• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Sure, that works. Like I said, if they're both happy to come, then go for Austin, definitely: he knows the league, and he's scored at Kane-esque levels in the league before. But risking a bit of disharmony by having Austin (for example) grumbling about being second-fiddle to Kane and thus not getting into the England side that Kane's already in...not sure if that's the best thing to do given the chemistry we presently possess.

We won't spend anything beyond what we make in January, but I agree that we could still get the cover we need without going into the red spending-wise: we might need to shift Townsend, but that doesn't leave us short of cover in the area he's vacating anyway.

I don't think it would cause disharmony. Austin came into the game late I think from non league so I get the impression he would have the mentality of being pleased to have been signed by a top 6 club yet knowing the hard work continues. I personally think he would have to be mad to think he will be selected as it stands for the Euros anyway given his playing for QPR and how well Vardy and Kane have done without taking into account Walcott, Welbeck and Sturbridge, who are all above him In the pecking order.

Someone said today that West Ham were prepared to pay 12m for Townsend, which is absolutely mental and should be taken.

hqdefault.jpg

I don't think it would cause disharmony. Austin came into the game late I think from non league so I get the impression he would have the mentality of being pleased to have been signed by a top 6 club yet knowing the hard work continues. I personally think he would have to be mad to think he will be selected as it stands for the Euros anyway given his playing for QPR and how well Vardy and Kane have done without taking into account Walcott, Welbeck and Sturbridge, who are all above him In the pecking order.

Hope so: like I said, he's a relatively hard worker, he's scored a lot in this league and he knows how it works. He'd be ideal, if he'd be happy to come. However, I do wonder why no one signed him this summer...

I think money talks tbh. He will if QPR get a good offer. In terms of the summer, I think everyone baulked at the £15m tag given he had one year left and rightly so.

You may well be right. I hope we at least throw an inquiry his way, if our scouting team thinks he's okay: if he's fine with coming and rotating with Kane, why not, he could do the job better than Chadli, Son or N'Jie.

Hope so: like I said, he's a relatively hard worker, he's scored a lot in this league and he knows how it works. He'd be ideal, if he'd be happy to come. However, I do wonder why no one signed him this summer...
sullivan or gold, i forget which told everyone he has dodgy knees

You may well be right. I hope we at least throw an inquiry his way, if our scouting team thinks he's okay: if he's fine with coming and rotating with Kane, why not, he could do the job better than Chadli, Son or N'Jie.

Exactly and just as importantly, would be a mid age point between the experienced heads and young guns. I don't know him but I just get the feeling he would really gel personality wise in our squad and be very happy in his life choice meaning we get a very balanced play who gives the squad more depth and specific balance.

It would allow N'jie especially to use this season as a bedding in one with no pressure on him whereas Son looks settled already which is fantastic.

I'm not sure we would pay big money for Berahino in January but you never know. Berahino in January with Austin on a 'unofficial' pre contract to arrive for free in the summer would be perfect.

Can't see us keeping 3 CFs happy next year

sullivan or gold, i forget which told everyone he has dodgy knees

Really? Hmm. That does throw a different light on him as a potential target. But then again, I remember Demba Ba having the same 'dodgy knees', and he did alright: a striker I'd have liked to see at our club as well, inability to get insurance for his knees be damned. Maybe those tw*ts just wanted to make excuses for their inability to sign him.

Not even with all that CL football to offer? ;-)

Even fewer games than we have this season!

We already have Pritchard coming back from injury in Jan and who will effectively be like a new signing so plenty of bodies for those 3 roles behind the CF. Unless we change formation, I can't see us being able to keep more than two senior CFs and a 19-20 year old understudy CF happy

Based on his early season form I'm not sure Berahino is the answer for us.. Austin on the other hand has never been the answer to any of our questions, ever.

How about Ricky Lambert?

Not young obviously, but proven in a Poch-system, a very capable player with a bit of know-how. Intelligent and could work with Kane quite well i reckon. And he's gettable and would accept not being first choice all the time.

Based on his early season form I'm not sure Berahino is the answer for us.. Austin on the other hand has never been the answer to any of our questions, ever.

Berahino is the sort of CF we should be after, and sort of player we would go for. He's versatile, young, English, would understand if Harry is ahead of him in the pecking order....

Back