• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

You are still sitting on the fence though. Do you believe Levy lied?

"I don't know"? How can you not know what you believe. Not know what happened, but what you believe happened?

You stated that you will give Berbatov "the benefit of the doubt"......which means that Levy lied surely? Why cant you say it?

You should change your name too Dog with a bone, do not put words into my mouth. You are the one who is convinced in your little mind that certain things happened,fine as i have said on several occasions that is your right to believe what you want to.

Now if you want to carry on with your blustering do so, but i have more important things to worry about then TRYING to discuss anything with a WUM and one with such a closed mind. End of conversation

Berbatov wuld be an extremely backward signing. We are surely not THAT desperate??

I would bring Berba in plus another big striker like a Llorente or Diamaiaoaiaaoaiaoa. Get rid of Ade - Berba would be cheaper. So you got Defoe, plus the aforementioned. That would be a fudgein good strikeforce.

I would bring Berba in plus another big striker like a Llorente or Diamaiaoaiaaoaiaoa. Get rid of Ade - Berba would be cheaper. So you got Defoe, plus the aforementioned. That would be a fudgein good strikeforce.

Bringing back Berbatov would for me be almost as bad as Arse-Sol coming back. I REALLY hope this never happens

True, but point is that I'd be livid if Berba comes back after the way he treated us. Is it really that much less worse than what Campbell did??

I don't recall Berbatov promising Tottenham fans that he was staying. I don't recall Berbatov screwing Tottenham out of ?ú15m for his own self-gratification. I don't recall Berbatov ever soliciting a charge of racism against Spurs fans.

Sol Campbell, on the other hand, is a fudging c*nt.

i don't recall berbatov promising tottenham fans that he was staying. I don't recall berbatov screwing tottenham out of ?ú15m for his own self-gratification. I don't recall berbatov ever soliciting a charge of racism against spurs fans.

Sol campbell, on the other hand, is a fudging c*nt.
this 100%

Modric was worse.

Modric signed a Six Year contract recently and committed his future but then changed his mind as he got offered more money, Berbatov left us because we didn't show any ambition and He joined Manchester United, A United side that was full of quality and miles ahead of us.

Modric wanted to join Chelsea that had an ageing squad with lots of pension players and the fact that we were going to overtake them soon made Modric's desire harder to swallow. He also wanted to join our biggest rivals in my opinion.

Why would a Berbasex and VDV partnership need pace when you have Lennon and Bale flying down the wings, If opposing sides push up to try and pressure Berbasex + VDV then we can play the killer ball to release Bale and VDV. If they play deep to counter Bale and Lennon then it creates space for Berbasex and Rafa to work there magic.

If Berbatov is available for between ?ú5-?ú10mill then we must sign him, Harry would get the best out of Berbatov.

On the money

Modric openly stated he wants to move to a specific club while under contract with us, whoring himself out like a despicable cheap mutt. Arry then went on the whole summer blabbing off (as if he's the agent or something, the media loving bulldog) how he got offered 3 times the money and couldn't help himself. Excuse me? How the fudge is that not worse than Berbatov. Sorry Luka, but you signed a long term contract, son.

Then he went on bitching at Levy for lying to him that if a big offer came they'd consider. So all this time he was (and mostly likely is) using us as a platfrom for his 'big' move. Nice one.

Berbatov to this day maintains he moved for the trophies and not the money and I'm 99% sure unless Danchev puts him under hypnosis he will not sign for a lotto winner money laundering qunt foundation but seek a 'career' move instead in the summer. Levy even confirmed we offered him an improved contract but he refused to look at it. Remember bricky bid on the last day and he told them to do one. Whereas Luka would be begging Levy to let him go so he can earn 3 times as much and screw us at the first available slot.

Mercenaries should be treated as such

Modric was left out of the squad vs. Utd the same Berbatov was left out all those years back. Niether refused to play and if that is the justification for people not wanting him back then guess what that makes them for chanting Luka's name at the team announcements.

Last edited:
You should change your name too Dog with a bone, do not put words into my mouth. You are the one who is convinced in your little mind that certain things happened,fine as i have said on several occasions that is your right to believe what you want to.

Now if you want to carry on with your blustering do so, but i have more important things to worry about then TRYING to discuss anything with a WUM and one with such a closed mind. End of conversation

I simply want you decide whether you think Levy lied. You decided that Berbatov didnt refuse to play by (YOUR words) giving him the "benefit of the doubt".

I find it important because in my opinion, Levy represents the club, and I dont understand why anyone would take some Man U players side over such a conclusive statement.

Coupled with the statements from Woodgate, Redknapp, Segers, Roberts as well as the fact that Berbatov has never denied it, I find it baffling that anyone would imply that the club is lying, and Berbatov is innocent, based on a statement by Ramos which still paints him in a very bad light.

Im like a dog with a bone, because 3 pages later, you cant admit that you think Levy is lying.

