• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I can't be bothered to find the article, but the headline reads "Vertonghen makes Arsenal his no.1 choice" then you read through the quotes and all he says is that Arsenal are one of a few clubs he'd be willing to join. Obviously a Gooner journo.

Probably the gooner John Cross from the Mirror

Argentina striker Lionel Messi has ruled out ever moving to the Premier League by revealing he wants to stay with Barcelona for the rest of his career.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Manchester United are ready to pay ?ú25m for Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao . The 22-year-old has been the subject of interest from Tottenham.

Full story: Metro

Italian legend Alessandro del Piero looks set to leave Juventus when his contract expires this summer, with Arsenal and QPR reportedly interested. The 37-year-old has spent 20 years at Juve scoring more than 200 goals in 700 appearances.

Full story: Footie-online.co.uk

Arsenal have added Birmingham's 19-year-old goalkeeper Jack Butland to their wanted list. Butland is currently on loan at League Two side Cheltenham.

Lukas Podolski

Germany striker Lukas Podolski has given a further indication that he is far from certain to sign for Arsenal in the summer. The 26-year-old Cologne forward has hinted he would be interested in a move to Lazio.

Full story: Metro
OTHER GOSSIP

Celtic are prepared to play in League One, with the radical plan set to be put to Football League clubs this summer.

Full story: the People

Arsenal or Tottenham face missing out on the Champions League if Chelsea win it this season while finishing outside the top four - because Uefa have ruled only four English teams will play in the tournament next season.

Full story: Daily Star Sunday

There are rumours of negativity engulfing Tottenham and their players, according to former goalkeeper Ian Walker.

Full story: talkSPORT

Louis van Gaal has emerged as a leading contender to take over as Chelsea manager.

Frank Lampard says that former manager Andre Villas-Boas lost sight of the present while trying to move older players out.

Full story: the Sun

Manchester United keeper David de Gea has said manager Sir Alex Ferguson has told the players they must win their 10 remaining games this season if they want to win the Premier League title.

Full story: the Sun

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish says Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez are starting to click.

Full story: Liverpool Echo
AND FINALLY

Emirates Marketing Project captain Vincent Kompany has poked fun at his own appearance by describing his forehead as being "as big as the moon".

AND FINALLY

Emirates Marketing Project captain Vincent Kompany has poked fun at his own appearance by describing his forehead as being "as big as the moon".

How about whats his fave Gervnho - if Kompany's is the moon then Gervinho's is jupiter

Celtic are prepared to play in League One, with the radical plan set to be put to Football League clubs this summer.

Full story: the People

Arsenal or Tottenham face missing out on the Champions League if Chelsea win it this season while finishing outside the top four - because Uefa have ruled only four English teams will play in the tournament next season.

I thought the top one was funny until i read the line below it. Absolutely zero chance of either!!

I don't want Chelsea to win it but would be hilarious if we got third and the boomers were demoted to Europa league.

'Manchester United are ready to enter the ?ú25m race to land Brazil and Internacional striker Leandro Damiao'.

I suppose thats that then. Who's the next one down on our wanted list?

This one is gathering pace. Big discussion on TalkSport tonight, but still cant see if happening. But you just never know, especially if a struggling club went to the wall, i.e. Port Vale,Portsmouth, and a space opened up in the Football League.

the Celtic thing will come down to money as it would take the FL members to agree to it;
(or UEFA may veto it so a precident isnt set)

1. do they all get a nice windfall when Celtic come to town
2. is it just one more long arse journey too far
3. will it affect their promotion and development chances (mostly applies to Champ clubs)

the Celtic thing will come down to money as it would take the FL members to agree to it;

3. will it affect their promotion and development chances (mostly applies to Champ clubs)

The precedent has already been set, Berwick are English but play in the Scottish League. Swansea and Cardiff are Welsh but play in England. Celtic are a far bigger club but the principle is the same.

We should offer Bilbao ?ú30m for Llorente and see what they say to our offer. The only problem is he is going to be hot property, especially if he does well at the Euros.

What do their fans think about it? Are there fans really gonna travel 300-400 miles to London for a game? How much would that cost? I went to Edinburgh last November by bricky train and cost 320 for a return.

What do their fans think about it? Are there fans really gonna travel 300-400 miles to London for a game? How much would that cost? I went to Edinburgh last November by bricky train and cost 320 for a return.

They're a very well supported club, they would have no trouble matching all but the biggest Premiership clubs in terms of away support and their home gates would be bigger than anyone other than ManU.

We should offer Bilbao ?ú30m for Llorente and see what they say to our offer. The only problem is he is going to be hot property, especially if he does well at the Euros.

