• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

He's a great player, possibly the greatest ever, but 600k a week? That's probably more than all our players combined... But them again, whoever got him would probably walk the league.

We will if we let Townsend go, I suspect. Back-up for Kane is needed, and that Depoitre guy we were linked with fits the bill in terms of being relatively cheap, physically similar to Kane and possessed of a decent work-rate and mentality by all accounts.

I also suspect an Alli-esque buy and loan-back is in the offing for someone or other, although given our glut of youth talents I'm not sure where that youngster would fit in our succession plans: still, stockpiling hasn't done Chel53a much harm, current hilarity aside. :)

Even without Townsend we have Lamela, Son, Eriksen, Dembele, Chadli, Pritchard and Clinton for those 3 attacking midfield spots. I don't think we're particularly light there. Would have to be someone a bit special for us to make a move.

But if you were Berahino why sign for Saudi Sportswashing Machine in January when 18 months later you can leave on a free. I think it is more likely he will leave next summer when WBA will be desperate

No I don't think a move to Saudi Sportswashing Machine is particularly likely either.

Ayoze Perez was a player we were interested in according to some reports in the Summer. Reckon his high energy versatility will suit the system.

Not sure he's what we need? Seems to me like another player without much physical strength or much pace. Very useful and good, but we already have quite a few players fitting that description for our attacking positions. Why I think Son seemed to make such a big difference when he came in and why we went for him and Clinton who also has genuine pace.

I would much rather see a real option to Kane up front with some height and physicality, or another real pacy wide option. Particularly as Perez from a PL club after proving himself in England is probably going to be rather expensive.

Even without Townsend we have Lamela, Son, Eriksen, Dembele, Chadli, Pritchard and Clinton for those 3 attacking midfield spots. I don't think we're particularly light there. Would have to be someone a bit special for us to make a move.

I agree, the three spots behind the striker are fine and we've got options there. However, I don't think we can reasonably be comfortable with our situation up front, where we're pretty reliant on just Kane: hence, I think we'll go for someone there to tide us over until the summer. Probably someone physically similar to Kane, since pacier/more agile options already exist in the form of Son and N'Jie, and probably someone inexpensive, since we won't be running a net spend in January. Ergo, if we manage to shift Townsend, I think that Depoitre lad fits the bill in terms of being a target man we can bring in for a fairly inexpensive price ,certainly less than or roughly equal to what we'd get if we sold Townsend.

I agree, the three spots behind the striker are fine and we've got options there. However, I don't think we can reasonably be comfortable with our situation up front, where we're pretty reliant on just Kane: hence, I think we'll go for someone there to tide us over until the summer. Probably someone physically similar to Kane, since pacier/more agile options already exist in the form of Son and N'Jie, and probably someone inexpensive, since we won't be running a net spend in January. Ergo, if we manage to shift Townsend, I think that Depoitre lad fits the bill in terms of being a target man we can bring in for a fairly inexpensive price ,certainly less than or roughly equal to what we'd get if we sold Townsend.

I agree with this. Good to see you back buddy!

He's a great player, possibly the greatest ever, but 600k a week? That's probably more than all our players combined... But them again, whoever got him would probably walk the league.

The $600K would have to be looked at in detail (as sponsorship/image rights could counter a large amount of that cost)

The real problem is the $175M buy out +600K, combined amount (over 4 years = 1.4M a week?)

No doubt Messi is one of the greats, however the cost, +risk of PL settle in, +fact that he has only really played for Barca with a team built around him ... can't see it.

The $600K would have to be looked at in detail (as sponsorship/image rights could counter a large amount of that cost)

The real problem is the $175M buy out +600K, combined amount (over 4 years = 1.4M a week?)

No doubt Messi is one of the greats, however the cost, +risk of PL settle in, +fact that he has only really played for Barca with a team built around him ... can't see it.
Cold night in Stoke and all that too.... ;)

Chelsea to hijack Tottenham and make shocking £20m move for Premier League striker

CHELSEA will offer £20m for West Brom striker Saido Berahino in January, according to reports.

