• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Pienaar plays on the left hand side of a 5 man midfield for Everton, I don't really consider him a winger as he doesn't whip in crosses throughout the game and cuts inside a lot whereas Bentley usually stays out wide and gets some crosses in, so then he by definition is a winger?

Pienaar plays on the left hand side of a 5 man midfield for Everton, I don't really consider him a winger as he doesn't whip in crosses throughout the game and cuts inside a lot whereas Bentley usually stays out wide and gets some crosses in, so then he by definition is a winger?

the question would be how would pienaar play if we was played on the right and not the left. same swap over with bentley question. but either was i see bentley as a winger and peinaar as a playmaker. i think you got it spot on in that bentley likes to try and beat his man, hugs the hrowin line more than he comes infield...likes delivering crosses, puts his head down and runs to the goals like.....tends to arc his runs more outward than inwards. alot of traits showing him playing as a winger but doesnt have all thats necessary to be a good one even though he is monumentallly talented

Milos Krasic admits he was wrong to turn down offers from Zenit St Petersburg and Tottenham in January, but is now planning to leave Juventus in the summer.

With the Serbia international having struggled for games in Turin this season, speculation regarding his future intensified during the winter transfer window.

A switch to England was widely touted, but the month passed without the highly-rated winger making a move.

He admits he was given the opportunity to try his luck in the Premier League - with Spurs not Chelsea, as was widely reported - and concedes that he made a mistake in choosing to snub their advances.

"At the end of the transfer window in January, there were offers from Tottenham and Zenit for a loan deal," Krasic told Vecernje Novosti.

"I decided to decline those options in the belief that I would be given chances at Juventus.

"That has proven to be a mistake and it would have been better if I had accepted one of those offers.

"There were many rumours about interest from Chelsea, but there was no contact with them and no offer. It was just paper talk."

Written off

With his situation at Juve having failed to improve, Krasic admits he will now look to force through a move when the transfer window re-opens.

"It is obvious that there is no place for me here and that I have been written off," he added.

"I am sorry that I have to leave Juventus. No-one would be happy to leave such a big club, especially after enjoying such a good first season and then being written off by the coach.

"It is in my best interest to leave.

"At the moment I am trying to stay in good shape and preparing to find a new club in June."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7615101/Krasic-regrets-snubbing-Spurs

I've seen some good sporting careers resume after ACL tears. But it tends to lean toward those who suffer them at a younger age. Hopefully that's all Rossi has suffered.

Complete breaks are a different story. After snapping mine, a learned friend told me after my first assessment 'Basically, you're fcuked.' He was right. Years on, still hurts every day. No more running or impact sports.

complete break of what my good sir? P.S sorry to hear about that

Our first 11 is widely accepted as

Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Ekotto, Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale, VDV, Adebayor

Some will disagree of course, but for the sake of argument lets stick with this.

These are my guestimates based upon paper talk etc, so again plenty will argue - I just hope you will agree they are in the right ball park

The team in cost:
Free, ?ú3-4m, ?ú4m, Free, ?ú3-4m, ?ú1m, ?ú5m, ?ú15m, ?ú7m, ?ú7m, Free (well, loan)

This is the best team we have, placing us currently third and around a month ago in the title run.

Which of these players were superstar signings? Immediate top calibre buys? Really expensive or exotic? Modric is the only on in the side that stands apart cost wise. All of the others were well considered buys or cheaper buys for the future.

The idea that we cannot improve the team on a bidget is ridiculous.

The idea that players from below our station cannot improve us is ridiculous.

I suspect some just confuse glitz and glamour with quality and/or what is right for the team.

I am not saying I dont want top class buys either. Simply that cheaper, smart buys can be just as worth while.

Re: Krasic.

Does anyone know why Juventus are not playing him if he is so good?

Edit: I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely interested.

Our first 11 is widely accepted as

Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Ekotto, Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale, VDV, Adebayor

Some will disagree of course, but for the sake of argument lets stick with this.

These are my guestimates based upon paper talk etc, so again plenty will argue - I just hope you will agree they are in the right ball park

The team in cost:
Free, ?ú3-4m, ?ú4m, Free, ?ú3-4m, ?ú1m, ?ú5m, ?ú15m, ?ú7m, ?ú7m, Free (well, loan)

This is the best team we have, placing us currently third and around a month ago in the title run.

Which of these players were superstar signings? Immediate top calibre buys? Really expensive or exotic? Modric is the only on in the side that stands apart cost wise. All of the others were well considered buys or cheaper buys for the future.

The idea that we cannot improve the team on a bidget is ridiculous.

The idea that players from below our station cannot improve us is ridiculous.

I suspect some just confuse glitz and glamour with quality and/or what is right for the team.

I am not saying I dont want top class buys either. Simply that cheaper, smart buys can be just as worth while.