If being able to face a discussion, answer questions, back my arguments, and not run away to avoid contradiction is WUMMING to you, then that explains your rather poor, flimsy show in this debate.

You were so hell bent on simply disagreeing with me, and now you "end" the discussion because you cant logically stand by your opinion without calling Levy a liar.

Last edited:
On the money

Modric openly stated he wants to move to a specific club while under contract with us, whoring himself out like a despicable cheap mutt. Arry then went on the whole summer blabbing off (as if he's the agent or something, the media loving bulldog) how he got offered 3 times the money and couldn't help himself. Excuse me? How the fudge is that not worse than Berbatov. Sorry Luka, but you signed a long term contract, son.

Then he went on bitching at Levy for lying to him that if a big offer came they'd consider. So all this time he was (and mostly likely is) using us as a platfrom for his 'big' move. Nice one.

Berbatov to this day maintains he moved for the trophies and not the money and I'm 99% sure unless Danchev puts him under hypnosis he will not sign for a lotto winner money laundering qunt foundation but seek a 'career' move instead in the summer. Levy even confirmed we offered him an improved contract but he refused to look at it. Remember bricky bid on the last day and he told them to do one. Whereas Luka would be begging Levy to let him go so he can earn 3 times as much and screw us at the first available slot.

Mercenaries should be treated as such

Modric was left out of the squad vs. Utd the same Berbatov was left out all those years back. Niether refused to play and if that is the justification for people not wanting him back then guess what that makes them for chanting Luka's name at the team announcements.

Prior to this summer, Modric had already given us three years of outstanding service. He had his head turned, wanted to leave but has been brilliant for us since 1st September.

Berbatov gave us only one year of service before first demanding a move. He too was forced to stay. But he went on a massive sulk the following summer and turned the atmosphere in the changing room toxic.

If Modric does the same this coming summer, then he too will deserve the same contempt currently reserved for Berbatov.

By the way, it's interesting that you afford Berbatov the benefit of any doubt but are not prepared to do the same for Modric. You insist that Berbatov only left Spurs in pursuit of trophies (and I'm happy to accept that). Yet you are adamant that Modric only wanted to leave Spurs for the money. Seems kind of unfair to employ such double standards and suggests that you have some kind of agenda - which, given your well known and long standing admiration for Berbatov, is a conclusion that others could be forgiven for reaching.

Last edited:
It's been said many times before, but we really do need to remember the sad fact that football players are not like us... they don't really care that much about the club!

We've all fantasized about being a Spurs player, staying their our whole careers and becoming a club legend. But, frankly, Modric and Berbatov just aren't gonna do that, and as much as we hate to admit it, they do both have more chance of winning trophies at Man U and Chelsea (at least at the start of this season in the Modric-Chelsea saga).

That's one of the reasons Campbell's case is different, and why he is so much more hated. Because we genuinely thought he was one of us, a local lad, Spurs supporter, who wanted to achieve things with the club he loved. The prick.

I honestly don't think it's as much about money as it is to do with winning trophies with Modric and Berb. Lets face it, they've got a decent amount of wonga as it is. They are just both ambitious, good players who want to be playing at the best possible team they can. Whether Modric still thinks Chelsea are a better team than us if they come knocking in the summer is a different matter.

I don't think it was about money with Modric.
I agree. Let's face it, before the start of this season Spurs had just come 4th and then come 5th, whereas Chelsea had done the double and then been runners up. They were in the CL, we weren't. Chelsea have the backing of Abramovic and splash out ?ú50 million on the like of Torres, we have to live within much much stricter means.

I'm sure Modric will have loved the bumper wage increase too, but I think most people would look at the two clubs and think that the odds were much more in favour of Chelsea winning a major trophy before we did. To say that it was definitely only money that motivated Modric wanting to move to Chelsea is a bit silly really.

It's been said many times before, but we really do need to remember the sad fact that football players are not like us... they don't really care that much about the club!

We've all fantasized about being a Spurs player, staying their our whole careers and becoming a club legend. But, frankly, Modric and Berbatov just aren't gonna do that, and as much as we hate to admit it, they do both have more chance of winning trophies at Man U and Chelsea (at least at the start of this season in the Modric-Chelsea saga).

That's one of the reasons Campbell's case is different, and why he is so much more hated. Because we genuinely thought he was one of us, a local lad, Spurs supporter, who wanted to achieve things with the club he loved. The prick.

I honestly don't think it's as much about money as it is to do with winning trophies with Modric and Berb. Lets face it, they've got a decent amount of wonga as it is. They are just both ambitious, good players who want to be playing at the best possible team they can. Whether Modric still thinks Chelsea are a better team than us if they come knocking in the summer is a different matter.

You are missing the fact that no one begrudges any player a move. Its about how you conduct yourself as a so called professional.

If we had Messi, I wouldnt blame him for wanting to join Barca.......but if he refused to play, Id think he was a complete c#nt, and I wouldnt want him here.

Back