• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Milo i am interested to your views on this as i have always respected your opinon, do you think they should be allowed in to the english league system?

Personally, I am against it but I think that it will happen eventually. All the big clubs care about is money and when the Premier League has exhausted some other revenue streams, they will welcome the Old Firm with open arms.

Personally, I am against it but I think that it will happen eventually. All the big clubs care about is money and when the Premier League has exhausted some other revenue streams, they will welcome the Old Firm with open arms.

I agree all they seem to care about is money but i would have thought it was a risk for the english clubs because it is extra competition and celtic and rangers with their fan base would be fairly big clubs if they came into our league.

Im afraid on this subject much like europe in politics i can not think rationally as i dislike the scotish. Sure the are a few good ones about but all the ones i ever meet are always moaning and complaining about the english, fine if your talking about a politican but i do not see how me a locksmith in the south of england has ever done anything to effect them.

Football clubs like the two sheffield ones, leeds, nottingham forest infact the are probably about 30 clubs who feel they could get to the premership and if the glasgow clubs came down it would make it harder for them, it is why i just can not see it happening but it does seem to be a story that never goes away.

Ah, not sure I want him anymore. I mean, the initial rush of euphoria was great while it lasted, but now he seems to be whoring himself out to any club that will have him. United, City, Arsenal, Madrid, us.....meh. If you're coming to Spurs, be 100 percent sure about coming. Don't come and then moan about having made the wrong choice three months down the line, which is what I fear this young lad may do.

I still hope he makes the right choice, and prioritises football over money. But as it stands, I don't think he will.

Dead right. I'm sure if he will be happy picking up ?ú150k per week sat on the bench watching Silva and Nasri. In the meantime, sound out Blackburn and see if they are willing to cash-in on Hoillett

Dead right. I'm sure if he will be happy picking up ?ú150k per week sat on the bench watching Silva and Nasri. In the meantime, sound out Blackburn and see if they are willing to cash-in on Hoillett

If you think Hazard won't get in the team ahead of Nasri then I can only assume you have never seen him play.....

I'm sure we could spend that money in a better way. Cover for Lennon, Priority One if we are talking midfielders

Dempsey and Hoilett, if not Hazard. Lots to spend on, let's not waste it on another central midfielder
considering we at least need two wingers, two strikers and a goal keeper.

Good idea, in my opinion. He's free. If we want to upgrade our wing options, then we'll need better, but if we're satisfied with decent cover for Lennon, then Hoilett is fantastic as an option.

If we were ever looking for a defensive midfielder again I would love to look at that Porto guy again. Think his name is Fernando?

Apparently Liverpool are getting ready to launch a bid for Gylfi Sigurdsson. I said it before and I'll stand by it, he would do wonders for us. 5 goals and 2 assists in 9 games for Swansea, his set-pieces are top notch(So good infact that even our coaching staff would have a hard time ruining them...) and above all else he's young and an extremely dedicated worker. He can play on either flank, but he's most effective in the middle. Cover for VdV and an instant upgrade over Sexy Nico.

If you think Hazard won't get in the team ahead of Nasri then I can only assume you have never seen him play.....

Doesn't really matter if he starts or not, Mancini rotates his players faster than Hazard changes his mind about where he wants to go. Here he would start immediately over Lennon IMO and get some playing time on the left when we rest Bale. Our game revolves so much about wing play that we need to bring someone in who's; a)comfortable on both flanks and b)more than decent cover. We need someone to push Bale and Lennon for their positions and keep them on their toes. And given how often either/both are injured, a winger in the summer is a must - Hazard or someone else.

Transfer objectives (if we continue with same system and philosophy) for the summer and near future are in my opinion the following

We have Saha for depth, but need a first choice striker up front and his back up/challenger. We play 4411, our strikers need to be able to hold the ball up, but also have pace to threaten by themself. Adebayor will leave, and Defoe should be sold considering he's a 442 player that lack game time, turns 30 and is on an expiring contract (won't be much value after next season)

Then there's cover for our wide men, when Lennon and/or Bale are out we lack pace and penetrative capacity. Our replacements are all playmakers - Kranjcar, Pienaar, (VDV). If Townsend isn't ready and the manager have no faith in Giovani, then we need two wide men.