We were not 3rd when we made most of those signings, we were a top half club wishing we were in the top 4. We got Modric who was widely regarded as one of the best prospects in europe, we will always be able to have those type of one off's ala Klinsmann. VDV from Real, Ade are huge signings and Parker was the player of the year. Friedel was astute, a very clever signing. We are currently in 3rd, we are pushing on, should we drop Modric and play the Icelandic lad just to see if he will work out if he is a cheap signing ? Or shall we drop Parker, then have Parker, Hudd, Sandro all waiting in the wings and keep Modric playing ? Or will we tell Ade thanks for the year and bring in Lambert ? How many others will we take the chance on that could come in on a budget and will replace our first 11. Oh and by the way, your calculations of those values is a bit squiffy to say the least, VDV was ?ú8m-?ú9m

Think he fell out with the manager, I don't think he's particularly great anyway.

put it this way, if Valencia is worth 18 mill, Bentley was signed for 16 mill, Krasic at a possible 10 mill or less is an absolute steal. Fast, direct, can score, assist. He and Lennon fighting it out for the right wing, like for like? lovely

If the FM's got their way these would be our signings for next year... Tim Howard, Ricky Lambert, Sigurdsson and Rodgers as manager.

Excluding the pie in the sky Llorente, Hazard signings, we would strike fear into the top half of the table teams.

We were not 3rd when we made most of those signings, we were a top half club wishing we were in the top 4. We got Modric who was widely regarded as one of the best prospects in europe, we will always be able to have those type of one off's ala Klinsmann. VDV from Real, Ade are huge signings and Parker was the player of the year. Friedel was astute, a very clever signing. We are currently in 3rd, we are pushing on, should we drop Modric and play the Icelandic lad just to see if he will work out if he is a cheap signing ? Or shall we drop Parker, then have Parker, Hudd, Sandro all waiting in the wings and keep Modric playing ? Or will we tell Ade thanks for the year and bring in Lambert ? How many others will we take the chance on that could come in on a budget and will replace our first 11. Oh and by the way, your calculations of those values is a bit squiffy to say the least, VDV was ?ú8m-?ú9m

I acknowledged my values werent gospel before I even posted them.

I havent mentioned a thing relating to the content of your post, I suspect you have me confused with someone else.

All I have said is that a cheaper buy from a lower placed team can still be excellent business. That is all.

I think those lambasting the likes of Sigurdson are being a little silly. And no, that doesnt mean I think we should buy him, should put him straight in the team or that he is gods gift to football.

Who would you want as Harry's replacement?

That's a hard one to answer. I would want Mourinho, thats what you were asking though, who I would want ?

If you then ask about players, I would want Robben, Munin (spelling?) Affelay, Hazard, Rossi, Llorente.

As long as its who your asking I want rather than who I think will come.

Ok. Who would you want that we could realistically get?

Judging by the rest of your posts I'm guessing someone like Martin O'Neill?

Ok. Who would you want that we could realistically get?

Judging by the rest of your posts I'm guessing someone like Martin O'Neill?

Manager - I think we could get someone like AVB, Van Gaal, Ancelotti etc, Someone of that ilk.

Players - Affelay, Barbatov and I think we could have a chance of Robben and Rossi.

That's a hard one to answer. I would want Mourinho, thats what you were asking though, who I would want ?

If you then ask about players, I would want Robben, Munin (spelling?) Affelay, Hazard, Rossi, Llorente.

As long as its who your asking I want rather than who I think will come.

Okay, say we end up with all of these players, who do you throw out? How will we line up next season? You don't feel we need any new players at the back, Nelsen, Gallas and Bassong will all be present next season if you could choose?

Manager - I think we could get someone like AVB, Van Gaal, Ancelotti etc, Someone of that ilk.

Players - Affelay, Barbatov and I think we could have a chance of Robben and Rossi.

I agree we could get those managers. But, personally, I'd like AVB to stay the hell away from our club. I know he wasn't treated right by the Chelsea players but...just no. As for Robben? Why would he come here? Sorry to sound like a broken record but he can get ?ú120k upwards at a few choice clubs so I doubt we would have a chance wriggly. Why would he take a pay cut to join us??

So you'd want AVB but you scoff at people wanting Rodgers?

I want a manager that has done more than an average 1/2 season in the prem.

Okay, say we end up with all of these players, who do you throw out? How will we line up next season? You don't feel we need any new players at the back, Nelsen, Gallas and Bassong will all be present next season if you could choose?

Well I doubt Ade will be here next season, why not Berbatov up front with VDV or Hazard dropping off ? or Berbatov and Rossi up front. Robben/Affelay out on the right, yes Affelay out on the right, he is right footed after all. I'm not saying we buy everyone I mentioned, but people say we have a great squad and to a certain extent we do, but I am actually pretty worried when Lennon is out, the full midfield almost changes just because he is injured, we need really good cover. Munin would be great cover for Modric and if the little brick did get a move, I'd slot him right in his position.

I agree we could get those managers. But, personally, I'd like AVB to stay the hell away from our club. I know he wasn't treated right by the Chelsea players but...just no. As for Robben? Why would he come here? Sorry to sound like a broken record but he can get ?ú120k upwards at a few choice clubs so I doubt we would have a chance wriggly. Why would he take a pay cut to join us??

Personally I think Robben would come... why not ? Wages can be a problem, but he can be subsidised (spelling?) I would rather forget AVB's time at Chelsea, they have completely ruined him.

Yet all AVB has done is have 1/2 a bad season in the prem but you want him? I asume you didn't want Harry either then when he was appointed?

Back