• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Portsmouth has a FB named Ben Davies. A shame the two Paul Robinsons are getting on a bit.

My personal favorites were always David Edgars and Collins John.

Dier's middle name is Edgar. Maybe we can convince him to change his last name and drop his first

I remember1990 causing commentators issues because there was Trevor Stevens, Gary Stevens and Gary Steven all in contention for the England squad.

And more recently there were England squads with 3 Coles - from Andy, Ashley, Joe and Carlton

Exclusive: Saudi Sportswashing Machine set to battle Tottenham for £25m rated striker

Saudi Sportswashing Machine will go head to head with Tottenham over West Brom rebel Saido Berahino when the January transfer window opens.

And Toon boss Steve McClaren is optimistic that the simmering feud between Albion and Spurs will allow the Geordies to land the unhappy ex-England Under-21s striker instead.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...achine-battle-Tottenham-for-25m-rated-striker

psycrs.gif

The one time Ashley spends is when they are in serious relegation danger. I can actually see them doing that.

Statement from Levy this summer that we were going back towards more of the £10-15m signings. Great success this summer with Alderweireld in that range, as well as Alli for even less and Dier really coming into his own signed a year ago.

We did push that limit with Son. And he looks a good buy. Will we do that again for Berahino? In January? Not convinced.

Exclusive: Saudi Sportswashing Machine set to battle Tottenham for £25m rated striker

Saudi Sportswashing Machine will go head to head with Tottenham over West Brom rebel Saido Berahino when the January transfer window opens.

And Toon boss Steve McClaren is optimistic that the simmering feud between Albion and Spurs will allow the Geordies to land the unhappy ex-England Under-21s striker instead.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...achine-battle-Tottenham-for-25m-rated-striker

psycrs.gif
I dont think he would leave WBA for them, if he leaves its for ne of the bigger clubs who dont struggle every year

The one time Ashley spends is when they are in serious relegation danger. I can actually see them doing that.

They are in no danger of being relegated. They spent a lot in the summer and will only improve as those players get more familiar with each other.

The article just shows (yet again) how papers make brick up to fill their quota. It's just a rehash of stuff that's already been written.

Berahino and some up and coming unheard-of kid would be a great January. The only other signings I would want are signing extended contracts with the likes of Oduwa and MV

Berahino and some up and coming unheard-of kid would be a great January. The only other signings I would want are signing extended contracts with the likes of Oduwa and MV

The only time we've ever spent in January was in 2009 when we had £50m from Berbs and Keane burning a hole. The January market in general has also been contracting and contracting in terms of activity

I doubt we'll sign anyone in January, let alone a £10m+ player

The only time we've ever spent in January was in 2009 when we had £50m from Berbs and Keane burning a hole. The January market in general has also been contracting and contracting in terms of activity

We will if we let Townsend go, I suspect. Back-up for Kane is needed, and that Depoitre guy we were linked with fits the bill in terms of being relatively cheap, physically similar to Kane and possessed of a decent work-rate and mentality by all accounts.

I also suspect an Alli-esque buy and loan-back is in the offing for someone or other, although given our glut of youth talents I'm not sure where that youngster would fit in our succession plans: still, stockpiling hasn't done Chelsea much harm, current hilarity aside. :)

That's why I said it would be a great January to get Berahino and a kid. I haven't checked but can't believe you're right saying that 2009 is in the only year we've spent anything in Jan

That's why I said it would be a great January to get Berahino and a kid. I haven't checked but can't believe you're right saying that 2009 is in the only year we've spent anything in Jan

We've spent £10m total in the last 5 Januarys combined (on 8 players; £5m was on Alli alone).

Good players just aren't available. January is just for crisis clubs to spend ridiculous money on crap players

Statement from Levy this summer that we were going back towards more of the £10-15m signings. Great success this summer with Alderweireld in that range, as well as Alli for even less and Dier really coming into his own signed a year ago.

We did push that limit with Son. And he looks a good buy. Will we do that again for Berahino? In January? Not convinced.

But if you were Berahino why sign for Saudi Sportswashing Machine in January when 18 months later you can leave on a free. I think it is more likely he will leave next summer when WBA will be desperate

But if you were Berahino why sign for Saudi Sportswashing Machine in January when 18 months later you can leave on a free. I think it is more likely he will leave next summer when WBA will be desperate

I think you're absolutely right. The only way I can see Berahino pushing for a move is if he is not playing. Moving to another club part way through a season could open himself up to more risk with regards to getting into the Euros. Also the summer is where he is most likely (imho) to be paid a higher wage. There will be more suitors, and with only a year left on his contract he has more of the power than WBA.

i doubt we would be back in for him unless we had an injury crisis.Would be surprised if Paul Mitchell and his black box couldn't come up with anyone else.

i doubt we would be back in for him unless we had an injury crisis.Would be surprised if Paul Mitchell and his black box couldn't come up with anyone else.

Perhaps, but I can't think of many players that will suddenly have announced themselves since August. If there were realistic alternatives, then I think we would have gone for them rather than go through the media circus that happened. I think they obviously see something in Berahino that fits in with our style of play and that we will be able to get the most out of him. I would not be disappointed if we did not make any signings in January. I'd love a striker, but not at any cost.

Ayoze Perez was a player we were interested in according to some reports in the Summer. Reckon his high energy versatility will suit the system.

Another fine piece of transfer related "journalism":

Exclusive: Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United eye Lionel Messi... but he wants £600k-a-week

The four-time World Footballer of the Year is open to a move to England after falling foul of the tax authorities in Spain.

But the Barcelona superstar's staggering demands look to have priced him out of the budgets of even big-spending Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

The 28-year-old Argentina ace is understood to favour moving to London, with the Gunners his preferred option if he quits Barcelona.

But the deal he wants would see him paid £18m a year AFTER tax, meaning a weekly wage of £600,000 before deductions.

He is currently earning over £14m a year net in La Liga and has a buy-out clause in excess of £175m.

Messi has been with Barcelona since 2001 and has previously said he wants to retire with the Catalan club.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...rsenal-Man-United-Lionel-Messi-but-wants-600k

Oh, it's 'understood'.

Back