Friedel is excellent, Cudicini experienced, Gomes want out of here. We should look for a long term solution to the goal keeper position. Maybe not as pressing already this summer, but it must be in the mind of the man in charge.

Competition and cover for VDV? It could be solved if one of the wide men we sign is versatile to play in the support role as well. The good support players are usually stars and seldom interested in being back up. You'd think we already have one in Kranjcar, but Harry doesn't seem to rate him in VDVs position.

Friedel - ???? - Button
Walker - Naughton
Kaboul - Dawson - Bruno
King - Gallas - Caulker
BAE - Rose
Parker - Sandro - Livermore
Modric - Huddlestone
Lennon - ????
Bale - ????
VDV - ????
???? - ???? - Saha

Suggestions:
Krul
Dempsey (Lee C-Y)
Hoilett
Kovacic (Sigurdsson)
Remy
Guidetti

We have again a summer in front of us though,
where it will be important that we manage to sell players.
Defoe, Bentley, Jenas (1 yr left), Giovani (1 yr left), Kranjcar (1yr left)
Pienaar and Corluka

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Reports in Italy are linking Liverpool and Arsenal with Udinese duo Mehdi Benatia, 24, and Mauricio Isla, 23, but they face competition from Napoli.

Full story: talkSPORT

Barcelona are plotting a shock summer move for Manchester United twins Fabio and Rafael da Silva.

Full story: Caught Offside

Arsenal are also believed to be chasing Montpellier and France striker Olivier Giroud, who has also caught the eye of both Aston Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Full story: The Metro

Blackburn striker Ruben Rochina is eyeing a summer move away from Ewood Park, if he continues to be left on the bench. The former Barcelona player has not started a Premier League game since New Year's Eve.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Sheffield Wednesday boss Dave Jones, who took Robbie Fowler to Cardiff in 2007, is set to offer the former Liverpool striker a deal at Hillsborough until the end of the season, after he failed to agree terms with Blackpool.

Full story: Daily Mail
OTHER GOSSIP
Jurgen Klopp

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has targeted Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp as a possible replacement for Andre Villas-Boas who was sacked earlier this month. The 44-year-old led the German side to their first Bundesliga title since 2002.

Full story: Daily Mail

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has warned the rest of the Premier League that his side can be even better next season.

Full story: talkSPORT

Bob Pollock, the linesman who failed to notice that Clint Hill's header had crossed the line for QPR in the game against Bolton, has been removed from both the Premier League and Football League list for the weekend.

Full story: Daily Mirror
AND FINALLY

A Singapore couple are fast becoming an internet sensation after a video of their Liverpool FC-themed wedding went viral. The Reds mad couple will be spending their honeymoon in Liverpool to see their team take on Fulham.

Full story: Daily Mai

Tottenham Hotspur target Leandro Damiao in no rush to leave Brazil

5:39pm Monday 19th March 2012 in Latest Football News

Leandro Damiao insists he is happy to remain in Brazil for now. Picture: Action Images

Reported Spurs target Leandro Damiao insists he is not looking for a move to Europe just yet.

The Brazilian is one of world football’s brightest prospects and has been linked with a move to White Hart Lane.

However, the 22-year-old has revealed he is not ready to make the move to Europe just yet.

“One day (the possibility of playing abroad) that day will come, but my career plan right now is to stay at Internacional,” he told TVCOM Esportes.

“If I do leave, then I hope it will be for a big club which is always fighting for titles. My current contract expires in 2016 but I am in no hurry to leave right now.”

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/football/footballnews/9599773.Damiao_to_stay_put/r/?ref=rss

By the looks of things he is not coming to Spurs. Hazard and is agent have gone all out to get the best possible deal for him and im afraid we have not got the wages to compete with City and Madrid.

Back