• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Im not a huge advocate of Rodgers, its not like he is my first choice, but I wouldnt be against it at all.

To dare is to do, and all that.

If he went to a club that embraced a stylish and attacking brand of football, that had high calibre players and a budget to allow him to buy in top talent I genuinely think he could be a sensation.

The things with Swansea that I like are all things I would love here. They have a complete system of play, the team moves and flexes as one. Over Christmas he changed 6 players between games 2 days apart, won the both, in the same style, with the same quality. They were THAT organised. Everytime I watch them I think "Imagine what he could do with Bale, VDV, Modric, Adebayor..."

They work HARD. He accepts they arent tacklers, so instead they mark channels and intercept. They chase and harry all over the field.

They are patient. Did you see their second against Fulham last week? The ball went back to front back to defence back to front again until they got the opening and scored. There was also another section of play where for a full 90+ seconds they just kept the ball and Fulham couldnt get near it.

They are so composed under pressure. Never panic, always technique first.

Rodgers never takes the credit, he tells you its all about the players and that the success is only because they share his ideas and learn from him. He was on Goals on Sunday this week, from the little I saw he came across as though he was in awe of the players.

He is so engaging, and interesting, I certainly wouldnt be against him taking the job on. I think if (probably a big if) the players bought into his ideas it could be sensational.
I agree with all of that except Rodgers not taking the credit; he takes ALL the credit, whether he likes it or not. Not that he doesn't deserve it TBF.

Fitting the club is mostly the basis on which I believe Moyes would not do well with us at all.

And, funnily enough, is the basis for me to think Rodgers would be a better appointment than Moyes.

I have other points with Moyes, but the main crux of my not wanting him is that he just wouldnt work here. His playing style wouldnt be accepted at all.

I wasn't picking on you at all matey, I believe the same for Rodgers, without the aid of a Crystal Ball its impossible.

AVB was taken to Chelsea under the same kind of guise as Mourinho all those years ago, Mourinho worked, AVB didnt, so there is no real tried and tested yard stick for choosing the right man IMHO.

Before he took over England Capello was the Euro version of Fergi and I am sure we would have all welcomed him with open arms, now I am sure people would not touch with a barge pole......

I agree with all of that except Rodgers not taking the credit; he takes ALL the credit, whether he likes it or not. Not that he doesn't deserve it TBF.

Really? Every post game interview he seems to give all the credit to the players and all of the blame(if any) on himself. An example being after their home game against Utd, they lost 1-0 with Utd's goal coming from Rangel "overplaying" at the back. After the game Rodgers was asked whether he blames Rangel and he said the only person to blame would be him, as that's how he tells his players to play, so if anything goes wrong then it's down to him. Basically the polar opposite of Harry.

Didnt think you were Grays, was just responding

Yiddo - I meant he doesnt do the "look at me, arent I great" thing. If anything he just credits the players and is humble about it, I admire that.

Though I agree he does deserve a great deal of credit for his efforts.

im sure Rodgers and his Swansea team will impress a few of our directors and our chairman when they come and visit the lane in a few weeks time.

im sure Rodgers and his Swansea team will impress a few of our directors and our chairman when they come and visit the lane in a few weeks time.

I'm looking forward to that, I'm hearing Rogers teams play really good forward thinking football. I hope to GHod they play like that against us at the lane.

They're also incredibly well organised and have one of the best defensive records in the league, in the top 3 for clean sheets too. Considering they don't really play a recognised defensive midfielder either it just shows what a little bit of good coaching can do for a team.

I'm looking forward to that, I'm hearing Rogers teams play really good forward thinking football. I hope to GHod they play like that against us at the lane.

Considering the amount of stick you have given anyone who supports someone like Rodgers I would have hoped you at least would be aware of what he/his team can or cannot do

No class. He will most probably end up in Manchester.

Hazzard's next move? To become as rich as he and his whoring agent can get.

Are we bitter - yes. But he won't be value for money anymore.

If multiple clubs are in for him then he'll end up on circa 150k a week.

Back