• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I wanted Perez in the summer, i think he is similar to Aguero, Tevez etc as he can run at players and make things happen out of nothing. Obviously he is no where near the standard of Aguero, Tevez but i feel we have always been missing a striker who is not afraid to dribble inbetween players in the box.

I wanted Perez in the summer, i think he is similar to Aguero, Tevez etc as he can run at players and make things happen out of nothing. Obviously he is no where near the standard of Aguero, Tevez but i feel we have always been missing a striker who is not afraid to dribble inbetween players in the box.

Where would he play? We already have 5 established wide forwards (£85m worth of players) for 2 positions, even discounting Townsend.

Where would he play? We already have 5 established wide forwards for 2 positions, even discounting Townsend.

Play him infront of Kane, everyone seems to think Kane should be number 10 and just because Perez plays in the 10 role at Saudi Sportswashing Machine doesn't mean that is his best position.

Play him infront of Kane, everyone seems to think Kane should be number 10 and just because Perez plays in the 10 role at Saudi Sportswashing Machine doesn't mean that is his best position.

No thanks Kane should be an out and out striker

I don't watch a whole of Saudi Sportswashing Machine play (as I'm not a masochist) but Perez has not impressed me any time I've seen him. If I judged him on just those matches, a small sample to be fair, I would put him in the 'please don't fecking buy him' category. But maybe I'm misjudging him. There is a first time for everything ;).

I'm all for taking a punt on Dembele MKII if he passes the Mitchell's black box test (wow how racist would that sentence be in another context) or even Negredo for the right money

Only idiots. A few thick pundits (mainly Ruud Gullit) mentioned it on MOTD earlier in the season and some people keep ignorantly repeating it.

Lloris would probably make a passable FB, but you wouldn't move him out of goal.

Hodgson moving Rooney to RWF to get him into the team shows just how much Kane is the main man #9 now.

Hmmmm - I think the idea here is that we need somebody who will let us give Kane a rest every now and again. I think the problem with a Perez type striker at number 9 is that unless Kane partners him as number 10 then we might struggle with holding on to the ball and being able to build attacks.

Well according to Perez we supposedly bid for him in the summer so I would imagine the powers that be have/had a plan for that

As a back-up option in case we didn't get Son and Njie?

Dunno, possibly - point was it looks as though he was a target and you'd imagine that the club saw him fitting in to our style,

I'd put money on the club wanting more than Son and N'jie as cover for Kane - and would say they are primarily seen as WFs who can do a job if needed up front, rather than being seen as CF cover primarily

Perez is young and will develop in to a decent striker for me. Strong in the air and likes to dribble. Has the raw materials to be very good. Decent service and who knows.

Tottenham's Levy determined to spend £25m on classy pair

Tottenham Hotspur will spend around £25million to keep young stars Harry Kane and Dele Alli at the club, according to reports.

With the England pair drawing considerable interest from clubs at home and abroad, The Sun reports that the north London club are to increase their wages to ward off potential suitors.

Kane, who has seven goals in 14 matches in all competitions, is to see his wages rise from around £45,000-a-week to £70,000-a-week, while Alli, who scored his first England goal in midweek, will reportedly see his wages double to around £25,000-a-week.

The club will hand the pair five-year deals taking the total cost to about £25m because of add-ons and bonuses.

The report states that neither play asked for a wage rise, but Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino said that they have earned it.

"If you are successful the club gives you what you deserve. This club always pays its players a good salary," said the manager.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...new-contract-deals-by-tottenham-a6743211.html

PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 34, is interested in moving to the Premier League, with Arsenal his club of choice. (Sunday Mirror)

Manchester United plan to sign a left-back in January as Luke Shaw, 20, recovers from a broken leg, with Wolfsburg's Ricardo Rodriguez, 23, the latest player to be scouted. (Sunday Mirror)

_86814591_newspapers.png

The Mail on Sunday back page suggests Louis van Gaal is planning to make a move for Cristiano Ronaldo, which is in several newspapers

Chelsea want Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 26, as Jose Mourinho bids to sign two new strikers.(Sun on Sunday)

Tottenham are planning to move for Corinthians forward Alexandre Pato, 26, if they lose out to Chelsea in the race to sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino. (Daily Star on Sunday)

Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, 42, has been offered a £10m deal to manage in the Middle East.(Sunday Express)

Emirates Marketing Project boss Manuel Pellegrini, 62, says he would pick the same XI that lost 4-1 at home to Liverpool again

This tweet really sums up the papers:

PAPER TALK: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham all linked with players.

Back