I think we had our big chance back in August. I really thought that may have been one of the reasons we played them in the August friendly.
Could have saved ourselves a few million

also, if Celtic are invited to join to FL - it has to be Lge 2

If Football League clubs were to vote for it, then more fool them. But Celtic would still not be eligible to join the Premier League - even if they were to finish top of the Championship - unless Premier League clubs were also to vote in favour.

I don't see either eventuality happening. Thank goodness. Don't want either of those two vile clubs in English football.

Last edited:
The precedent has already been set, Berwick are English but play in the Scottish League. Swansea and Cardiff are Welsh but play in England. Celtic are a far bigger club but the principle is the same.

Completely different.

Berwick Rangers, despite being based in England (just), has played in Scottish football for its entire existence.

Swansea City, despite being based in Wales, has played in English football for its entire existence.

Celtic has played in Scottish football for its entire existence. It is Scottish football that made it the club that it is. It therefore has no place in English football.

If Football League clubs were to vote for it, then more fool them. But Celtic would still not be eligible to join the Premier League - even if they were to finish top of the Championship - unless Premier League clubs were also to vote in favour.

I don't see either eventuality happening. Than goodness. Don't want either of those two vile clubs in English football.

I agree it would be wrong to allow them in, i would be suprised if the league clubs would vote for it why would they? i mean it is extra competition for them. Also the welsh clubs deserve the place in the english league system as they have always played it and contributed to it, they have paid their dues.

Milo i am interested to your views on this as i have always respected your opinon, do you think they should be allowed in to the english league system?

I find it funny the is talk of this considering what is going on in the political world. I wonder what alex salmonds views on it are, except i imagine i know, he will be for it because like all the scots i have ever meet they care only about money.

The only reason celtic are bringing this up again is because i imagine in their accounts they are only a year or two behind what happened to rangers, it is not down to us to sort out their problems, let them go cap in hand to someone else, cheeky gits.

Their fans are viciuos nasty so and so's and the amount of them have absolute hatred towards the english i just do not see how it could happen, unfair on fans who wish to travel to away games as well.

I agree it would be wrong to allow them in, i would be suprised if the league clubs would vote for it why would they? i mean it is extra competition for them. Also the welsh clubs deserve the place in the english league system as they have always played it and contributed to it, they have paid their dues.

Milo i am interested to your views on this as i have always respected your opinon, do you think they should be allowed in to the english league system?

I find it funny the is talk of this considering what is going on in the political world. I wonder what alex salmonds views on it are, except i imagine i know, he will be for it because like all the scots i have ever meet they care only about money.

The only reason celtic are bringing this up again is because i imagine in their accounts they are only a year or two behind what happened to rangers, it is not down to us to sort out their problems, let them go cap in hand to someone else, cheeky gits.

Their fans are viciuos nasty so and so's and the amount of them have absolute hatred towards the english i just do not see how it could happen, unfair on fans who wish to travel to away games as well.

Absolutely right about the Welsh clubs. They've earned the right. They didn't become huge by dominating their own league and then selfishly, when it suited them, deciding to abandon that league just so that they could chase more money in another country.

You're also quite right to point out that, quite apart from the loony IRA supporting minority, most Celtic fans rarely have anything good to say about England or the English. And it is quite amusing that political Scotland, on the one hand, is calling for ever more devolution (if not outright separation from the UK) while Scotland's two big football clubs want to go the other way.

Can't go as far as you in your criticism of Scots more generally, though. I lived in Scotland for three years and have many good friends there. I also go there every year for salmon fishing and golf. Beautiful place. Mostly great people.

Last edited:

Full story: Daily Star Sunday

There are rumours of negativity engulfing Tottenham and their players, according to former goalkeeper Ian Walker.

Full story: talkSPORT

Story 1 - Old, old news. That was made clear AFTER 2005, and would have been a disaster the following summer if Arsenal had beat Barcelona and our players hadnt picked lasagne at the buffet.

Story 2 - Wont take the genius that is Walker to work that one out, 3 defeats on the trott plus the tragedy of Saturday you dont go to WHL for the feel-good-factor these days.

Seriously, I could write headlines for these tabloids without hacking anyones phones. Non-stories, the lot of them.

also, if Celtic are invited to join to FL - it has to be Lge 2

100% agree. Should be allowed to enter League Two at most, although I would prefer the Conference. I can't imagine any football league clubs would mind too much, will be a guaranteed sell out everywhere they went, as well as them likely giving a huge away allocation to any team as another financial incentive.

Back