• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I don't know how they would feel today, but until yesterday's game their opinion on him was pretty unanimous: He's bricke, a waste of 12 million and nowhere near good enough for the PL.

I've liked him for the last couple years - love the way he stretches the game just like his countrymen Robbie Keane

I'd like us to go for Shane Long! ..Southampton would go ape ........I like Shane.
Good wholehearted player who can lead the line as is Jerome of Norwich but nowhere a big enough name for a BIG TEAM (yawn) like us I'd rather pay £20m for someone whos never played in England and could take a couple of years to deliver. I think we need someone who can do a similar job as Kane now, as COVER should he need a rest or get injured and there aren't many of those about, certainly none available in the Premiership.

I know lots of names have been mentioned on this thread but I don't have enough knowledge of some of the players to pass comment on them.

However, I do feel it is the right time to pay for an top quality, international class striker who would not be over-awed by playing in a, dare I say it, 'title chasing' team.

Ideally we need someone who can lead the line on his own like Harry and I hope that Poch has a suitable player in mind. Berahino will no doubt be mentioned again and I would still take him but he is one for the future and given his difficult few months and his youth will need time to settle.

Go on Levy, take a chance and pay £5 million over the top and get the right man...

Finally, as we are currently in the champions league places, with the youngest top flight squad in Europe and with the promise of a fantastic new stadium we are an attractive proposition for anybody in world football..

COYS.

I know lots of names have been mentioned on this thread but I don't have enough knowledge of some of the players to pass comment on them.

However, I do feel it is the right time to pay for an top quality, international class striker who would not be over-awed by playing in a, dare I say it, 'title chasing' team.

Ideally we need someone who can lead the line on his own like Harry and I hope that Poch has a suitable player in mind. Berahino will no doubt be mentioned again and I would still take him but he is one for the future and given his difficult few months and his youth will need time to settle.

Go on Levy, take a chance and pay £5 million over the top and get the right man...

Finally, as we are currently in the champions league places, with the youngest top flight squad in Europe and with the promise of a fantastic new stadium we are an attractive proposition for anybody in world football..

COYS.

Rooney? Costa? Benteke? All damaged goods with faces that no longer fit

That would be Redknapp thinking anyway.

Thankfully I think Poch will go for another Alli/Dier type signing

I've always liked Benteke but he was quite open in his views about not coming to us in the summer.. Rooney is well past his best and would not come to be second choice to Harry.. Costa I would be more excited about but again can't see him wanting to be second choice... Also I don't think their clubs would want to sell them to us at this, or at any time, in the case of Chelscum..

COYS.

If that player is out there. Someone we can just pay £5m over the top and he'll just be perfect and top quality, international class, line leading striker... Not many of them if they exist at all.

Most of our big money signings that have worked out (Lamela, Modric) have taken time to settle. Looks a somewhat similar story now with Son. A lot of our success has come with slightly lower profile, somewhat cheaper players. Not only us by the way. When Liverpool struck gold in the January window a couple of seasons ago it was with Sturridge and Coutinho - Not £5m over the top style players.

Our rivals have at times spent heavily and struggled to find the right man.

I see nothing wrong in saying "Sign someone, but I don't know who". But I think it needs to be said that the risk is significant even if we spend big money. And accepted that perhaps that player isn't available.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

If the links to Batshuayi, or if WBA lower their price for Berahino a bit we might see the exception to Levy's £10-15m strategy.

Ali DIa? GHod I hope not

ali-dia-southampton.jpg

I'm thinking if it's 'just' a backup for Harry we need till the summer. We might be looking at an older striker that Poch may know?

There is no point in rushing in a third choice when the first choice is gettable this summer.

I'm thinking if it's 'just' a backup for Harry we need till the summer. We might be looking at an older striker that Poch may know?

There is no point in rushing in a third choice when the first choice is gettable this summer.

A young striker in January to me makes little sense (from a this season perspective)

An experienced striker, maybe one who doesn't have the legs for 90 minutes, every game, but could deputize for Kane (potentially even help his development), bring some experience and right mentality to the squad would make a lot of sense. Even if that spend could not be recouped (i.e. no real long term resale value)

This is the first time i look at the team and think who do we drop to bring in a top quality player. Its not obvious.

Even walker with his brain farts still has something in his locker to be top draw.

Any one that comes in will have to eat humble pie and know that he may start his career warming the bench for a period.

I would love a young highly sort player that can grow the group rather than thinking that he can just turn up and make demands.

A young striker in January to me makes little sense (from a this season perspective)

An experienced striker, maybe one who doesn't have the legs for 90 minutes, every game, but could deputize for Kane (potentially even help his development), bring some experience and right mentality to the squad would make a lot of sense. Even if that spend could not be recouped (i.e. no real long term resale value)

Rickie!!!!!

The Daily Mirror, the highly reputable source that it is, has suggested that Atletico Madrid are going to show interest in Ighalo with a rumoured price of £12m. Given the season that Watford & Ighalo are having, I can see the club laughing that risible bid off. If, however, he were to be for sale at that price then we should show an interest too.

The Daily Mirror, the highly reputable source that it is, has suggested that Atletico Madrid are going to show interest in Ighalo with a rumoured price of £12m. Given the season that Watford & Ighalo are having, I can see the club laughing that risible bid off. If, however, he were to be for sale at that price then we should show an interest too.

Given the gulf in money between the Premier League and everywhere else now, I would not be surprised if Watford could afford to offer higher wages than Athetico.

Back