• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

But he isnt a forward thinking manager, of the two Rodgers is light years ahead in this respsect

Agreed
i think Moyes is solid and i think he can get solid results with a decent team.......i have to say though Rodgers looks like he has one mother of a ridiculous upside to his career. He's the guy that if he and the club he coahes for get it right, could really stamp a claim on football.

i fear though that if he were to leave a smaller market arena like swansea the bigger atmosphere of bigger clubs may get the better of him. i dont know..., its one thing being able to raise the roof on lesser known players in a lesser known enviroment, cause you're in charge and what you say goes and you're revered (sp?)...if he were to come to us i honestly think people will look him up and down and start to size him up from the get go.

could be tough for him and something like that could break him

think it comes down to commanding respect in football and from your players. man management of super egos and politics and handling BIG money with people telling you who the club want to see there etc etc . is he up for something like that?

innovation, forward thinking, getting a philosophy to stick? definately...the X -factor to be really great? who knows

Last edited:
We were not at this level when Redknapp took over though was we. Id have bitten your hand off if you offered me Moyes by time Ramos was sacked...we were f#cked.

Id love to win a title under Harry, or the CL.....but in my heart of hearts, I think that might be beyond him. So its definately way out of Moyes capabilities as far as I can see.

And what do you mean "that old classic"? Do you believe that it doesnt matter what manager you have, as long as you have a budget?

My point is around the Ramos era everyone was coming out with the same old phrase when Redknapp,Moyes,Hughes managers of that ilk all branded not good enough to take us to the next level ie the promised land of the CL.

HR has completely thrown that myth out of the window, and with our resources and financial backing I don't believe he is the only one that would have done so. I had practically the same argument on another forum years ago when someone suggested Redknapp which I said would be a good appointment.

All Im saying is I dont buy into this 'he's not who will take us to the new level' because all those suggestions are is some flavour of the month foreign manager who has as much chance of succeeding as a domestic manager eg Ramos

Im not saying he'd be my first choice, but Im willing to say he is capable of making us consistently challenge for honours and is a decent option....

Might be too soon for Rodgers yet. He had to retire as a player at 20 due to injury. Has spent 9 years as Academy Manager at Reading and 2 years doing the same at Chelsea before he got promoted to reserve team manager for another 2.

As manager he has 6 average/good months at Watford and 4 poor months at Reading before moving to Swansea. This is his second season there.

But he isnt a forward thinking manager, of the two Rodgers is light years ahead in this respsect

I like Rodgers a lot, but as already mentioned you need to see how he handles second season syndrome. In what sense do you mean forward thinking? He has a track record of bringing through youngsters, I know he signs a fair few players on loan but that is obviously due to their financial contraints?

I like Rodgers a lot, but as already mentioned you need to see how he handles second season syndrome. In what sense do you mean forward thinking? He has a track record of bringing through youngsters, I know he signs a fair few players on loan but that is obviously due to their financial contraints?

Forward thinking? Looking to evolve. Being dynamic in the way you want the team to play. Looking at the future trends in football, trying to innovate. All things Rodgers has in his locker.

Compare to Moyes who in 10 years has crafted a team of cloggers.

forward thinking as in playing style, formation, bringing in players SPECIFICALLY to fit in with a vision.

the way swansea play its as if they would rather die than revert to a stoke style of play. game after game their style of play gets reinforced over and over, there are players there that would never have made it on anyone's radar..i mean come on...routledge is relevant again!!!! LOL...not to mention young players used properly in the correct system and formation that is designed to highlight their abilities and therefore the team's ability as a unit....nathan dyer, allen, even our boy caulker, their fullbacks

they were favourites for the drop beginning of the season and now they beat city and arsenal and look safe from relegation

its been a good season no doubt

i do agree though..second season syndrome can be a bitch to overcome

Forward thinking? Looking to evolve. Being dynamic in the way you want the team to play. Looking at the future trends in football, trying to innovate. All things Rodgers has in his locker.

hmm, in me agreeing that rogers appears to be a more forward thinker i totally missed the undertone message....the murdering of moyes .

whats wrong with moyes? team of cloggers sounds harsh to me...he build a solid unit that will graft in every game..but there is ability in there when people arent trying to pinch his players

plus everton have no budget whatsoever its a miracle this man makes them a force every year (actually his record with money is not good at all either way..but still)......

..i think we should tip our hat to the guy for what he's done

I see. Yes I agree with that and I like Rodgers a lot, just think its not his time for us just yet if our manager does indeed leave at the end of this season.

hmm, in me agreeing that rogers appears to be a more forward thinker i totally missed the undertone message....the murdering of moyes .

whats wrong with moyes? team of cloggers sounds harsh to me...he build a solid unit that will graft in every game..but there is ability in there when people arent trying to pinch his players

plus everton have no budget whatsoever its a miracle this man makes them a force every year (actually his record with money is not good at all either way..but still)......