The Daily Telegraph claims Jose Mourinho is impressed with the 22-year-old and is looking at him as a possible replacement for Radamel Falcao.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/476235/Chelsea-Tottenham-20m-Premier-League-striker

Tottenham are the latest Premier League club to express an interest in signing Alexandre Pato.

The former AC Milan star is being tracked by Liverpool ahead of a proposed January bid, while West Ham are also scouting the Brazilian.

However, according to to Calcionews24, Spurs are now frontrunners in the chase to land the Corinthians playmaker, who is currently on loan at Sao Paolo.

The report claims negotiations have already begun between the two clubs with a fee of around £8m being discussed.

http://talksport.com/football/tottenham-rival-liverpool-race-alexandre-pato-151116174507

PALACE HAVE £8.8 MILLION BID REJECTED FOR TOTTENHAM TARGET

Crystal Palace are said to have had an £8.8 million bid rejected for Sporting Lisbon striker Islam Slimani.

The frontman has supposedly been a long-term target for Eagles boss Alan Pardew, but with the likes of Tottenham and West Ham sniffing around too, there still appears to be some way to go before the club can agree a move for the Algerian hitman.

http://www.hltco.org/2015/11/17/palace-have-8-8-million-bid-rejected-for-tottenham-target/

Spurs To Snap Up Spanish Striker?

Netting the winner in Saturday’s 1-0 victory away at Bournemouth has once again seen Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s Spanish attacker, Ayoze Perez, 22, linked with a move away from St James Park in a rumoured £12million move.

Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have both, seemingly, rekindled their interest in the versatile front man.

http://threeandin.com/spurs-to-snap-up-spanish-striker/

We should call this a comedy thread instead. How many times can we jump ahead of the queue for Pato without signing him? There's a new front runner weekly, if not daily at times.

Arsenal join Spurs in top striker battle despite chief's claims Liverpool have agreed deal

ARSENAL are desperate to beat a host of Premier League rivals to Corinthians striker Alexandre Pato, according to reports.

Corinthians previously claimed Liverpool had a deal in place to sign Pato, 26, while Tottenhamand West Ham have also been linked with a move for his signature.

But the Metro report that the Gunners have entered the race and are locked in a battle with their north London rivals, who are said to be preparing an £8m offer.

A return to Europe appeals to the former AC Milan forward.

Asked this week about a European switch, he said: "I do not know, I hope soon."

Pato was one of the continent's most in-demand strikers during his spell in Milan but his form badly dipped during his final years at the San Siro.

He returned to his homeland in 2013 and a loan spell at Sao Paulo from Corinthians has him back fit and firing.

The 27-cap Brazil international is a wanted man again and Corinthians president Roberto de Andrade said last week: "There is an agreement in principle with Liverpool for the transfer in the coming weeks.

"Pato had long expressed a desire to return to Europe.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...ker-battle-chief-claims-Liverpool-agreed-deal

No brick. How can Liverpool have a deal in place? Just the other day we were making progress (for the umpteenth time).

Chelski can have him and Ars can have Pato, i am not interested in those kind of signings any more, I trust in the black box let see what tricks it has.

No brick. How can Liverpool have a deal in place? Just the other day we were making progress (for the umpteenth time).

Remember Brazil doesn't have transfer windows - you can sign players from Brazil at any time (though you can't registered them in England till 1 Jan)

Exactly.
There is a reason no one has gone for Pato, its just far too toxic.
I'm surprised there hasn't been a push from a Russian club though

Why? Because he had a few muscular/growing pains injuries when he was young?

He's got the ability to be one of the top 10 forwards in Europe and has been injury free for a couple of seasons now.

Potentially a Cantona-esque signing for someone

I think mentioned it in one of the threads after the Arsenal game but Perez is a signing I would like. When I have watched him I have been impressed and thought he would suit the system we are trying to play. Made a point of watching more of him around the Saudi Sportswashing Machine-Norwich game and he has looked a threat in all four of the those games regardless of result. Wouldn't mind him as a target at all to be honest

Transfer windows in the coming years should be very quiet for us which is an ideal situation to be in heading into the new stadium.

Sign the calibre of young hungry players like Dier and Alli I would be more than happy.

Don't want any big bollox type of player, however I could see the impact rooney had on the young players on England duty.

Back