• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Yet all AVB has done is have 1/2 a bad season in the prem but you want him? I asume you didn't want Harry either then when he was appointed?

Harry happened so fast, I didn't get a chance to think to be honest. AVB's 1/2 a bad season in the prem is under very different circumstances.

Are we having a discussion or are you picking away waiting for me to say something that you can start an argument with ?

I don't want an argument, just wanted to know why AVB would be one of your top choices whereas you laugh at anyone mentioning Rodgers. As it stands Rodgers must be a lock for manager of the season, not bad for an "average" 1/2 season.

Many were crowing over AVB last season much like they were over Mourinho. You realise Mourinho is about ten times the manager AVB is right?

I don't want an argument, just wanted to know why AVB would be one of your top choices whereas you laugh at anyone mentioning Rodgers. As it stands Rodgers must be a lock for manager of the season, not bad for an "average" 1/2 season.

Hodgson was manager of the season, then went to Liverpool. He did really well there.

Let's leave it, you've had my answers.

Excellent example. I can see your side of the argument now.

If Rodgers is cracked up to be what people say/think he is then he will do the same with Swansea next season (that's the real test). He will be around the premiership for a while to come if he is that good. There's no rush for Spurs to even think about a manager like this at the moment. Give him a few years to prove he is the real deal then we could shortlist him if we were looking for a manager ourselves.

If Rodgers is cracked up to be what people say/think he is then he will do the same with Swansea next season (that's the real test). He will be around the premiership for a while to come if he is that good. There's no rush for Spurs to even think about a manager like this at the moment. Give him a few years to prove he is the real deal then we could shortlist him if we were looking for a manager ourselves.

Moyes has been around for a few years. :eek:

What is wrong with Moyes ? He has done wonders with Everton. He should really be knighted.

Exactly. The same people who scoff at Moyes would be the same who thought Redknapp would be a bad appointment. Not a fashoinable(or should that be foreign) manager, hasn't managed a club with big resources blah blah blah

I think people go ott with Moyes. Both ways. He's not a bad manager, but f#ck me, we're talking about the next level here....consistently playing CL and starting to challenge for titles in the coming years.

Moyes is not the way forward for our club, at this stage of our development. By the way, where did the Lescott money go? I hear they pay wages from loaned money. This is things that the manager has a part in.

I know he has a budget, but does he use it wisely? Not in my opinion. I also think that players like Baines, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini are wasted under him. Imagine Baines under Harry, or SAF?

Everton are what they are, and thats the most inconsistent team in the PL, and the buck stops with Moyes.

What is wrong with Moyes ? He has done wonders with Everton. He should really be knighted.

whats wrong with him? Have you seen Everton play? After 10 years the best he has done is the sort of style Ham Saladeyes would be proud of.

Ive nothing against homegrown talent, but they have to be a fit for the club.

If Rodgers could translate his playing phylosophy to Spurs it could be amazing - would prefer him ahead of Moyes everytime

I think people go ott with Moyes. Both ways. He's not a bad manager, but f#ck me, we're talking about the next level here....consistently playing CL and starting to challenge for titles in the coming years.

Moyes is not the way forward for our club, at this stage of our development. By the way, where did the Lescott money go? I hear they pay wages from loaned money. This is things that the manager has a part in.

I know he has a budget, but does he use it wisely? Not in my opinion. I also think that players like Baines, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini are wasted under him. Imagine Baines under Harry, or SAF?

Everton are what they are, and thats the most inconsistent team in the PL, and the buck stops with Moyes.

Oh yes, that old classic....'Not what we need for the next level' You telling me you would have said Redknapp was what we need to go to that next level when we sacked Ramos?

Like Redknapp consistently says football is a simple game, and Moyes always gets the best out of his resources and his teams leave nothing on the pitch. You can't turn your nose up at work ethic, its a big part of Barcas game and Im pretty sure with our resources to attract players and players currently at his disposal we would still see good football. Ferguson and Redknapp both speak extremely highly of him which is good enough for me and he deserves an opportunity at a more forward thinking club......

Exactly. The same people who scoff at Moyes would be the same who thought Redknapp would be a bad appointment. Not a fashoinable(or should that be foreign) manager, hasn't managed a club with big resources blah blah blah

Redknapp has always had his teams play entertaining football. Not saying Moyes would be a bad appointment, but they aren't really comparable.

Rodgers has Swansea outperforming Everton despite their record signing being Danny Graham for ?ú3.5m and their wage bill being a fraction of Everton's. Not to mention the beautiful football Swansea play compared to the caveman stuff Moyes plays.

Oh yes, that old classic....'Not what we need for the next level' You telling me you would have said Redknapp was what we need to go to that next level when we sacked Ramos?

We were not at this level when Redknapp took over though was we. Id have bitten your hand off if you offered me Moyes by time Ramos was sacked...we were f#cked.

Id love to win a title under Harry, or the CL.....but in my heart of hearts, I think that might be beyond him. So its definately way out of Moyes capabilities as far as I can see.

And what do you mean "that old classic"? Do you believe that it doesnt matter what manager you have, as long as you have a budget?

Back