I agree, thought that was extremely harsh....Drenthe for example is certainly not a clogger. But I guess Nayim could argue Everton might not have money to spend, but how much have Swansea spent yet look at the level and style of football they are playing....

Sorry mate, I seem to be going over this one so many times lately I assumed you would know my view.

Moyes has done an amazing job at Everton, in having them knocking on the top 6 door, in breaking the top 4, and in having them not only survive but succeed in this league in difficult circumstances. But...

He has had 10 years, TEN YEARS to make this team anything he wants it to be. We can see from Norwich and Swansea and the like that it doesnt take gazzions of $Ôé¼?ú to make a team play good football, to excite.

And yet what has he made Everton? Cloggers was a cruel term to use, not fair really, but is it that far from the truth? They work hard, are industrious, are often one of the dirtiest teams we play in a season, play defensive negative tactics and lack in genuine skill flair or attacking intent.

Thats his design. He hasnt just inherited this team, after a decade it is HIS team.

In terms of "Forward thinking" Rodgers and Moyes are poles apart, and if that were the criteria for selecting our next manager Moyes wouldnt get a look in IMHO

After we sack whatever poor fudger takes over from Harry, we can get Rogers in. Then, by the time we sack Rogers, Ancelotti should have been sacked by PSG, so we can get him in. When that goes wrong, Martinez will have had 2 or 3 excellent seasons with Espanyol or Villareal, and should be ready for the big show. After that, Harry will have been given the boot by England (QF's again!) and we can play the sentimental card and the glory days can return.

[h=3]MILOS KRASIC has admitted he made a mistake turning down a move to Tottenham in January.[/h]
The Juventus midfielder confessed snubbing a loan switch to White Hart Lane was the wrong option.
And he has opened the door for Harry Redknapp to make a renewed offer in the summer after declaring his intention to quit Serie A.
Serbian international Krasic, 27, has fallen out of favour under Juve boss Antonio Conte.
The winger said: "It's obvious that I have been written off and there is no place for me here so all I can do is keep working hard to stay fit and look for a new club at the end of the season.
"There were offers from Zenit St Petersburg and Tottenham during the January transfer window to join them on loan.
"But I decided to stay at Juve because I believed I would get another chance here.
"Obviously, that was an-ill judged decision and it turns out I would have been much better off if I had left."
Krasic, who can play on either flank, scored nine goals in 41 appearances for Juventus in his first season at the club.
But he has netted just once in nine games this term. He added: "I am very sad to be leaving Juventus, no one would be happy to leave such a great club under these circumstances.
"But Conte has scrapped me and it's best for everyone that I leave."

[h=3]MILOS KRASIC has admitted he made a mistake turning down a move to Tottenham in January.[/h]
The Juventus midfielder confessed snubbing a loan switch to White Hart Lane was the wrong option.
And he has opened the door for Harry Redknapp to make a renewed offer in the summer after declaring his intention to quit Serie A.
Serbian international Krasic, 27, has fallen out of favour under Juve boss Antonio Conte.
The winger said: "It's obvious that I have been written off and there is no place for me here so all I can do is keep working hard to stay fit and look for a new club at the end of the season.
"There were offers from Zenit St Petersburg and Tottenham during the January transfer window to join them on loan.
"But I decided to stay at Juve because I believed I would get another chance here.
"Obviously, that was an-ill judged decision and it turns out I would have been much better off if I had left."
Krasic, who can play on either flank, scored nine goals in 41 appearances for Juventus in his first season at the club.
But he has netted just once in nine games this term. He added: "I am very sad to be leaving Juventus, no one would be happy to leave such a great club under these circumstances.
"But Conte has scrapped me and it's best for everyone that I leave."

Would have been useful right now.

finishing 3rd would have meant a lot in terms of buying some decent players in the summer. The quality we are after may think twice until we go through via the qualifier (of course only if we hold onto 4th place)

long summer ahead

It's amazing how Moyes cloggers season after season watch these up and coming fantastic managers playing great football slip back down to the level they came from and into obscurity.

should have made an announcement the minute Capello resigned, wish Harry all the best and sign Villa Boas on the spot, would have limit the damage!!!!

finishing 3rd would have meant a lot in terms of buying some decent players in the summer. The quality we are after may think twice until we go through via the qualifier (of course only if we hold onto 4th place)

long summer ahead

i've always wondered about comments like this , not from you my good man but from players themselves

they want to joun a CL club but dont want to put the necessary work to get there?

then there are players that talk about leaving thier clubs because they dont make CL.....well you ARE part of that team are you not? what the fudge are you doing there ? sight seeing?

if we make 4th and thats a heavy influence on someone's decision to join us, i have to say.....even though i DO want them (if they are all that ) i kind of think thats not the kind of player you would want to sign

"i want CL football"......your team could even go out in the first round. is CL that important to you that you sign away 4 years of your life for potentially just a few month of football in the top competition on earth?

Rumours of Hernanes of Lazio although he is another VDV seq player, not quite a striker and won't put in a shift in midfield...

Back