could take a step forward to provide that fresh attacking dynamic that we miss in some games. But only Dembele is 28, the rest 22 or 19 in Alli's case.

3) If you are buying a CF, you want the best player you can get. If Kane is injured or suspended you need someone who can get goals. If that player has spent the season on the bench playing the odd cup game, they will not be match sharp or confident. But if that player just moves position - and indeed rotates position with Kane during games - then you are well covered. You are utilising your significant financial investment to greater effect.

I don't know about the other players who've been linked but Berahino might have been such a player who could rotate with Kane, during games or off the bench. Whoever it is, they should add something new to our forward play. We may not make a singing, but most agree, Son and Njie are not CFs. We need another CF.

Last edited:
Do you think that is what Poch wants?
I don't know. He probably is happy enough with his squad in terms of first-11, but we really do need a back-up for Kane. What I do know is that whenever Soldado and Kane played together Kane was the one to move to the ten position as far as I could tell. So I don't think he would be that opposed to it. We just need a better number 9 for us than Soldado was to make it work, lol. Also, as I said first-11 is fine, so it's not like we are going to play Kane out of position all the time, it will be incidents. In principle Harry would still be our main/lone striker. The other guy would just take over from him in the cups to allow Harry a rest and perhaps come on in the last 20 minutes of a PL game either with or instead of Harry. Yeah, sure it would be nice if he could at the same time also play as a 10 or winger, but instead of who? Are we going to bench Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Son, Alli, Dembele, etc. for this new striker? I'm not sure that's really worth it/necessary.

We're talking a lot about burnout for Kane, but I see players like Ronaldo, Suarez, and others play virtually every game for their teams. Granted it's the less physical Spanish league, but if they can manage without the rigorous training regime that Poch employs, why not Harry too?

We're talking a lot about burnout for Kane, but I see players like Ronaldo, Suarez, and others play virtually every game for their teams. Granted it's the less physical Spanish league, but if they can manage without the rigorous training regime that Poch employs, why not Harry too?

The intensity isn't the same and only Suarez works at the same level but I think it's a valid comment. I think we assume sometimes because of other miss management of players it wil happen again but Poch knows what he is doing and he won't play a player the physically can't perform

Happy Christmas! Yes it's unlikely Berahino will happen and one ITK who may actually have something genuine to say indicated it wasn't happening. But him not playing is a bonus in that he should be fresh and eager to prove himself again. Yes he will not be fully match sharp, but it looks like he will play over the festive fixtures. We just don't know. Levy doesn't know what Pearce's next move will be. Although unlikely, I wouldn't rule it out. It was clear Poch wanted him.

Happy Christmas

He's an excellent player, a great goal scorer for his age, but he will likely be signing for Juventus next summer. When Juventus sold their share in Beradi, a clause was apparently inserted which will enable Juventus to buy him in the summer.

Any mention of the likely price for him? Would be £20m-£25m wouldn't it? Not sure I see us risking that much on a youngster from Serie A given the Lamela experience

Any mention of the likely price for him? Would be £20m-£25m wouldn't it? Not sure I see us risking that much on a youngster from Serie A given the Lamela experience[/QUOTE

What a player who took time to adjust and now is an automatic stater of fit

Any mention of the likely price for him? Would be £20m-£25m wouldn't it? Not sure I see us risking that much on a youngster from Serie A given the Lamela experience

I don't understand why Lamela would have any influence over us signing another player from Italy

Is the League that he came from the most important factor in why it has taken him a while to settle?

I think its definitely a relevant factor - I didn't ever say that it was the 'most' important though. There are similarities between the two: young, forward, Latin nationality, from Serie A who had 1-2 decent seasons there. The league and lifestyle is quite different to playing in the PL and living in England.

Contrast buying a young Italian or Argie forward from Serie A to say buying someone from the Bundesliga, which is a lot more similar in playing style to the PL, or signing say a German/Dutch/French/Scandi player who would be more used to the lifestyle/weather/culture of the UK. The risk profile is different

I'd like us to go for Shane Long! ..Southampton would go ape ........I like Shane.

I don't know how they would feel today, but until yesterday's game their opinion on him was pretty unanimous: He's brick, a waste of 12 million and nowhere near good enough for the PL.

Back