• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Why? Because he had a few muscular/growing pains injuries when he was young?

He's got the ability to be one of the top 10 forwards in Europe and has been injury free for a couple of seasons now.

Potentially a Cantona-esque signing for someone
No - because of the situation around his ownership.
I thought you'd know all about it with your never ending knowledge of world football

I agree, why upset the apple cart when things are going so well. ( to coin a phrase my granny used to say).
Completely agree. We don't need some Billy Big B0llocks coming in thinking he is bigger than the club - no point risking the squad morale. Would prefer us to sign an up and coming player like Berahino or a lower profile CF (such as that Belgian dude, Depoitre?) than someone who might (I stress might) think he's the big man in the club given where he's played before

No - because of the situation around his ownership.
I thought you'd know all about it with your never ending knowledge of world football

I think that his loan is up at Christmas, so that should get easier but I cannot see us going for him in a million years.

Cantona 1992

Different circumstances, Cantona joined a team that was full of experienced pros.

Name
Steve Bruce 3749' 42 42 - 1 5 6 - -
Brian McClair 3649' 42 41 1 2 9 - - -
Gary Pallister 3780' 42 42 - - 1 4 - -
Peter Schmeichel 3780' 42 42 - - - - - -
Ryan Giggs 3460' 41 40 1 8 9 1 - -
Mark Hughes 3572' 41 41 - 4 15 7 - -
Paul Ince 3514' 41 41 - 4 6 4 - -
Denis Irwin 3565' 40 40 - 2 6 - - -
Paul Parker 2768' 31 31 - 1 1 - - -
Andrey Kanchelskis 1277' 27 14 13 9 3 - - -
Lee Sharpe 2362' 27 27 - 2 1 - - -
Éric Cantona 1919' 22 21 1 1 8 2 - -
Darren Ferguson 1325' 15 15 - 2 - 2 - -
Clayton Blackmore 1125' 14 12 2 1 - 2 - -
Bryan Robson 672' 14 5 9 - 1 2 - -
Mike Phelan 665' 11 5 6 3 - 1 - -
Dion Dublin 319' 7 3 4 1 1 1 - -
Danny Wallace 29' 2 - 2 - - - - -
Nicky Butt 25' 1 - 1 - - - - -

Completely agree. We don't need some Billy Big B0llocks coming in thinking he is bigger than the club - no point risking the squad morale. Would prefer us to sign an up and coming player like Berahino or a lower profile CF (such as that Belgian dude, Depoitre?) than someone who might (I stress might) think he's the big man in the club given where he's played before

Although I'm not to keen on signing Pato I'd rather we get him then carry on for the rest of the season with Kane as our only out and out striker. We've been punished way to many times for not bringing one in. I also don't see Berahino leaving in January and I think that ship has long sailed.

Although I'm not to keen on signing Pato I'd rather we get him then carry on for the rest of the season with Kane as our only out and out striker. We've been punished way to many times for not bringing one in. I also don't see Berahino leaving in January and I think that ship has long sailed.

I think that depends on whether Pato would be part of our long term plans. Having just got rid of a lot of deadwood, I don't think that now would be a good time to add more. To me, Pato does not feel like a good fit for us and I think that this is just press/agent guff.

Agree with you CraigJ. We need another CF and I don't think we will be back in for Berahino, who doesn't really fit the bill either for me. We have Chadli, Son, Nige to support Kane. What we don't have is someone to play instead of Kane. This could be our Achilles heel post Jan and we need to sort the problem in Jan if at all possible.

Reactions: DTA
If Son and Njie don't show that they can play the number 9 role there is no doubt we will look for a striker but it won't be a panic buy. Poch will only go for players he really wants. Saido was one, not sure we have any chance now with him. Not sure who else we might look at and the rumour mill is hardly in over drive regarding our interest.

Isn't Pato another number 10 type? I don't think we need any more of those at all.

IMO we need somebody who is a first and foremost a good number 9 but can also play as a wide forward. That will allow us to give Kane a rest every now and again as well as provide even more cover for our 7 and 11 positions. Somebody like Remy would probably be ideal (I know that Chelsea wouldn't sell to us so I'm just using him as an example).... My knowledge of players around the World isn't particularly high - so I'll leave it to the better informed on here to come up with some players who might fit that bill?

I think Berahino still fits somewhere, although I'm not sure he has Kane's ability to hold the ball up.

Dembele from Fulham would be a wildcard. I think he is destined for big things and this winter is definitely the time to get him with his current contract situation and it also being a year or two before the real big boys are likely to be interested in him.

Negredo on a 6 month loan would also be a great option for us I think. Minimal cost, already proven in the PL and would allow us to rest Kane (or even drop him into the number 10 role) and not have to change the way that we play.

Negredo on a 6 month loan would also be a great option for us I think. Minimal cost, already proven in the PL and would allow us to rest Kane (or even drop him into the number 10 role) and not have to change the way that we play.
Was he? I don't remember him doing much, and why did City sell?

Was he? I don't remember him doing much, and why did City sell?
I think he scored 23 goals in 48 games in all competitions in his single season at Emirates Marketing Project (not sure how many of those 48 games he started and how many were as sub).

He says he left because Pellegrini lost faith in him. A story here in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ter-City-Manuel-Pellegrini-lost-faith-me.html

I remember in his first half a season in the PL he looked absolutely fantastic, tailor made for the PL with great control and technique allied to his strength and he seemed to really relish the physical battle.

I think that depends on whether Pato would be part of our long term plans. Having just got rid of a lot of deadwood, I don't think that now would be a good time to add more. To me, Pato does not feel like a good fit for us and I think that this is just press/agent guff.

Good point. There must be some club out there in Europe in desperate need of cash who we can buy a striker from.

Good point. There must be some club out there in Europe in desperate need of cash who we can buy a striker from.

Even desperate clubs don't sell good players in January.

The only players available will be unwanted ones (Negredo, Pato etc), or those with contract situations (Dembele etc)

Back