• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

THFC

Wriggly is another one of the posters who cant stand me on here, and even he corrected you....before I even did. Says alot imo.

We had a civil discussion about the facts. You on the other hand are simply trying to provoke something.

Could tell he was an excellent player as soon as he made his debut against Arsenal. He didn't score in that game but his first touch and passing were clearly excellent.

If they'd signed him permanently it would be a different story, but he's not Swansea's player and I'm sure he'll have bigger fish to fry now.

A player I'd like us to enquire about is Hatem Ben Arfa. Always rated him since he was at Lyon, and although he's started the last two games he's been mostly used from the bench this season. Think he'd be an upgrade on Kranjcar.

Ben Arfa hasn't really come back after breaking his leg, you have to wonder how much of an effect it had on him.

Another ruined thread

New model - original parts

Wookie - Affelay wouldn't command a fee of 30m, imv plus Rossi looks almost certain to move considering his currrent club's position so the price could be reasonable if there are some clauses in his contract dependant on club's finishing position?

No, Im pointing out that you are constantly cutting my quote in half to give it the meaning you want it to have. And you dont like it.

Im trying to provoke something? Ive made no personal comments about you. Ive actually reported you for one post, and I could report you for another....yet theres nothing here you could report me for. Says it all.

know when your beaten, look how many times you follow up one response to try and provoke. two or three before anybody can say anything else. Obsessive, plenty to report you for apart from that. You claim to dish it out in the board bickering thread, all I can see is a person trying to bait all day long.

You keep responding in the way you do, because you have been caught out, its like a child in a sweet shop asking for more sweets. Give it a rest.

And cutting my sentences, shameful. At least mine was quoted as it was. Before you changed it to try and provoke. If anything you should be banned for such dishonesty. You really are scraping the barrel with such childish comments. Give us all a rest from your wannabe antics.

Last edited:
anything above 20 mill for Hazard would be an immense risk for anyone. Who knows how he will handle the massive price tag on his head.

id rather we went for Afellay. Cheaper, can play either wing, top player before his injury.

Afellay and Rossi are two that could improve us immensely

I think 20M is a massive price when we still need to sort the striker problem too

I doubt we'll buy anyone with the expectations of Hazard, Cavani and the like until:

1) we are featuring in the CL regularly.
2) we have a new stadium that makes us able to handle featuring in the CL regularly.
3) we hold on to our players because we are featuring the CL regularly.

I bet that Hazard will end up somewhere else, do very well indeed, and we'll be talking about the next big thing in a couple of years when we have the long term resources to be able to act upon it.

Whoa there cheese tits... That's about ?ú30m - ?ú40m worth of players that haven't actually been kicking a ball this season. Both great players, but splurging on TWO long term absentees? Sounds risky to me.

I know Barca got him on the cheap, but it doesn't mean he'd go cheaply. And Rossi will surely have a monster price tag, injury or not.

10 mill for Afellay and about 20 mill for Rossi.

Villareal are in deep brick, on the verge of dropping into the relegation places, heavily in debt, Rossi is a major asset of course but they are in no position to demand big money for him. anyway, 20 mill is an excellent sum for him

Afellay is surplus to requirement. Barca have plenty of players without the need for him, so they will take 10 mill or less.

We cant pay big transfer fees, big salaries, so we have to be smart in the market. Buying two top players coming back from injuries is an opportunity for us, like buying decrepit homes and lovingly restoring them back to their former glories.

Spanish radio reporting that Barcelona have secured a deal for Neymar to join in 2014 having paid Santos 14.5m euros of the total 58m fee

What kind of a flimflam deal is that?

Pay up the whole sum front or jog on. Ridiculous if true

Let's bid 4m for Wayne Rooney and pay off the rest over 6 seasons

I doubt we'll buy anyone with the expectations of Hazard, Cavani and the like until:

1) we are featuring in the CL regularly.
2) we have a new stadium that makes us able to handle featuring in the CL regularly.
3) we hold on to our players because we are featuring the CL regularly.

I bet that Hazard will end up somewhere else, do very well indeed, and we'll be talking about the next big thing in a couple of years when we have the long term resources to be able to act upon it.

I think a top 3 finish would go a long way towards helping though

I think 20M is a massive price when we still need to sort the striker problem too

It's certainly a problem, but look how much weaker we've been when either Bale or Lennon aren't playing. We need another winger with pace.

I would expect that we will need to sell a few this summer to raise finances.

Bassong - ?ú5m
Corluka - ?ú5m
Jenas - ?ú4m
Gomes - ?ú4m
Dos Santos - ?ú3m
Bentley - whatever we can get

That's ?ú21m there. It's also quite likely that we'll sell Kranjcar and Pienaar which could raise another ?ú10m.

If we have a "new business" budget of about ?ú20m, that would give us a total spend of about ?ú50m to get two strikers, a winger and a centre-back.

So Ive just noticed reading through the thread, was of the mind he had signed for Swansea rather than gone on loan.

Apologies, will teach me to read through before replying!

Kind of surprised if Swansea didnt buy him. Clearly he is integral to their team, and Rodgers does a lot of homework on a player before signing them - to be sure the suit the set up etc.

Back